Cliff Richard names a Morrissey song in NME interview

'Why I said yes to the Morrissey slot'. [/I]

Oh dear. I read "Why I said yes to Morrissey's slut" and briefly wondered who that was.

Wonky eyes. :(

Yes, C.R. COULD be a Morrissey fan. Then again, he COULD be so many other things... "Who knows?"
If you catch my drift.

An anonymous person writes:

A slightly bemused Sir Cliff is interviewed in the current NME 'Why I said yes to the Morrissey slot'. Probably his first NME piece for decades!
The good news is he's finally able to name a Morrissey song!

Rock'n'roll is a great leveller, and his music is quite rock'n'roll.
I found a track called 'The First of the Gang to Die'. It's got such a great sound; the intro has this great rock'n'roll thing.
People say 'are you a fan?' I say 'I could be - who knows?'

Last edited by a moderator:
People say 'are you a fan?' I say 'I could be - who knows?'

Well you should know you big wally, who else?! Listen to a few more tracks.

I can't help but thinking Cliff Richard will actually start listening to The Smiths songs and thinking, "what the hell have I done?"

I wonder how Morrissey feels about all Cliff Richard's Morrissey related comments:squiffy: CR seems to have gotten the memo not to mention Chicken Curry again but we all know how Moz likes to carry a grudge.:p None of these papers would be talking to him at all (presumably) if he weren't opening for Morrissey, and I think he knows that. CR seems like he's being more careful with his words.

I m sure i read somewhere that Cliffs favorite Smiths song was Handsome devil?

Yeah, well, sounds like Cliffy is doing similar rationalisation like I used to do to think myself the whole thing positive. I continued to drag myself to concerts that I had tickets for telling myself that I might meet somebody interesting there. Good joke. Well, I did actually, Brandon Flowers and the other Killers. If anything, this certainly made all the pain in the arse worthwhile, because it led to me going to check those nice guys out in concert. Ha, amazing, didn't think they'd be so good even though they did appear quite fun at the time. Of course I was clueless who they were when I met them so that certainly was a bonus, I mean, I had heard of the Killers, but didn't know that they were them. In retrospective I wonder if they were sent from heaven. Probably not. The Polish guy whom I met the following day certainly was, who bought me batteries for my camera together with his family, when the shop wouldn't accept credit cards and I didn't have enough cash left. I could suggest how he could get his clients to finally pay their bills in return. Hope it helped.

Maybe cliff's a just a tad more open minded than your average solo drone, not difficult.

the intro?

it's sample ! 'Los Angeles you are too hot'

' heading the clouds eating celibate pie'... rather would go to Cliff's show than Tom Jones....[but don't worry I stay in the south of the Netherlands]

I m sure i read somewhere that Cliffs favorite Smiths song was Handsome devil?

Wait till he hears Ambitious Outsiders... Shudder.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom