Daily Post: "'I'm knackered' says former The Smiths member who's put his Bangor coffee shop up for sale" (April 21, 2021)

1_JS158439795.jpg

'I'm knackered' says former The Smiths member who's put his Bangor coffee shop up for sale - North Wales Live / Daily Post by Owen Hughes.

Excerpt:

He said: “It’s been difficult, due to Covid hospital appointments have not been available. I’m knackered all the time, I’m diabetic and have arthritis and barely make it up the stairs at times.

“It’s a hard decision to arrive at but we need to retire and sell or potentially in the right circumstances get a tenant in. We will carry on though until that happens and this is a great opportunity for someone.”

A brief article about Dale's health and having to sell up under the shadow of covid.
"Domu Kafe" was the name of Dale's YT channel that previously shared the various unheard Smiths' tracks.

Wishing him better health.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

I know how hard it is to run a small business right now. Sorry to hear about his health and circumstances. Hope it all works out

View attachment 71672

'I'm knackered' says former The Smiths member who's put his Bangor coffee shop up for sale - North Wales Live / Daily Post by Owen Hughes.

Excerpt:

He said: “It’s been difficult, due to Covid hospital appointments have not been available. I’m knackered all the time, I’m diabetic and have arthritis and barely make it up the stairs at times.

“It’s a hard decision to arrive at but we need to retire and sell or potentially in the right circumstances get a tenant in. We will carry on though until that happens and this is a great opportunity for someone.”

A brief article about Dale's health and having to sell up under the shadow of covid.
"Domu Kafe" was the name of Dale's YT channel that previously shared the various unheard Smiths' tracks.

Wishing him better health.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:
I'll be sad to see this go, nice little spot in Bangor with or without the Smiths connection.

sad that so many small businesses and pubs and clubs will close through no fault of their own.

It's not sad, it is the result of criminal politics.
dont talk mince on a friday night,if it was the result of criminal politics then that makes it even sadder.

About Dale's book 'Boy, Interrupted'.

I have felt alone all my life." Dale Hibbert’s story reads like a song by The Smiths, which might not be a coincidence.

His mother died when he was eight days old. He was a latch-key kid. He has married four times and has eight children. He has ‘died’ twice. He is a depressive. He has been penniless. But he has also been a musician, producer, sound engineer, a millionaire and the owner of night clubs, cafés and successful businesses. He has lived in a car, and a mansion.

Hibbert was a member of The Smiths during their early days and privy to the dreams and outlandish ideas of young Morrissey and Marr. As the bass player and engineer at their first recording sessions, he helped shape their sound. With Morrissey’s arms around his waist, they rode the streets of Manchester.

Hibbert gives a compelling insight into the rain-swept, working class life that fuelled the creativity of The Smiths. He was also a witness to the Manchester music scene of the late-1970s and early-1980s that spawned, among others, Joy Division, Buzzcocks and The Fall.

All those people, all those lives, as Morrissey once said.

About Dale's book 'Boy, Interrupted'.

I have felt alone all my life." Dale Hibbert’s story reads like a song by The Smiths, which might not be a coincidence.

His mother died when he was eight days old. He was a latch-key kid. He has married four times and has eight children. He has ‘died’ twice. He is a depressive. He has been penniless. But he has also been a musician, producer, sound engineer, a millionaire and the owner of night clubs, cafés and successful businesses. He has lived in a car, and a mansion.

Hibbert was a member of The Smiths during their early days and privy to the dreams and outlandish ideas of young Morrissey and Marr. As the bass player and engineer at their first recording sessions, he helped shape their sound. With Morrissey’s arms around his waist, they rode the streets of Manchester.

Hibbert gives a compelling insight into the rain-swept, working class life that fuelled the creativity of The Smiths. He was also a witness to the Manchester music scene of the late-1970s and early-1980s that spawned, among others, Joy Division, Buzzcocks and The Fall.

All those people, all those lives, as Morrissey once said.

That is a really good book, lots of great insights into early Morrissey and Marr. He's very observant and analytical.

So edgy. Also, your grammar and spelling are pretty typical of a Covidiot. Well done.
I bet you wear a mask to match your outfit. Who needs science when you're accessorising.
One other reason to admire Morrissey, he's not an MSM casedemic casualty.

Has the uk put out any financial assistance for businesses. Part of my family own 2 small ice cream stores in 2 cities and both were able to access money not only from our federal government but also the state and city both have grants etc

🧐
these two are available to run it:handpointdown:

9f2a8815682ffd56ec9a301bb0fc413f--johnny-marr-rock-stars.jpg

with :mask: they wont scare the customers away:hammer:

How long ago did he sell his business in Todmorden and move to Bangor?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom