"Darling I Hug A Pillow" is one of his best songs ever

Vegan

Everything about this track is great. The vocal, the horns, the harmonies, the arrangement. Reminds me of Joan Armatrading at times. Definitely Top 5 Morrissey songs.

Sorry, hard disagree. The horns are just awful and the performance seems phoned in. To each their own, I guess! ;)

I don't know why, but currently it's my least favourite on the album along with Knockabout World. It's a nice song, but compared to the rest of the album it's a bit bland.
The "horns" are trumpets btw.

Funny I feel the same about knockabout world. I love it but it’s very slight in its appeal which is probably why it’s in the middle of the album. I usually skip it in order to get to singing Darling

Las trompetas muy mariachis arruinan el tema es el que menos me gusta de Ianadoac!!! No trompets mariachis nooo!!!????

Thought this song was a jumbled mess the first 10 or so listens. It's now emerging as something rather splendid, especially the final section - a swirling, windswept feast of unrequited melancholia.

I guess he's never going to stop falling for straight boys. Or is he still not over Johnny?

I guess he's never going to stop falling for straight boys. Or is he still not over Johnny?

I thought he was always getting crushes on actors? That's the ultimate parasocial relationship. The silver screen.

Glad to see some love for this track -- I rated it highly in the track ranking thread.

It's a bonkers mini-masterpiece in its own right.

Glad to see some love for this track -- I rated it highly in the track ranking thread.

It's a bonkers mini-masterpiece in its own right.
Agree...maybe not the best on the album but a song that creeps up on me when least expected!! Recently whilst humming along I thought ...what is that earworn of song and then the penny drops its Darling'...sign of a great great song

Back
Top Bottom