Cottaging

vaca peluda

Pissed Aunt Sally
Have you ever been cottaging or dogging, or do you know somebody who has and still does?

There's a good reason for this question as it's part of my research project. :thumb:

Last edited:
Damn these gender labels! I thought I had to go into a cottage and meet someone rather large!

Have you ever been cottaging or dogging, or do you know somebody who has and still does?

There's a good reason for this question as it's part of my research project. :thumb:

No I haven't but I know one or two older guys who do.

Wasn't that George Michael's hobby at one time?:straightface:
I believe he was arrested for it!
How embarassing. Brings new meaning to the whole
'Careless Whispers' song, doesn't it....:guitar:

joe orton did this too.wrote a bit about it his diaries.(cottating)
british lgtb film get real is loosely about cottaging..but not really showing graphics as its more about the coming out story..the rating in german is its up the age of 12..while the Motion Picture Association of America its rated R
i have seen it many years ago and it will be shown on german tv next week.
review:Ben Silverstone's appealing lead performance is the main reason to see this well-intentioned but otherwise bland tale of forbidden teenage love. Steven Carter is 16, lives in leafy, stuffy Basingstoke and is gay. Although comfortable with his sexuality, he knows neither his parents nor schoolmates are ready for the news. Until, that is, he forms an unlikely relationship with John Dixon, star athlete and all-round school stud. Wary of damaging his hunky image, John insists the romance remains secret--but Steven finds this easier said than done.
google cottaging
http://www.google.de/#hl=de&&sa=X&e...ms+about+cottaging&spell=1&fp=3f7d239d2aca871
i might point you out to the gaire site which showed up with the google search ^about the disappearing and that they also mentioned a chinese film conc cottaging

ahh i remember the listing of a past lgtb filmfestival here with a film called clapham junction!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1043903/
havent seen it cant tell you about it..but according to imdb it involves cottaging
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1043903/usercomments
36 hours in the lives of a number of gay men in Clapham, South London.

here on that site there is a comment on the film which critism it . i have read that certain critism up elsewhere as well,
http://pa-in.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2222708813&topic=3130
guardian dismissed it as well
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/organgrinder/2007/jul/27/channel4sgayseasonamissed

Last edited:
...Nobody asked for it, but here's my tuppence ha'penny worth anyway.....

Back in the 70's -80's- in Liverpool ( probably even earlier...) there was a gentlemens "public convenience", built underground ( if that's not a paradox in itself...) in Victoria street ( Now, incidentally, the main "Hub" of Gay clubbing in Liverpool( along with Stanley street)...Hmmm...)
The toilet was always frequented by shadowy Men, day and Night, who just stood there...pretending to "Pee"... ( I know this, because I had occasion to use the toilets myself on a few occasions, for the ACTUAL reasons they were built...Honestly!!( Stop sniggering at the back!!!).

I think the main reason the toilets became a "Cottage"/Meeting place was because it/the toilets were outside a Pub called The Lisbon, which was about the only "Gay" friendly bar in the city centre at the time, but still used/frequented by "Gay-Bashers" or hard men looking for Victims/people to "Blackmail".....( ...Hmmmm again....).

The Council eventually Closed the toilets down, for some obscure reason, (...though possibly due to the Aids paranoia that was swamping the UK in the 80's...)and somebody actually went to the trouble of having a Wreath Made, with R.I.P on it, and placed it on the site where the Entrance used to be....

I cannot myself, ever understand why Cottaging still persists, as it is so much easier, I suppose , to just say hello to someone in a Bar nowadays, than to stand in desperate hope of a cheap and tawdry fumble in a Piss-stinking toilet...(... and then off to the nearest G.U.M. clinic for an "All clear"). But, I suppose, That sense of "Danger"/Naughtiness is still attractive to some...George Michael, for example....though why he just doesn't hire a fecking chauffer, to drive him to his "Trysts" is beyond me...

I Don't know a lot about "Dogging", but the Local park has an area which seems to be "Set aside" at night for such Goings-on....But The only Dogging I do there is walking my Likkle Millie-Mutt.....

( PS, Dunno if it is actually "Dogging", but my local pub has a "Disabled" toilet, and quite a few able-bodied lads go in there with equally able-bodied ladies quite regularly....Funnily enough, If you wer eto be actually Disabled,you would have to leave your wheelchair to stand upright to actually squeeze through the stupidly small gap ( Past the pool Table) that leads to actual access to the door anyway....another hmmmmm...

happy cottaging!!!

Watch out for the "Pretty police"!!!!

And sorry actually, for all the above "actuallys"!!!...... hmmmmm.....

Last edited:
Tags
cottage cheese
Back
Top Bottom