RAZORLIGHT
COLDPLAY
THE AUTOMATIC
THE FRATELLIS
JOY DIVISION
EDITORS
THE DOORS
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
GREEN DAY (f***in' entertainers, cashing on notions of "rebellion")
MARILYN MANSON (talentless gimp, without an idea of his own in his head ...DIE! DIE! DIE! .......PLEASE!)
FALL OUT BOY
NEW YORK DOLLS
VELVET UNDERGROUND
NIRVANA
OASIS
SUEDE
HAPPY MONDAYS
KEANE (THE SINGER'S FACE HAS NO EDGES AND WHY IS HE ALWAYS SO FLUSHED??!!!!)

etc. etc. etc...........................................................................

Good call on New York Dolls! cant understand why everyone likes them so much! Morrissey is quality but he seems to like some dodgy bands

Other than joy Division, Oasis, Nirvana, Velvet Unerground, RATM & Editors I agree with your list! I'm not a big HIM fan tho

Last edited:
Franz Ferdinand (I'm sure I spelt that wrong, but I don't care)
The Killers
The Bravery
The Arctic Monkeys
.... the list goes on. What I'm pretty much trying to say, is any of those god awful 'indie' bands who stand there waving their arms around in huge windmill motions playing a guitar (badly, more often than not) and releasing ten almost identical singles in the space of two months. Sorry if anyone loves any of the above, but it just seems to me that one of the bands I've mentioned (I have a feeling it was Franz Ferdinand, but I could be wrong) released one okish twangy guitar single and suddenly a whole stream of people rushed to copy the not too great song in an incresingly bad fashion ,until we've been left with about a hundred bands that all sound exactly the same!!! Of course, that is only my opinion.

has any one said queen yet? oh god how i hate them.

Danny said:
Queen. Crap pompous songs that are only useful as football chants and Freddie Mercury was NOT a great singer and very far from the greatest frontman of all time. He was just embarrassing with terrible dress sense. They supported apartheid as well.

Folk who aren't music fans like Queen..
..& Coldplay too!

andy_fozzy said:
Anything with Pete 'Smackhead' Doherty in.

I'd love to smack him in the head.

What? Libertines = GENIUS. Great music, you should try listen to them once in a while Andy :)

I don't know why I bought 'Siamese dream' and 'Melon Collie etc' in the first place, but it was the biggest mistake ever: I can't understand why I ever liked Smashing Pumpkins.....Maybe I'llhave to give them another try in a year or five...

the first few times i heard the kaiser chiefs singles, i liked them, so i borrowed their album... which was a bit of a waste of time as half the songs on it sounded the same! they all go "na-na-na-na-na" etc and then that "ooooohhhh.... aaarrrgghhh!" bit (you know what i mean). maybe that "scream" bit is to make it exciting or something, but when you have it in so many songs, it becomes predictable and no longer exciting.
also the first time i heard the killers singles, i loved them, but i was really disappointed by the album. it annoys me when people say it's one of the best albums of the new millenium and all that... ok so the singles are good, one of them is great actually, but the rest of the album is instantly forgettable, the second half is nowhere near as good as the first half! it's an album for people who dont know how good albums can be.

coldplay and all their imitators - keane, starsailor etc. the only thing that their music is good for is making me go to sleep.
james blunt, kt tunstall, sandi thom and all the other terrible, dreary sing-songwriters clogging up the charts at the minute

Good call on New York Dolls! cant understand why everyone likes them so much! Morrissey is quality but he seems to like some dodgy bands

Other than joy Division, Oasis, Nirvana, Velvet Unerground, RATM & Editors I agree with your list! I'm not a big HIM fan tho

eh? why don't you like me? i'm quite nice!!

Christina is a filthy skank! Whitney is a f'd-up crack whore!

forgive me, but i do, rather like a bit of - as you say - "filthy skank" and f***ed up crack whores do get me hot. i'm not so enthused by their songs, mind. however, "i wanna dance with somebody" is, undoubtedly, great! :D

Queen. Crap pompous songs that are only useful as football chants and Freddie Mercury was NOT a great singer and very far from the greatest frontman of all time. He was just embarrassing with terrible dress sense. They supported apartheid as well.

Queen played in South Africa during apartheid, but I doubt Freddie Mercury or the band ever supported Apartheid. He was gay and of Indian (Persian?) descent. He would have been a second class citizen in apartheid South Africa for both reasons. I don't think PW Botha was on his Christmas card list.

As for crap bands, I never quite got Counting Crows. (insert vomit smiley here)

the first few times i heard the kaiser chiefs singles, i liked them, so i borrowed their album... which was a bit of a waste of time as half the songs on it sounded the same! they all go "na-na-na-na-na" etc and then that "ooooohhhh.... aaarrrgghhh!" bit (you know what i mean). maybe that "scream" bit is to make it exciting or something, but when you have it in so many songs, it becomes predictable and no longer exciting.
also the first time i heard the killers singles, i loved them, but i was really disappointed by the album. it annoys me when people say it's one of the best albums of the new millenium and all that... ok so the singles are good, one of them is great actually, but the rest of the album is instantly forgettable, the second half is nowhere near as good as the first half!

That is exactly what I mean!!! I can't believe I forgot to mention Kaiser Chiefs! They just have variations on the one idea which wasn't even that great. Oh, and I forgot to mention Bon Jovi, the band that time forgot.

haha I love Pete Doherty..

And Fall out boy and Panic! at the disco.. You can complain about emo bands but remember that Morrissey is partly resonsible for starting the whole emo thing..

anyway, back on topic, the bands I hate are:-

keane, Coldplay, Orson, REM, Slipknot, oasis, Kasabian

Back
Top Bottom