Morrissey Central "CONTROVERSIAL (I.E, TRUE) PEARL-CLUTCHING INSTAGRAM POSTING" (May 10, 2020)

C_kuli12.png

Taken from:

Regards,
FWD.

So you are OK with placing general blame on Chinese people? A blanket accusation? That’s the issue I’m having with the post. There is plenty of backlash happening in the US. Posts like this only fuel that fire. Look at the users on this site and how they refer to other cultures and races; it has become somehow OK to say racist hateful shit. I do not think it is petty for someone to have a problem with this “pun”; it’s not OK. It only perpetuates division during a time when we need humanity most. You downplaying It’s negative impact frankly reeks of white privilege. It is my opinion that you do not have the right to decide what impact this has on someone, especially to Chinese people. If Morrissey wants to have a constructive discussion on animal consumption and overall treatment, this is not the way to do it. Like I said initially, I’m disappointed in Morrissey.

Ah the skinny clone...or should I say 'clown' here again talking 'white privilege'...yet again, which you hate because you don't have it, but you want it, but you, genetically, can't have it, so you hate it.
Pathetic whinger.

So you are OK with placing general blame on Chinese people? A blanket accusation? That’s the issue I’m having with the post. There is plenty of backlash happening in the US. Posts like this only fuel that fire. Look at the users on this site and how they refer to other cultures and races; it has become somehow OK to say racist hateful shit. I do not think it is petty for someone to have a problem with this “pun”; it’s not OK. It only perpetuates division during a time when we need humanity most. You downplaying It’s negative impact frankly reeks of white privilege. It is my opinion that you do not have the right to decide what impact this has on someone, especially to Chinese people. If Morrissey wants to have a constructive discussion on animal consumption and overall treatment, this is not the way to do it. Like I said initially, I’m disappointed in Morrissey.

The blame isn't being put on the Chinese people - it's being put on the Chinese government for their failure to take action to prevent the outbreak & for covering it uo.

It's not ok to deflect from that by overreacting to a cartoon, falling for a propaganda line & enabling a repressive & very powerful regime.

True, maybe violence is not likely to result from his post, but disappointing that he has sided with bullies and hate. Can you imagine someone singing this to a Chinese kid? It's not the way to call attention or to solve any problems.

There is no evidence that these memes are doing anything other than annoying the Chinese government who have been waging a propaganda war to avoid accountability.

The blame isn't being put on the Chinese people - it's being put on the Chinese government for their failure to take action to prevent the outbreak & for covering it uo.

It's not ok to deflect from that by overreacting to a cartoon, falling for a propaganda line & enabling a repressive & very powerful regime.

No one is denying wrong doing by the Chinese government. The point is that the cartoon does not imply in any way that it is directed at a government. That is your interpretation. I respectfully ask you to think about how appropriate it is for a white individual to tell a Chinese person to not overreact to this shit being thrown in their face.

There is no evidence that these memes are doing anything other than annoying the Chinese government who have been waging a propaganda war to avoid accountability.
There's no evidence, but common sense tells me that a meme such as this one would foment hatred against Asian blooded people, because there are people around who are morons and will latch onto such an emblem to justify and fuel the drunkenness of hatred. People like the three attacks I've cited above. The last attacker is dead, by the way. He died of an apparent overdose a week after beating a woman who stood up to him for a couple of Asian women he was verbally attacking.

No one is denying wrong doing by the Chinese government. The point is that the cartoon does not imply in any way that it is directed at a government. That is your interpretation. I respectfully ask you to think about how appropriate it is for a white individual to tell a Chinese person to not overreact to this shit being thrown in their face.

A lot of people were & are denying it. That was the purpose of attacking memes (like this cartoon) that link the virus to China.

All of us should be more concerned about the shit being thrown in our face by China's propaganda.

There's no evidence, but common sense tells me that a meme such as this one would foment hatred against Asian blooded people, because there are people around who are morons and will latch onto such an emblem to justify and fuel the drunkenness of hatred. People like the three attacks I've cited above. The last attacker is dead, by the way. He died of an apparent overdose a week after beating a woman who stood up to him for a couple of Asian women he was verbally attacking.

If you have a racist idiot issue then that needs to be tackled - but the attack on memes was about stopping any mention of a link between the pandemic & China.

It's not even subtle.

Here's the Global Times (owned by the Chinese government) still pushing the racist line to avoid criticism.

& their domestic propaganda campaign that stifles all dissent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skinny don't be an idiot on purpose, the entire subspecies love the wet markets, they want them open so they can sell bat food to the rest of the subspecies. In fact they would riot if the government tried to close them.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom