Confessing to my crush with help from Moz?

MARNIER

Hello! I’d like to ask for you guys’ opinion on something. : )

You see, there’s this person I’ve had a crush on for some time. She might like me too, but I’m not sure about it, and that’s why I’ve been hesitant about whether I should tell her or not. Right now, I’m feeling quite positive that I should. And as she loves the Moz just like I do, I’m planning on blatantly misusing some of his lyrics while doing so…

Here’s the plan: I’d give her a little box of handmade chocolates. When she opens it, the first thing she’d see was a hand-written note: “No one I ever knew or have spoken to resembles you. This is good or bad, all depending on my general mood. Could it be …”. And under the note, there’d be eight chocolates, one letter on each of them, saying “I LIKE YOU”.

I’d like my confession to her to be memorable and to make her feel special. She constantly says she’s stupid and uninteresting and that nothing ever happens to her. I want to prove to her that, at least to me, she’s the complete opposite of all that. ;_;

Any second opinions would be really helpful and assuring. How would you react if someone did this to you? Is it romantic, or is it tacky or stupid or desperate? What do you think? Should I do it?

I advise you not do this.

It's so cheesy, the girl you fancy might not like it.

Pwned_by_whale.jpg

I would advise against it for this reason:

to make her feel special. She constantly says she’s stupid and uninteresting and that nothing ever happens to her.

She sounds high-maintenance. Needy. You want to find someone with self-esteem, not someone who's self-esteem depends upon another person's opinion.

Hello! I’d like to ask for you guys’ opinion on something. : )

You see, there’s this person I’ve had a crush on for some time. She might like me too, but I’m not sure about it, and that’s why I’ve been hesitant about whether I should tell her or not. Right now, I’m feeling quite positive that I should. And as she loves the Moz just like I do, I’m planning on blatantly misusing some of his lyrics while doing so…

Here’s the plan: I’d give her a little box of handmade chocolates. When she opens it, the first thing she’d see was a hand-written note: “No one I ever knew or have spoken to resembles you. This is good or bad, all depending on my general mood. Could it be …”. And under the note, there’d be eight chocolates, one letter on each of them, saying “I LIKE YOU”.

I’d like my confession to her to be memorable and to make her feel special. She constantly says she’s stupid and uninteresting and that nothing ever happens to her. I want to prove to her that, at least to me, she’s the complete opposite of all that. ;_;

Any second opinions would be really helpful and assuring. How would you react if someone did this to you? Is it romantic, or is it tacky or stupid or desperate? What do you think? Should I do it?

Are you sure she knows the song? Most people who claim to be fans no very little and usually nothing besides a few singles. Maybe I'm a pessimist, but oh well. As long as she's not a phony and actually knows the lyrics, I think you should go for it. It sounds like a sweet idea.

Yeah, it is a bit cheesy. But she's as much of a sentimentalist as I am, so she might even like it... I'm not sure.
Thanks for your opinion, anyway!

I would advise against it for this reason:

She sounds high-maintenance. Needy. You want to find someone with self-esteem, not someone who's self-esteem depends upon another person's opinion.
Ahh oh no, I made her sound like a wimp bathing in pools of self-pity... She isn't. When she says things like that, she says them in a very light manner, half-jokingly. But it still makes me feel bad because to me, she's fascinating.
I actually have been in a nasty relationship with a really needy person, before. And I'm pretty sure she's nothing like that person. She cares about other people's needs and feelings. I really want to at least try if anything good could become of the two of us together.
Still, thank you for your opinion! : )

Are you sure she knows the song? Most people who claim to be fans no very little and usually nothing besides a few singles. Maybe I'm a pessimist, but oh well. As long as she's not a phony and actually knows the lyrics, I think you should go for it. It sounds like a sweet idea.
Yep, I'm sure... She's even more of a fan than I am, she's read about every book ever written about him, and we've actually talked about You Are the Quarry together. : D
Thanks much! Maybe I will..!

Ahh oh no, I made her sound like a wimp bathing in pools of self-pity... She isn't. When she says things like that, she says them in a very light manner, half-jokingly. But it still makes me feel bad because to me, she's fascinating.
I actually have been in a nasty relationship with a really needy person, before. And I'm pretty sure she's nothing like that person. She cares about other people's needs and feelings. I really want to at least try if anything good could become of the two of us together.
Still, thank you for your opinion! : )

Fair enough, as long as you know what you're doing.

You haven't even gotten to first base yet? Have you considered taking her up to Inspiration Point?

I didn't even know that there were bases to run to. I thought I was supposed to just keep on swinging...

Back
Top Bottom