Crap Bands

i dont waste time on crappy bands...oh well The Calling, 50 Cent ("Gangsta" rap in generelly) and thousands of others

sarahT said:
The Pet Shop Boys. All their songs sound the same and I don't know how they've got away with for so long. They should have released West End Girls and then split up, they would have at least been mildly interesting then.
Saying all PSB songs sound the same is just as ludicrous as saying all Morrissey or Smiths songs sound the same. You're probably just synth-ignorant and therefore cannot differentiate between songs. They all still have keys just like a guitar song, so they are different - you just can't hear it.

And the reason they've been getting away with it (eh?) is that Neil continues to top himself in producing intelligent and emotive lyrics (something Morrissey is not doing at the moment) and Chris has expanded his musical capabilities and horizons (also something Morrissey is not doing at the moment). PSB's latest album shows real development and a kind of compelling quality I've not seen in Morrissey's work for years.

some more

Fall Out Boy, The Kooks, Babyshambles, Dirty Pretty Things, The Doors (most over-rated band ever), Morcheeba, Toploader, a lot of Pink Floyd although some is well good, Sigur Ros (annoying), Stereophonics (embarrassment to my nation)

sorry to say this but Morrissey's last few albums were pretty poor but not exactly crap, plus he's not a band

dazzak said:
You're probably just synth-ignorant and therefore cannot differentiate between songs. They all still have keys just like a guitar song, so they are different - you just can't hear it.

I would say I am synth intolerant rather than synth ignorant.

artic monkeys are an awful band the lead singer has the charisma of weetabix.
they think a yorkshire accent will make up for personality.

that twat pete doherty or what ever his name is, what an idiot, i would like to see him being eaten by a very angry polar bear, a bear that knows music so he knows how to eat him to prolong his death, and it would be cool if one of the bears kids could eat kate moss as a snack while he was watchin his dad rip pete's fu@@ing legs off

fang_file said:
yeah, they should all only play stuff from 40 years ago

No one said anything about stuff being played, or should be from 40 yrs ago. Face it: 85-95% of the utter garbage on the radio and in music today in general is SHIT!!! Why do you think cd sales are consistantly down each year? Why do you think every current band sounds the same? It's not tough to call yourselves :punk/emo/post punk/etc and have little 14-16 yr old kids think you're "like cool". That's nothing I'd brag about. Selling millions of records to kids who don't know talent from a hole in their heads, sin't something to be proud of as a band. It basically means: Adults/ anyone with an IQ over 5, thinks your utter shit. That's why groups like" Yellowcard/Sum 41/Good Charlotte and the like stick around for years.

Most current labels sign these shitty bands, and then get pissed when they dont sell a gazillion records. Alot of the artists from the '80s/early '90s who sold MILLIONS of records, don't get a second look b/c of some new shitty group that's been "influenced by" or "sound like" so and so.

As we all know the "influenced by" and the "sounds like so and so" are marketing tools used by lables to get unsuspecting dumbshits to go out abnd buy this shitty music they're peddling.

Last edited:
dazzak said:
Saying all PSB songs sound the same is just as ludicrous as saying all Morrissey or Smiths songs sound the same. You're probably just synth-ignorant and therefore cannot differentiate between songs. They all still have keys just like a guitar song, so they are different - you just can't hear it.

And the reason they've been getting away with it (eh?) is that Neil continues to top himself in producing intelligent and emotive lyrics (something Morrissey is not doing at the moment) and Chris has expanded his musical capabilities and horizons (also something Morrissey is not doing at the moment). PSB's latest album shows real development and a kind of compelling quality I've not seen in Morrissey's work for years.

no offense, i like the PSB's pretty well, but they aint that great!! your saying 'Im With Stupid' is intelligent and emotive lyrics...

Razorlight are getting on my wick!

All the songs sound the same and all the credit they get from Radio 1 is over the top.

npmbysshe said:
any dance music to which i was groped at a gay bar by a yicky old troll

any dance music to which i threw out a yicky old troll at a gay bar while employed as a bouncer

auntie maddy - could a rabbi please poison her kaballa water?

rap that doesn't have relevant social commentary - that's how it started out, that's why it kept going. the songs with that have lasted have got that socio-economic insight. hip-hop is the culture, not the music.

those emo groups signed to 'indie' labels that could settle a third world nation's debt.......

the beatles

the flaming lips

JesusChrist......there is so much crap out there these days I focus aII my HATE on EMO bands but aII the hip-hop out there is materiaIistic or just pIain ridicuIous and YES aII the music that is Iistened to by GAYS is f'n SHIT! from Dance to Show-Tunes aII SHIT...I just hate the Gay scene and it's stupid music.....I've Iost many friends to this party scene....it's so frustating!

Last edited:
Artic Monkeys have no charisma no. And aren't really gifted in the vocal department. But Panic! in the Disco is even worse.

Gnarls Barkley, god that song irritates me....

pretty much anythng thats in the top 40, quite honestly you'd be pushed to find one good record in there!

thaxter tewksbury said:
Have to agree Piazza anything on top 40 radio is made to be forgotten and disposable.

disposable is a perfect description......

Did anyone already mention Rammstein and Placebo?

(oh, and starsailor too!)

what a boring bunch of gits you lot really are. its any wonder you have an actual music collection, what with you hating everything!!

Poco Innocente said:
what a boring bunch of gits you lot really are. its any wonder you have an actual music collection, what with you hating everything!!

Nobody said that they hate EVERYTHING.

You are looking at the whole picture, rather than the INDIVIDUALS
dislikes.....

But yes, I am a truely boring git :)

yes yes! i suppose :p maybe I was just disappointed to see all the bands i like mentioned! PSB NOT being one of them :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom