Classic Pop: Sparks on Morrissey - "it's saddening, very disheartening"

In a new interview in Classic Pop, the Sparks are asked about Morrissey.
"We love so much of what he's done, to see his stance against humanity seems so contradictory. From his music we thought inclusion would be part of his views. When it comes to us versus them,
Morrissey seems to be on the side of them. It's very disheartening."

Scan posted by Famous when dead:

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the lyrics of Bengali in Platforms unverifiable?

That song sends leftist authoritarians into fits of sanctimoniousness.

I love it. Not every person earth belongs in England.

That's not actually what the song says - it's a narrative about someone trying to fit in & meeting opposition & it's wistful about how it'll work out.

It's very like Dial A Cliche where a gay man gets told to shut up & stop being fey & he does & it causes him pain.

It's about adjustment to society.

What's that got to do with the intention of an artist to try and sell it
Sparks are decades in the music business. They know exactly that they won't sell a single record more because they criticize another artist so I doubt that this was their intention. They just say what they think about Morrissey's statements because they were asked about it.

Sparks are decades in the music business. They know exactly that they won't sell a single record more because they criticize another artist so I doubt that this was their intention. They just say what they think about Morrissey's statements because they were asked about it.
Apparently both of them said 'if what I've heard is true' - so why not just say 'I don't know the full details, can't comment'. - No thanks.

Apparently both of them said 'if what I've heard is true' - so why not just say 'I don't know the full details, can't comment'. - No thanks.
Give me a break. They’re not talking about UFOs here, they’re talking about something they know is most likely true.

That's not actually what the song says - it's a narrative about someone trying to fit in & meeting opposition & it's wistful about how it'll work out.

It's very like Dial A Cliche where a gay man gets told to shut up & stop being fey & he does & it causes him pain.

It's about adjustment to society.
Something you need help with, instead of posting here morning noon and night.

I'd say it's an astute observation on alienation. But that's just me.
I actually agree with this. I always felt that when he sang the words “belong here” they were in quotation marks, a somewhat ironic detachment from their literal meaning. A linguistic trap in the same way that “Everyday is Like Sunday” is not “Every Day is Like Sunday.”

I actually agree with this. I always felt that when he sang the words “belong here” they were in quotation marks, a somewhat ironic detachment from their literal meaning. A linguistic trap in the same way that “Everyday is Like Sunday” is not “Every Day is Like Sunday.”
I agree.

You know nothing about what he said & nothing about politics.

If you want to punish an Indie singer for guilt by association while the left is unelectable, you go ahead.
You don't know your ass from your elbow either.
Morrissey is a vile despicable racist.
He underlined it time and time again.
Grow up and deal with it.
He's a c***.

Interesting. I always put that particular anomaly down to the same illiteracy as Cemetry Gates. It's surprising how many people don't know the difference between every day and everyday.

I don't need to work. I'm sure you'd agree that it's better that I don't take up a job that could otherwise be done by a school-leaver like you.

🤒
you plan to spend the rest of your life patronizing peeps while on the dole.
WTF???:lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom