David Quantick discusses Morrissey

Very interesting; nothing new as such but it does give some insight into the long history of the vitriol for Morrissey in the music press—apparently longer than anything in print in the case of some of the protagonists.

“We should’ve seen it coming” is at least some concession to the fact that the Morrissey people hate now is the same one they loved in The Smiths. Any level of debate needs to begin with this—but it’s too awkward and uncomfortable for many to engage with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting; nothing new as such but it does give some insight into the long history of the vitriol for Morrissey in the music press—and apparently longer in the case of some of the protagonists.

“We should’ve seen it coming” is at least some concession to the fact that the Morrissey people hate now is the same one they loved in The Smiths. Any level of debate needs to begin with this—but it’s too awkward and uncomfortable for many to engage with.
Just forced myself to listen to it, but ugh - the level of smugness on show is pretty hard to deal with.

He wanted his autobiography to be called a penguin classic?

I didn't see the time stamp & started at the beginning by accident. They weren't kind to anyone they talked about. Didn't like Paul Weller overall and called Mick Talbot a dog and other ugly names. I will use the info as a sign that those two, especially Mick, are decent people.

Back
Top Bottom