Confessing to my crush with help from Moz?

Hello! I’d like to ask for you guys’ opinion on something. : )

You see, there’s this person I’ve had a crush on for some time. She might like me too, but I’m not sure about it, and that’s why I’ve been hesitant about whether I should tell her or not. Right now, I’m feeling quite positive that I should. And as she loves the Moz just like I do, I’m planning on blatantly misusing some of his lyrics while doing so…

Here’s the plan: I’d give her a little box of handmade chocolates. When she opens it, the first thing she’d see was a hand-written note: “No one I ever knew or have spoken to resembles you. This is good or bad, all depending on my general mood. Could it be …”. And under the note, there’d be eight chocolates, one letter on each of them, saying “I LIKE YOU”.

I’d like my confession to her to be memorable and to make her feel special. She constantly says she’s stupid and uninteresting and that nothing ever happens to her. I want to prove to her that, at least to me, she’s the complete opposite of all that. ;_;

Any second opinions would be really helpful and assuring. How would you react if someone did this to you? Is it romantic, or is it tacky or stupid or desperate? What do you think? Should I do it?

I think it's cute and she'd find it endearing.

I can never really talk to women about morrissey. Comes off a bit homo to them I guess

You're not talking to the right women, then.

Or then again maybe you are.

Still haven't figured that one out....

I think it's sweet, personally. I don't know if it will help with her insecurity issues, but you can show her that the two of you share a "passion just like hers."

I can never really talk to women about morrissey. Comes off a bit homo to them I guess

That's really sad. When my husband & I had just met and went on our first date a few years back, our mutual love of Morrissey was a big topic of conversation.
Having said that, our tastes among Morrissey's catalog are somewhat different.

For example, he, uhh.... thinks "People Are the Same Everywhere" isn't that bad of a song. :squiffy:

Last edited:
I think it's sweet, personally. I don't know if it will help with her insecurity issues, but you can show her that the two of you share a "passion just like hers."

That's really sad. When my husband & I had just met and went on our first date a few years back, our mutual love of Morrissey was a big topic of conversation.
Granted, our tastes within Morrissey World are very different. For example, he, uhh.... loves "People Are the Same Everywhere!":squiffy:

I don't think I could be with someone who loved Morrissey.

You see, there’s this person I’ve had a crush on for some time. She might like me too, but I’m not sure about it, and that’s why I’ve been hesitant about whether I should tell her or not. Right now, I’m feeling quite positive that I should. And as she loves the Moz just like I do, I’m planning on blatantly misusing some of his lyrics while doing so…

Here’s the plan: I’d give her a little box of handmade chocolates. When she opens it, the first thing she’d see was a hand-written note: “No one I ever knew or have spoken to resembles you. This is good or bad, all depending on my general mood. Could it be …”. And under the note, there’d be eight chocolates, one letter on each of them, saying “I LIKE YOU”.

I’d like my confession to her to be memorable and to make her feel special. She constantly says she’s stupid and uninteresting and that nothing ever happens to her. I want to prove to her that, at least to me, she’s the complete opposite of all that. ;_;

Any second opinions would be really helpful and assuring. How would you react if someone did this to you? Is it romantic, or is it tacky or stupid or desperate? What do you think? Should I do it?

Awwww what a fantastic idea , specailly with the morrissey words on the chockies ! :)
Really nice thought this!
No Its not tacky nor stupid in the slightest! In fact its rather clever! :)
The easiest way 2 win a ladies heart is 2 simply give her a box of chocolates!!! never fails ! LOL :) only kidding !

But im quite sure she would be absolutly delighted and charmed at recieving such a gift ! :)

Cant think of anything better that would please her more! :)

You may of course, feel a little silly if she doesnt feel the same way about you,
But thats life! if you dont try you may never know!

Good luck ! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom