David Cameron is PM

I'm reserving judgement until I see the details of the deal.

The markets prefer Ken Clarke as chancellor so I'm annoyed he wasn't made that, with Cable as vice, but I suspect both will get key positions in the treasury of some description. The influence Osborne will have himself could well be negligible. I'm just happy something has been agreed upon before the markets started really slumping.

The tax break on inheritance tax for the rich has been scrapped as part of the deal apparently, so this is of course, good news.

The actions taken to reduce the deficit will be interesting as I suspect the coalition with struggle to cope with the contrasting opinions from either side. One solution in scrapping Trident probably won't happen since Fox looks set to be defence secretary and Cameron said he won't be budged on defence policy. All I know is I am extremely worried about the deficit and have been for years and it needs sorting asap. The markets reflect this too. Unfortunately, whoever the PM/ party in charge was, cuts in public spending simply had to happen. It's unavoidable, unless you want to slip closer to a Greece situation.

New Labour has been in general woeful for this country in my opinion and the party is rotten to the core. It needs a complete shake up.

This country has f***ing short memories, what is perceived to be the worst government in an age, and still Cameron couldn't get a working majority. I bet everyone that voted Lib Dem feels a twat.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Last edited:
New Labour has been in general woeful for this country in my opinion and the party is rotten to the core. It needs a complete shake up.

This where ardent Labourites are falling down in their arguments.

Labour getting voted out is good for them because it gives them a period of time to get rid of all the deadwood, get some fresh faces in & come back stronger.

I say 'period of time' because I can't see it being five years til the next election.

By the way:

:thumb:

to you Shaw.

First post on this thread (by anyone, me included) that recognises that democracy should apply at all times & not just when the people that you want to win are winning.

This country has f***ing short memories, what is perceived to be the worst government in an age, and still Cameron couldn't get a working majority. I bet everyone that voted Lib Dem feels a twat.

"Look at the new boss, same as the old boss."

I voted Lib Dem in a marginal seat, a swing of 3% or more to Labour would have given them the seat.

So I'm quite proud of myself.

And you're right, this country has short memories when it suits them & long memories when it suits them.

I voted Lib Dem in a marginal seat, a swing of 3% or more to Labour would have given them the seat.

So I'm quite proud of myself.

And you're right, this country has short memories when it suits them & long memories when it suits them.

But did you honestly think the Lib Dems would end up in bed with the Tories and be honest now.

Well the conservatives love the North so I'm sure you'll be very happy!:thumb:

True. I remember when the Tories spent several billion pounds on a new rail terminus to replace one only a few years old in order to shave 15 minutes on a rail journey into the capital. And there was a cross city rail link again costing many billions & benefitting only the capital.

Oh wait, no Labour were behind both of those.

Labour were also behind trying to hold Manchester to ransom with regards to a congestion charge in exchange for public transport funding. The people of Manchester voted & said 'no' & all of a sudden the money was there after all.

Also in Manchester, a multi million pound project in to build a new supermarket & re-build one of the North's most famous sporting venues. Providing thousands of jobs in construction during & retail/service after. Labour opposed the planning permission.

Dreadful, dreadful day.

I predict another general election within a year at most.

And to those who say "move on"? You're having a larf aren't you. Those of us who grew up in mining communities will never forgive or forget.

Dreadful, dreadful day.

I predict another general election within a year at most.

And to those who say "move on"? You're having a larf aren't you. Those of us who grew up in mining communities will never forgive or forget.

You're wrong there, the trick you see is to bring yourself forward through that tiny pinhole of a time warp into what is actually happening now

You're wrong there, the trick you see is to bring yourself forward through that tiny pinhole of a time warp into what is actually happening now

Being told to live in the now by someone with a Michael f***ing Stipe avatar, brilliant.

Being told to live in the now by someone with a Michael f***ing Stipe avatar, brilliant.

If you have to be so trivial you're not worth answering to

You're still not worth answering to but I just had to say

Feck You Bigmouth

Back
Top Bottom