David thrown out of Copenhagen show! Question?

Well well it all seems to be kicking off here these days, it's sad to see really that Morrissey and a lot of the members on here have become embroiled in a affair such as this, as a master of lyrics, and a wit surely shouldn't Morrissey at least write a fascinating song about this whole turn of events, so we can see it from him side? Instead of the childish shirts?

David may I ask too, how did they (Morrissey/security) know of your presence? Someone must have tipped them off which is a.) Pathetic that they ejected you and b.) Very bad practise on Morrissey's behalf, he's a 52 year old bloke and he's getting a paying fan thrown out of his gig for no reason, to be fair though I feel ambivalent about this all, after all this is the internet and you shouldn't expect it to be all wine and roses, about 98% of the people on here wouldn't talk to each other in real life like they do on here or slag Morrissey off for that matter, I like to take each bit of eveything with a grain of salt and not get too emotionally involved, what's the point?

What happened to David shouldn't happen to anyone especially when you think of all the good things he's done and how up to date he's kept the site plus the fact he flew all the way to Copenhagen to see him and not offer a refund (that's just plain nasty). I know this site has had it's dark moments but more good than bad has come from this site, Morrissey doesn't like this site because he cannot censor it like he can on T-T-Y, I understand why Morrissey may feel hurt by certain comments on this site by annoymous posters and trolls and I believe the moderation should be tighter not just to stop critisism towards Morrissey but so everyone can get on and act like adults, sure there's nothing wrong with a good debate and constructive critism, in fact I much prefer it to the fawning droves who praise every decision he makes. That fact is Morrissey's 3 new songs have been painfully average compared to what he's capable of and people know this, this is what he doesn't like.

So people have questioned aspects of why this must be starting with the band and gone on to create threads saying they don't think his current band are that good, and that he should maybe rethink his musical direction and that he should pull up his socks and get a label, instead of expecting to be handed one on a silk pillow.

These next few months will be interesting, I wonder what next bit of gossip, (sorry I mean news!) will be tossed to us?

Please Morrissey just get a record deal, stop being a diva and realease some amazing songs and people would be a lot happier.

I just read it now - however there are far greater threats at a show than David...

How many times has Morrissey played the Diva role and tried to make excuses for it? No excuse to throw David out. Right now I am very glad that someone gave me a copy of the last album and I was unable to go to the show in 2009. While I will give a listen to whatever comes in the next few years, he does not need my money.

Im not defending or critising morrissey either way, as it's still unclear wether morrissey actually had any input in David being thrown out.

Im not defending or critising morrissey either way, as it's still unclear wether morrissey actually had any input in David being thrown out.

This is not a court...

I lean towards his having some type of input on the decision based upon years of referring to this site as "so-low" as well as the "f*** Morrissey-Solo" shirts. His disdain for the site is clear. At this point if he were to release an apologetic note to the effect of having no knowledge of the affair I would not be able to believe it. He no longer does the whole damage control thing very well. There are too many instances of misquotes, misunderstandings, misinterpretations that leaves too much doubt in my mind that he is the saint he would wish people to believe.

As far as what people say on the internet and what they say in real life? Part of my job description is telling people things they do not necessarily want to hear. Telling Morrissey he acts like a spoiled brat and a little child would be quite easy to do in a face to face conversations. Also, I can see you have been around since 2007. If you know me or remember me I would probably tell him while eating a nice grilled chicken sandwich and offer him a bite.

another fact is morrissey doesnt have the same everyday worries and stress that a lot of his audience will have so harps on about the stuff that seems insignificant to the fans he is detaching (the guy 3 rows back with the baby in the hospital, the woman at the front whos son cant get a job, the man on the balcony whos behind with his mortgage and whos marriage is on the ropes) in our jobs and everyday lives we all face critisim and ridicule, morrissey was once the ex un employable resident of northern england we could all relate to, now he just seems to have become a petty old baby who hasnt grown up with the rest of us round are way

Re: David deserved to be ejected by Morrissey.

This site has gone to shit over the past few years and it keep getting worse and worse. Its at its all time low. The members here are full of stupid jokes and sarcasm and on many occasions, they just talked shit about Morrissey. This is a Morrissey fan site, well its not. Its a lie. Many members have been kicked out but I still continue to see the same people on here post shit and just making fun of Morrissey. Calling Boz, fat, saying he needs a new band. Hating on his new songs.

Morrissey has said many times that he hates this site and doesn't like it. David should have gotten the message. Make sure everything stays under control here and get rid of the trolls. But no.

It continued and continued.

Morrissey released three new songs and all that is here is bad reviews. Seriously, guys? David? Are you there? No.

Its obvious people on here and rude and arrogant.

I've had several Solow members try to add me on facebook. When I asked why, they just threw insults at me a f*****. Out of every insult, I get called the F word. f*****.

Just goes to show how f***ing stupid you all are.

There's some members here with over, 10,000 posts. And they're the ones that tell me to get off the computer?

all this could have been prevented if David would of done something about it. He didn't. He allowed every bit of hate on this forum.

Yes, we get updates here and news and we get to ask questions but there's more than that.

Maybe if David would of done things properly, Morrissey solo would be above true-to-you.net

We respect Morrissey and love him and what he did to David was right. David deserved it.

f*** Morrissey-Solo -Morrissey & the band

I think Morrissey has spoken the truth.

And now you trolls will make my statement stronger with all the stupid replies i'll get from people with ten thousand posts

What a massive pile of bollocks.

If you're happy with idolising a c***, then you go for it. But he's out of order and we should all be boycotting him after this.

What a massive pile of bollocks.

If you're happy with idolising a c***, then you go for it. But he's out of order and we should all be boycotting him after this.

I am truly starting to agree. But what difference would a boycott make? The new songs are so awful, no one will buy his new album anyway.

I have seen Morrissey 8 times over the years, and own all his albums (shop bought) many singles, dvds, tshirts, etc, I check this site every day.

I know it's not much, before some smart arse comments sarcastically that Morrissey won't care,

But I'm not going to see another Morrissey show while Morrissey won't let davidt in. Totally disgraceful behaviour. Just leaves me feeling sick to think of Morrissey doing this to a fan.

Re: MORRISSEY vs. David "SOLOW" Tseng - I CHOOSE MORRISSEY!

If this site shuts down, everyone here goes to AYNIM and that site becomes like this one.

I just registered - Kewpie runs that site correct?

Re: MORRISSEY vs. David "SOLOW" Tseng - I CHOOSE MORRISSEY!

Don't post here much. I only come here for updates, setlists and so on.

I find it crazy that some people are justifying Morrissey's actions. What's happened is abominable, petty and authoritarian. I always saw Morrissey as someone who supported the victim. Not surprising, considering how much he makes himself out to be a victim. But this act is like something a bully or a dictator would do. It's so brutish.

Would it maybe not have been a wiser decision for his managment to contact the administrators of this website and air their grievances?

The person/people who the run this site, obviously love Morrissey's music. Hence why they dedicate their time to this site and also why they were at his bloody gig. I can't imagine how tainted David's opinion and feelings towards Morrissey must be now. It must be horrible to have so much of your life and your affection for someone, completely shattered and thrown all over the palce. I'd be completely distraught.

If he can't "waste time anymore", why do something as trivial, nasty and petty as this?

This site has gone to shit over the past few years and it keep getting worse and worse. Its at its all time low. The members here are full of stupid jokes and sarcasm and on many occasions, they just talked shit about Morrissey. This is a Morrissey fan site, well its not. Its a lie. Many members have been kicked out but I still continue to see the same people on here post shit and just making fun of Morrissey. Calling Boz, fat, saying he needs a new band. Hating on his new songs.
Oh hai!

Morrissey has said many times that he hates this site and doesn't like it. David should have gotten the message. Make sure everything stays under control here and get rid of the trolls. But no.
Ask yourself what he hates about the site? Morrissey has never taken any type of criticism with any degree of respect. He portray himself as a misunderstood genius. In certain cases he is right (Southpaw Grammar) and in certain cases he is wrong. (Musical critique, song selection) I myself am VERY critical of his live shows and have always stated so in regards that if he is playing three nights in a row in NYC all three nights have the same setlist. (I still say mix it up considering that his fans are most likely going to all three days and would like a wide range of material since he has such an extensive back catalog.

It continued and continued.

Morrissey released three new songs and all that is here is bad reviews. Seriously, guys? David? Are you there? No.
There are some good reviews and there are some bad reviews. Not every song is going to be embraced as a classic signature anthem. Hell, I love Phish. A lot of people jokingly refer to the song "Time Turns Elastic" as "Time to Go to the Bathroom" for good reason. Phantasytour.com loves them some Morrissey by the way.

Its obvious people on here and rude and arrogant.
Everyone, or just those that disagree with you?

I've had several Solow members try to add me on facebook. When I asked why, they just threw insults at me a f*****. Out of every insult, I get called the F word. f*****.
IF I had a facebook, I would be VERY selective as to who I would add and keep. Those that are adding you are probably looking to see what they can learn about you to use against you. It is pretty obvious to me that is what they are trying to do. It should be obvious to you as well. As soon as they say something that upsets you- report and block.

Just goes to show how f***ing stupid you all are.
Actually, I pride myself on being a pretty fun loving, above average in the smarts department type of guy.

There's some members here with over, 10,000 posts. And they're the ones that tell me to get off the computer?
If you are constantly whining about how much you dislike the place and how unhappy you are then you should leave. I would not return to a restaurant that continually served from a menu I disagreed with, I would not rewatch a movie I did not like, I would not continually play a game that I hated to play nor read a newspaper with editorial slants I always disagreed with. If you are looking for a shrine site then set up the candles in your closet, pray to Jobu (Major League reference for those that did not get it) and bow down. That is not what this site seems to be designed for. There are topics in other areas regarding other music, there are areas where people can discuss a tour and off topic is possibly (at least to me) one of the most interesting places around the internet. This site is not a suck up site. It is a place where fans of the Smiths and Morrissey can meet up to "shoot the shit" as it were.

all this could have been prevented if David would of done something about it. He didn't. He allowed every bit of hate on this forum.
See above.

Yes, we get updates here and news and we get to ask questions but there's more than that.
As it should be

Maybe if David would of done things properly, Morrissey solo would be above true-to-you.net
If you disagree then perhaps you should do it yourself and make one of your own that you can stand by and be proud of. I think that David has done a fine job in that he has something for the masses. There is a reason that this is the number one site despite everyone running off and supposedly doing it better. There is enough of an attraction here that keeps many people interested in returning and participating.

We respect Morrissey and love him and what he did to David was right. David deserved it.
I disagree and please do not use a blanket statement of "we". Who is 'We"? Where are they? I would love to engage in conversation with "them."

f*** Morrissey-Solo -Morrissey & the band
Shame really -since they owe their continued livelihood and moderate financial success (let's be realistic, Morrissey is not making Jay-Z money) to this site - I consider it biting the hand that feeds you. This site causes controversy and controversy usually translates into cash. Post 1998 there was no record deal, Maladjusted did not perform well enough that companies were interested and this site is the only thing that demonstrated that there was genuine fan interest in an aging indie rock star. It supported the rebirth career when no one else except for this site was generating much buzz.

I think Morrissey has spoken the truth.
Very sad but hey- that is your viewpoint.

And now you trolls will make my statement stronger with all the stupid replies i'll get from people with ten thousand posts
Is every reply that disagrees with you stupid? Just wondering. If so then that in itself is a trolling post.

Toodles...

This thread needs a some Macho Man
tumblr_lezlqjP04s1qfhcapo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

How is a dead gay wrestler going to help anything?

Actually he wasn't gay, he actually married a couple of times.
2nd... It breaks the flow a bit to give pause.
3rd... Macho Man on the view shows how everyone from all walks of life has a view and can express themselves.

Hope this helps.

Carry on

3rd... Macho Man on the view shows how everyone from all walks of life has a view and can express themselves.

Hope this helps.

Carry on

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

My days of following Morrissey on tour are over. As I actually have a life and having done 20 years of following him I realise I am no longer a 16 year old enthralled to a man with style, wit and panache. Was at Plymouth and though enjoyable and close-up etc etc I thought it was generally a pop star by numbers performance as one could see from any vintage pop star who has attained iconic status. I'll go the odd date if he does decide to tour again but the same setlist, the same banter (Jamie Oliver is a twat, I get it! In fact I got it when he appeared on TV saying Pukka) and the same audience of dispossessedbald blokes with beer bellies are tiresome

I heard the best act at Hop Farm by a country mile was Prince who played a storming set for over 2 hours... at 53 years old, who hasn't played in the UK since 2007. Theres a lesson to be learned there.

As for George the 23rd whose devotion to Morrissey culminated in his marriage breaking up or something (see some interview with Morrissey fans around the time of Moz's 50th birthday) then give him a great big Glasgow kiss from me..."I'm in with the in-crowd, I go where the in-crowd go" You sir are a jerk. Fancy getting someone chucked out of a gig who I assume had flown in from the States for one date? Nice one, top one, get sorted. Oh and men of your age shouldn't shave MOZ into the backs of their head, it's tragic

I will still visit itsmorrisey'sworld though. Funny as

Last edited:
I'll go the odd date if he does decide to tour again but the same setlist...I heard the best act at Hop Farm by a country mile was Prince who played a storming set for over 2 hours... at 53 years old, who hasn't played in the UK since 2007. Theres a lesson to be learned there.

I have to admit that this is what did it for me when it came to spending money at live shows. Whether or not anyone likes the bands I am about to mention are irrelevant -there is enough of a fan base to support several sold out shows in various venues on sequential dates.

According to my iTunes library these are a sampling of shows I have seen where I have the live recordings. Keep in mind that set breaks are excised from the recordings.

Phish 6/1/11 - 20 Songs - 2hrs 34min
Phish 12/30/10 - 24 Songs - 2hrs 57 min
Jimmy Buffett 6/12/08 - 28 Songs - 2hrs 18 min
Paul McCartney 7/17/09 - 34 Songs - 2hrs 32 min
Dave Matthews 11/12/10 - 22 Songs - 2hrs 48 min
Billy Joel 7/16/08 - 35 Songs - 3hrs 6 min

Now Morrissey:
Morrissey 10/22/07 - 21 Songs 1hr 30 min
Morrissey 10/23/07 - 22 Songs 1hr 38 min

Of those two nights that I saw 16 songs were repeated from the previous night. I remember seeing the same faces in the crowd and when I went home I realized that I has basically seen the same show. Did I get my money's worth at $75 a ticket to the Hammerstein? The answer was 'no.' I turned down the opportunity to see Morrissey again later that week when invited by a couple of people from this BB. On that Saturday night Morrissey again played the same basic setlist.

I have seen Phish or DMB over a 2 or three day period and every song is different. In fact if you take a look at one of their shows from up to two days prior to the show you are going to the rule of thumb basically is, "If it was played two shows ago you are not seeing that song performed live tonight." These bands realize that their fans are not just attending one show but may be going to multiple shows over the next couple of days so they reward those fans with a different experience for each night they go.

The only exception to the list I provided is McCartney and he himself is often criticized for what I criticize live Morrissey shows for. I give McCartney half of a pass here due to the high demand of his shows based on his legendary status as well as the high price of tickets people people are not as likely to go to multiple McCartney shows per tour as a Phish, DMB or Morrissey show. Buffett will play what is known as the "Big 8" at every show but the set list varies from there to also ensure that his following get a different show if they are following him around. The same goes for Billy Joel. Billy plays his classic list but then varies it with some deep cuts to have some fun with the fans.

I wish Morrissey would mix it up a bit more than he does.

I am sure I am going to get a lot of nastiness for this but I honestly feel this way. Morrissey HAS to pick up his game at live shows and antics such as the above as well as the topic of this thread turns people off. It does not draw people to shows which at this point is where is likely to draw in 'new' money. Royalty checks are nice but an artist needs to bring in new fans to buy new material or as is Billy Joel's case (who has not made an album in almost twenty years) introduce a new generation to go back and buy the music.

Things need to change. I will still listen to the Smiths and Morrissey and they are well represented on my iPod and iPhone. I look forward to the release of any new material be it leaks, albums or b-sides that were cut from prior albums. However I cannot see myself attending a live show. I get the feeling of been there done that seen it already.

It is a bit of a farce when someone a fan is thrown out of a gig for voicing his/her opinion,like a dictatorship really.

I agree with the post about the same beer bellies watching the same songs at different venues with the same jokes etc.

I feel the three new songs and most of the past two albums have been average at very best-shoot me if you find me guilty of expressing an opinion.

I have to admit that this is what did it for me when it came to spending money at live shows. Whether or not anyone likes the bands I am about to mention are irrelevant -there is enough of a fan base to support several sold out shows in various venues on sequential dates.

According to my iTunes library these are a sampling of shows I have seen where I have the live recordings. Keep in mind that set breaks are excised from the recordings.

Phish 6/1/11 - 20 Songs - 2hrs 34min
Phish 12/30/10 - 24 Songs - 2hrs 57 min
Jimmy Buffett 6/12/08 - 28 Songs - 2hrs 18 min
Paul McCartney 7/17/09 - 34 Songs - 2hrs 32 min
Dave Matthews 11/12/10 - 22 Songs - 2hrs 48 min
Billy Joel 7/16/08 - 35 Songs - 3hrs 6 min

Now Morrissey:
Morrissey 10/22/07 - 21 Songs 1hr 30 min
Morrissey 10/23/07 - 22 Songs 1hr 38 min

Of those two nights that I saw 16 songs were repeated from the previous night. I remember seeing the same faces in the crowd and when I went home I realized that I has basically seen the same show. Did I get my money's worth at $75 a ticket to the Hammerstein? The answer was 'no.' I turned down the opportunity to see Morrissey again later that week when invited by a couple of people from this BB. On that Saturday night Morrissey again played the same basic setlist.

I have seen Phish or DMB over a 2 or three day period and every song is different. In fact if you take a look at one of their shows from up to two days prior to the show you are going to the rule of thumb basically is, "If it was played two shows ago you are not seeing that song performed live tonight." These bands realize that their fans are not just attending one show but may be going to multiple shows over the next couple of days so they reward those fans with a different experience for each night they go.

The only exception to the list I provided is McCartney and he himself is often criticized for what I criticize live Morrissey shows for. I give McCartney half of a pass here due to the high demand of his shows based on his legendary status as well as the high price of tickets people people are not as likely to go to multiple McCartney shows per tour as a Phish, DMB or Morrissey show. Buffett will play what is known as the "Big 8" at every show but the set list varies from there to also ensure that his following get a different show if they are following him around. The same goes for Billy Joel. Billy plays his classic list but then varies it with some deep cuts to have some fun with the fans.

I wish Morrissey would mix it up a bit more than he does.

I am sure I am going to get a lot of nastiness for this but I honestly feel this way. Morrissey HAS to pick up his game at live shows and antics such as the above as well as the topic of this thread turns people off. It does not draw people to shows which at this point is where is likely to draw in 'new' money. Royalty checks are nice but an artist needs to bring in new fans to buy new material or as is Billy Joel's case (who has not made an album in almost twenty years) introduce a new generation to go back and buy the music.

Things need to change. I will still listen to the Smiths and Morrissey and they are well represented on my iPod and iPhone. I look forward to the release of any new material be it leaks, albums or b-sides that were cut from prior albums. However I cannot see myself attending a live show. I get the feeling of been there done that seen it already.

Buzzetta...all the bands you mention are Jam bands. They do not require lead singers who use their voice as an instrument. I mean, does Trey Anastasio even sing? shoot me when he opens his mouth, it's horrendous.

It's hard to go beyond 1hr 30min if oyu actually require using your voice nonstop.

Hope this helps.

Carry on

Dude, I give a f***.

I actually always found him very entertaining.

Life's short. Lighten up. Go listen to Phish and smoke a bowl or something wonderfully cheesy and lowest common denominator like that.

Buzzetta...all the bands you mention are Jam bands. They do not require lead singers who use their voice as an instrument. I mean, does Trey Anastasio even sing? shoot me when he opens his mouth, it's horrendous.

It's hard to go beyond 1hr 30min if oyu actually require using your voice nonstop.

Joel Does, as does McCartney and so does Buffett which is why I only threw in two "jam bands."

Tags
tseng down
Back
Top Bottom