David Cameron is PM

Hahahaha! You must be an absolute fecking mong! You gave me a right laugh, ta for that! :lbf:

And what I typed I typed :laughing:

Being told to live in the now by someone with a Michael f***ing Stipe avatar, brilliant.

I thought it was Joe Perry.

So, The Blue Tie is now PM? That was fast.

The Dawning Of A New Era.

I haven't been this excited since Tony Bliar got in as PM.

I'm interested about the 5 year fixed term Parliament proposal but nothing is going to change.

The media are trying to hoodwink us all into believing the Progressive Coalition (!?!) is revolutionary and a new sort of politics. Well compared to 13 years of New Labour its a change but its grey men in grey suits still completely out of touch with the electorate. WHO WANTED THIS OUTCOME? Noone. Marvellous

The last time we had a coalition government was in the Second World War. So maybe we should invade Iran. Or at least Greece anyway. Or possibly declare war on Spin over Gibraltar. Oh hang on we're still fighting the war against terror. HUrrah for GREAT Britain

have read you havent had a coaliton for a long time?well-it seems a good thing at least that clegg is the prime minister, maybe he could do his part of counterbalancing the conserative descions/views of cameron?

have read you havent had a coaliton for a long time?well-it seems a good thing at least that clegg is the prime minister, maybe he could do his part of counterbalancing the conserative descions/views of cameron?

Clegg isn't Pm,only deputy Pm.

since there seemed to be no need to have a deputy pm at all for al long time, I wonder what real power clegg does have in this liason. Coalition government is the standard for germany, here its important that the `smaller` partner in the coalition has a very powerful post, usually foreign secretary plus deputy pm. I wonder why clegg did ot opt for a non-brown labour. (Trident! aargh!) Btw. hats off to gordons resignation speech!

since there seemed to be no need to have a deputy pm at all for al long time, I wonder what real power clegg does have in this liason. Coalition government is the standard for germany, here its important that the `smaller` partner in the coalition has a very powerful post, usually foreign secretary plus deputy pm. I wonder why clegg did ot opt for a non-brown labour. (Trident! aargh!) Btw. hats off to gordons resignation speech!

The problems with a Labour/Lib Dem deal was that even if those did did 'merge', they still wouldn't have had a large enough amount of seats in order to get a majority. They would have needed to side with some of the smaller parties too. The logistics of it was a nightmare and due to the economic situation, something needed to be done swiftly.

I am really miffed re. Trident. There seemed to be some myth that the Lib Dems were going to scrap our nuclear deterrent full stop. That was never the case, they just didn't want to spend some £100bn on renewing it. Scrapping it would have cut the deficit with one nice swoop but no, the deal includes Trident sticking around. It also means we won't share our duties with France either. I really don't see the problem in sharing the duties of patrolling the oceans with France. We wouldn't need to constantly have a 24hr submarine buzzing around at huge cost and neither would France. Another easy cost-cutting measure that won't be done.

. hats off to gordons resignation speech!

Yeh - if he had made more speeches like that - from the heart - during the election, or if more of those types of speeches by him were broadcast, i think he'd have won a labour majority. Sad to see him go, even worse to watch the Tories get in.:(

since there seemed to be no need to have a deputy pm at all for al long time, I wonder what real power clegg does have in this liason.

There have been deputy PMs since the 40s including,more recently,Michael Heseltine,John Prescott and Peter Mandelson.

David Cameron has a message for the people.

3.jpg

Dreadful, dreadful day.

I predict another general election within a year at most.

And to those who say "move on"? You're having a larf aren't you. Those of us who grew up in mining communities will never forgive or forget.

I grew up in a mining community, my Dad was a miner in a mining community & we're both quite happy that New Labour got stuffed. A Tory Government is not the by-product we would have selected but we're also intelligent enough to realise that Thatcher was over 20 years ago & we also saw how much Labour had to move to the right to get collected. So we're also intelligent enough to know that it's possible for an organisation to change in many ways over a long enough time period.

So myself, my Dad, my Mum (hates the Unions, voted Tory since the strike [not everyone blames Thatcher, many blame Scargill]) & my siblings who all grew up in a mining community would appreciate you not telling us what we think.

There probably will be another election within the year though.

Agree. well said.

Well it doesn't bode well does it? I've already read that the Government are now planning to scrap the ID card scheme & they've got the front to make an actual economist the Business Secretary.

BASTARDS!

PS Harriet Harman is now the Leader of the Labour party. Which tells you all you need to know about why, for the good of themselves more than anyone else, Labour HAD to go.

Back
Top Bottom