Cliff Richard interview about Morrissey support slot - BBC News

Being broadcast on Radio 5 Live in a bit. Up All Night.

Cliff is being interviewed from his humasexual house in Barbados. Where boys run freely on the beach while he sips a Pina Colada and reminisces about Una Stubbs.

It's all very Rik from the Young Ones

I already answered the question above. Unfortunately you clearly don't have the intellectual capacity to extrapolate the answer for yourself. Although you aspire to be a Barleycorn or a Brummie Boy, you're very much the c*** of the litter, I'm afraid.

Don't despair entirely though. There is a chance that one day in the far, far future, your dim-witted DNA may evolve over the course of many, many years to an extraordinary point in time where one of your ancestors eventually develops sufficient cognitive ability to actually log into a website.

Orson - I never seen you so angry! You know there are other Morrissey websites where anonymous posting is not allowed.
Needless to say, the atmosphere is generally a lot more constructive...

Cliff Richard supporting a Morrissey gig? What an absolute embarrassment...

Watch Morrissey come down with the trots three songs in, then wheel Sir Cliff back out for an impromptu cover of "People are the same everywhere". This gig is going to be a disaster; I dearly wish I could attend.

Am I wrong in thinking that Bill Nighy's "Billy Mack" character from Love Actually was partially inspired by Cliff Richard, or was that someone else?

Cliff Richard? The Cliff Richard who was a close friend of both Lord Boothby, who was involved with child sex rings, and the Krays, who supplied young boys to the elite for sex? That Cliff Richard?

Are you kidding me??

FFS, LOL, Sir Cliff???? Well, I fear Moz may regret his choice for many reasons! Oh well, he will have to live and learn ha. Could be far worse, he could have chosen Peter Andre and his Kids!! They pull in the crowds I hear (mind you only at Butlins Bognor) I would have chosen Tommy Steele (his Memoir is a good read BTW)

Bermondsey Boy, for anyone slightly interested! Back to the real world. Hope everyone had a good Valentines, and those that had a partner send flowers to your place of work! The man protest too much, ditch em X

Ha Ha Ha Theres some real ignorant dimwits commenting about Cliff. Cliff and the Shads were the bridge between Elvis and The Beatles Cliff has been the UK's #1 solo artist for decades with more hits than anyone ..and he's no hasbeen he's still going strong I saw him last year and at 71 has more energy than ever and he was rocking harder than he ever did in the 50's..spare us the boring cliches about just the early years Cliffs best work as a solo artist was in the 70's and 80's. His last album went top !0 and his live DVD went to #1 in the music charts and is still in the top ten. He's not as big as he was but he is still hugely popular. You're underestimating Morrisey if you think he's just about the politics. If we just friended people with like minds he'd have no friends. Either that or we'd be sheep which some of you clearly are. Baaaa! I think its great that Cliff has embraced the chance to play with Morrisey and his fans are being supportive. I hope Morriseys fans in the States are welcoming and give him a good reception.

I already answered the question above. Unfortunately you clearly don't have the intellectual capacity to extrapolate the answer for yourself. Although you aspire to be a Barleycorn or a Brummie Boy, you're very much the c*** of the litter, I'm afraid.

Don't despair entirely though. There is a chance that one day in the far, far future, your dim-witted DNA may evolve over the course of many, many years to an extraordinary point in time where one of your ancestors eventually develops sufficient cognitive ability to actually log into a website.

Keep your knickers on Orson your reply wasn't there when I posted

"The memoirs of most pop stars follow a formula....singer has spoken for the first time about his close relationship with...going on to say he is "sick to death" of media speculation about his sexuality...."People often make the mistake of thinking that only marriage equals happiness," he writes.

"I may suddenly meet someone and feel differently, but right now I am not sure marriage would enhance my happiness. As for my sexuality, I am sick to death of the media's speculation about it. What business is it of anyone else's what any of us are as individuals? I don't think my fans would care either way."...

he flatly denied he was gay. "I'm aware of the rumours, but I'm not gay."..."there's always that element of uncertainty and puzzlement, because there's something unresolved about his image."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-about-his-companion-the-expriest-920825.html

*rollseyes*

Ha Ha Ha Theres some real ignorant dimwits commenting about Cliff. Cliff and the Shads were the bridge between Elvis and The Beatles Cliff has been the UK's #1 solo artist for decades with more hits than anyone ..and he's no hasbeen he's still going strong I saw him last year and at 71 has more energy than ever and he was rocking harder than he ever did in the 50's..spare us the boring cliches about just the early years Cliffs best work as a solo artist was in the 70's and 80's. His last album went top !0 and his live DVD went to #1 in the music charts and is still in the top ten. He's not as big as he was but he is still hugely popular. You're underestimating Morrisey if you think he's just about the politics. If we just friended people with like minds he'd have no friends. Either that or we'd be sheep which some of you clearly are. Baaaa! I think its great that Cliff has embraced the chance to play with Morrisey and his fans are being supportive. I hope Morriseys fans in the States are welcoming and give him a good reception.

