David thrown out of Copenhagen show! Question?

Should youtube be taken down also? It seems most official recordings can be found and played right on the site. On this site links are posted, the files of official recordings are not actually on the site. Under the DMCA the links can be taken down by request as it makes the downloads easy. As I've mentioned before, I comply with any valid requests from the copyright holders but they really should go after the sites that host the downloads. Since all those official recordings remain on YouTube it seems whoever is responsible for the copyright doesn't seem to mind or care.

That's true. Even without torrents and downloads on sites such as this one, it is extremely easy to find a track on Youtube and have it on your iPod within a matter of minutes. Like you said, there doesn't seem to be much change with regards to what is available on there, so I don't think copyright is the overriding issue here.

I think links to official material shouldn't really be on a fan-site. If a fan feels they're being cheated (as is always the case with Morrissey/Smiths compilations) and they're after the one bonus track or whatever incentive there is to buy the new comp, then they can find said albums elsewhere. I don't think any artist would really be happy with a fan-site making it easier for people to find this stuff.
Artists can arrange to have stuff removed from the hosting sites (the Rapidshares etc) but they will always be back there within a few days.

This is so hilarious. I just love Morrissey more and more. Your shitty troll site is getting exactly what it deserves FINALLY.

Should youtube be taken down also? It seems most official recordings can be found and played right on the site. On this site links are posted, the files of official recordings are not actually on the site. Under the DMCA the links can be taken down by request as it makes the downloads easy. As I've mentioned before, I comply with any valid requests from the copyright holders but they really should go after the sites that host the downloads. Since all those official recordings remain on YouTube it seems whoever is responsible for the copyright doesn't seem to mind or care.

Just because another more popular website has allowed it, doesn't mean it's right. Stop deflecting.
I too don't agree with all the links to downloads of material that's still available to buy, that's a bit ridiculous

This is so hilarious. I just love Morrissey more and more. Your shitty troll site is getting exactly what it deserves FINALLY.

That's a bit rich coming from someone with 13,000 posts :laughing:

Last edited:
Do you feel downloads to material that is not available to buy should be allowed?

I'm on the fence about that...bootlegs should be allowed....but it would be hypocritical of me to say that material that was once available, but not anymore should be allowed for the same copyright reasons...That being said things like The Smiths Demos and Instrumentals are greatly appreciated...

Things the artist are still able to make a profit from shouldn't be allowed in my opinion, it just comes off as a bit insulting.

I'm on the fence about that...bootlegs should be allowed....but it would be hypocritical of me to say that material that was once available, but not anymore should be allowed for the same copyright reasons...That being said things like The Smiths Demos and Instrumentals are greatly appreciated...

Things the artist are still able to make a profit from shouldn't be allowed in my opinion, it just comes off as a bit insulting.

I see what you are saying and agree to a point. It's where you draw the line and different people draw them differently. Once you start saying what is right or wrong in a way you begin representing the copyright holder, something you or I really shouldn't be doing. How do you know that the copyright holder actually wants that specific item and not some other item removed? You can make educated guesses about what the artist thinks is right or wrong, but that can be futile. On that 'more popular site' YouTube there is probably not one song you can't find and some have been up there for years.

This site and other user-generated sites such as YouTube operate under the DMCA as a medium. We are not the ones that police the copyright violations, the copyright holders do and we respond to their requests assuming they are valid. There is a very simple, standard form the copyright holder or a representative fills out and submits if they want the violating item removed. You may not agree with this policy but that's the standard and not meant to be insulting to anyone.

Last edited:
Morrissey or the promoter may not give me a refund but luckily consumers have some protection with credit cards. I've just filed the dispute on the advice of a friend, the credit card company said it looks like a case of 'services not rendered' and will proceed with the dispute.

Unfortunately, you can't get the airfare and lodging expenses refunded as well. It's stupid, if Morrissey is going to have people banned from shows he needs to make a list and post it publicly, that way people don't waste more money on him.

I, for one, if I even continue to follow his now mediocre career (out of morbid curiosity) will do so via illegal downloads.

On that 'more popular site' YouTube there is probably not one song you can't find and some have been up there for years..

Apart from anything by Prince. And I doubt this forces the more casual fan to itunes or Amazon .. it probably drives them to find a download elsewhere, because if they were true fans they'd have his albums in the first place.
Nothing's going to stop the fact that probably about 90% of all music obtained nowadays is done illegally, and that the true music fans who like to actually buy music are in a large minority.
And it's that minority which is constantly ripped off, with a constant barrage of remasters, re-issues, Deluxe editions and so on. There is no such thing as a "Definitive" edition .. we're forced to buy again and again.

I think I missed something pretty big - when did you turn against Solo, Dave?

Bwahahahaha!!!!:lbf:This is great news!!!!:lbf::lbf::lbf:And lets get the facts straight-David Tseng isnt a Morrissey fan,he is a manipulative hater and a hypocrite,just read his defense of anonymous posting-I come from communistic country and im used to lying propaganda but what ive seen here is even worse than stalinist propaganda.Hatred and lies-this is all this site is.

Bwahahahaha!!!!:lbf:This is great news!!!!:lbf::lbf::lbf:And lets get the facts straight-David Tseng isnt a Morrissey fan,he is a manipulative hater and a hypocrite,just read his defense of anonymous posting-I come from communistic country and im used to lying propaganda but what ive seen here is even worse than stalinist propaganda.Hatred and lies-this is all this site is.

Huh?? Isn't the whole point about the 'communistic countries' that they enforce censorship.. but Morrissey-Solo allows free speech :crazy:

Huh?? Isn't the whole point about the 'communistic countries' that they enforced censorship.. but Morrissey-Solo allows free speech :crazy:
Dont be stupid.No they didnt enforce censorship,it was all pretended and fake free speech just like here.

The pigsty rule

Huh?? Isn't the whole point about the 'communistic countries' that they enforce censorship.. but Morrissey-Solo allows free speech.

Dont be stupid.No they didnt enforce censorship,it was all pretended and fake free speech just like here.

Sadly JoanOfArc still does not understand a simple forum rule.

In December 2008 a sub-forum, the pigsty had been added to off-topic where is designed to have flamebait / mud slinging match without destructing legitimate discussions in other forums.
Because of this rule all the users are asked not to insult other users outside the pigsty.

JoanOfArc thinks this rule is a form of censorship which is incorrect.

People who have very little vocabulary seem to have difficulty expressing their feelings / opinion in civilised manner.
They often start repeating the same old swear words which is very sad indeed.

Last edited:
Re: The pigsty rule

People who have very little vocabulary seem to have difficulty expressing their feelings / opinion in civilised manner.
They often start repeating the same old swear words which is very sad indeed.

Not trying to be mean and ducking the spit in return, you have given us all a good laugh there.

Oh Terrancestamp dear boy, David T has far too much Ego invested in this site to ever shut it down.

I'm getting sick of all this Davidt bashing. Ego has nothing to do with it. In fact, it's a very selfless job. This site exists to serve a purpose. As long as Morrissey continues to have an active career (no matter how pathetic it gets), this site will have merit. If people think David keeps this site up and running because he enjoys being rejected from concerts and being belittled daily while making no profit whatsoever, then they really have serious logic problems. Get over it.

Tags
tseng down
Back
Top Bottom