I agree, of course any true Moz fans will hope it works. But I think there are many reasons this will not turn out to be a good experience. I know a lot of Cliff fans are older woman and born again Christians but I wonder what Moz himself will make of the real Cliff? Not bothering to mention that Cliff stated he will be looking forward to a Chicken Curry after the GIG! Crass? Knowing a person is a devoted and true vegetarian? If they do get on, I shall be perplexed! Hope it works out. Tommy Steele would have been a genius choice!

When I was young and good looking (those were the days) a rumour started I was a lesbian, simply because I refused to date English builders, local big shots et., I never cared what people thought, rather people thought I was a lesbian than a dumbo who goes out with morons! Anyway the moral of this pointless story is, why care where Moz puts his C...? Looking at a photo of Jake Walters I would be tempted if I was Gay, Straight or a UFO. X

I still can't believe this is really happening. I don't understand the logic behind it. I keep thinking I'm going to wake up from it and it all be a dream.

It wouldn't surprise me if Moz and Cliff came out onstage together announcing that they're a couple.

I agree, of course any true Moz fans will hope it works. But I think there are many reasons this will not turn out to be a good experience. I know a lot of Cliff fans are older woman and born again Christians but I wonder what Moz himself will make of the real Cliff? Not bothering to mention that Cliff stated he will be looking forward to a Chicken Curry after the GIG! Crass? Knowing a person is a devoted and true vegetarian? If they do get on, I shall be perplexed! Hope it works out. Tommy Steele would have been a genius choice!

Totally agree re:Tommy Steele.
I too hope it works out, but the logistics do make for an interesting mix.
Although on this site, Cliff is new to some, he does have a fiercely loyal, diverse fan base in the USA too.
I can see them vying for tickets (as too: Tom Jones fans) against people desperate to see Moz.
The bit that is interesting is, obviously, when Tom and Cliff leave (both who's regular audience normally have seats and couldn't cope with noise let alone physical enthusiasm at front of stage - a hand clapping, shoulder shaking event is not awaiting them when they see Miss Young - whatever time she graces the stage).
I can't see lots of more mature fans of said 'Sirs' hanging around to watch Morrissey.
Open minded or not, I would expect it to be a bit anti-climatic for a devout Cliff or Tom fan.
How the potential exodus of a section of the audience will go down with Moz is possibly well worth a ticket in itself...
I can see the novelty and attraction of Cliff playing a rare Stateside one-off and Tom using it as publicity for a soon to be released new album, but the mix of people at the bar would be strange to say the least.
Time will tell...
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:
Totally agree re:Tommy Steele.
I too hope it works out, but the logistics do make for an interesting mix.
Although on this site, Cliff is new to some, he does have a fiercely loyal, diverse fan base in the USA too.
I can see them vying for tickets (as too: Tom Jones fans) against people desperate to see Moz.
The bit that is interesting is, obviously, when Tom and Cliff leave (both who's regular audience normally have seats and couldn't cope with noise let alone physical enthusiasm at front of stage - a hand clapping, shoulder shaking event is not awaiting them when they see Miss Young!).
I can't see lots of more mature fans of said 'Sirs' hanging around to watch Morrissey.
Open minded or not, I would expect it to be a bit anti-climatic for a devout Cliff or Tom fan.
How the potential exodus of a section of the audience will go down with Moz is possibly well worth a ticket in itself...
I can see the novelty and attraction of Cliff playing a rare Stateside one-off and Tom using it as publicity for a soon to be released new album, but the mix of people at the bar would be strange to say the least.
Time will tell...
Regards,
FWD

Well said! I would like to be at the bar on the said night! So happy you agreed about Tommy, would have hoped Moz would have thought of him first!! Would be awful if all Cliff and Tom fans depart before Moz appears on stage? And I know a lot of Cliff fans need support at concerts. At least the event will generate interest, one way or another! X

Yeah...legends for opening acts. Mozzer has a keen eye for what works.

"Morrissey risks a Cliff-hanger" - Barbara Ellen, The Observer, UK, 16th February 2014

o60R3Cy.jpg

P.

"Morrissey risks a Cliff-hanger" - Barbara Ellen, The Observer, UK, 16th February 2014

o60R3Cy.jpg

P.

I didn't expect such a funny piece from Barbara Ellen who has hated Morrissey with a vitriol for DECADES. Is it just me or does Cliff Richard increasingly resemble (in looks and in lifestyle) pop's version of Dirk Bogarde?

more reason to arrive late at a Morrissey show.

Cliff Richard supporting a Morrissey gig? What an absolute embarrassment...

tumblr_lsdrd5CQGN1qdbxa7o9_400.gif

I'm not surprised much. When you're not in your prime yourself, hanging around with much older dudes usually makes you look a lot younger than you are: oldest trick in the Book of Narcissism. :)

...Although in Cliff's case, it would appear that he prefers spending time with 12 year-olds...Which would suggest Cliff hasn't got the insecurities Morrissey has about himself...

A note to Jesse: Look, Jesse, I know that after your time in Rome you mind is open about these things, but know that if Morrissey offers to lock you up with Kitty in a dressing-room, you don't HAVE TO say yes. (Unless it's in your contract, of course.)

Good luck! I'm sure the ghost of Bernie Oliver will look after you all during this tour. All 6 pieces of him! :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom