Davis, CA - Robert Mondavi Center at UC Davis (Mar. 4, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Alma Matters / Irish Blood, English Heart / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / November Spawned A Monster / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You Have Killed Me / Action Is My Middle Name / Speedway / Still Ill / People Are The Same Everywhere / To Give (The Reason I Live) / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Meat Is Murder / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Let Me Kiss You / How Soon Is Now? // The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

set list provided by an anonymous person

• Morrissey at Mondavi Center, U.C. Davis (Concert Review / photos) by Jason DeBord - Rock Subculture. Link posted by Jason DeBord.

morrissey-2013-concert-review-mondavi-center-music-march-4-set-list-the-smiths-134.jpg

Last edited:
First time ever seeing a Moz show!!! My time in High School was 88, 89, 90 & 91. I grew up on The Cure, New Order, Depeche Mode and others. Always like The Smiths and Moz. Glad to have finally seen him in concert. Would love to see him again, don't think I can make the Warfield show.

Very nice video from the pit, many great efforts to get on stage!!!

Auto-focus? More like auto-unfocus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stage invasions spoil the show but Morrissey security will end up really hurting someone at this rate. Far to heavy handed I think. I will never attempt it because of this.

Auto-focus? More like auto-unfocus.

I realize this is really lame, but these videos (which I'm enjoying immensely, thank you) remind me of this Nicorette commercial, except instead of between the seats Morrissey and band are dancing on a laptop. It's the angle of the balcony. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Venue was beautiful and the sound was amazing, sold out according to the ushers who were all very nice. One usher (sweet older lady) told me that if you had tickets in the orchestra area rows a-f they were instructed to allow people to the front of the stage. That was my cue to go up front, my wife stayed back at her seats left pit.

He was teasing the crowd all night, with limited hand shakes in my opinion from most other shows. Though it was not as if he was being mean or was upset, rather teasing all the die hards close to stage.

Being that close to the stage, a hand shake away, is such a moving experience, it's like another time and place!

There were some empty seats ahead of me (which I should have tried migrating to). I guess some people didn't show up? On the morning of, there was just one seat that kept coming up as available (which was much better than the one I'd reserved last year :(). J 105 I think it was.
There were many times I thought he was going to reach out to extended hands but he didn't. A couple of times that he did he sort of looked at his hand afterwards, like someone sweated it up pretty good.:p

While I was drinking my beer (wife got the wine) a nice young man from Peta gave me some literature. He seemed genuinely pleased to hear that I'd been a vegetarian for over 20 years.

All in all a wonderful show. It was nice to be in more of a "theatre" if you get my drift, because of the nice seating, good acoustics, and genteel vibe of the crowd. I'm used to more general admission shows so this was a nice change.

As Kristeen (and I) discovered, the crowd was very nice...but the acoustics were awful (in orchestra left, anyway). I could tell he was singing well, but the speakers rendered me deaf in the left ear (as I was sitting left of center). There was a guy in front of me wearing a jacket that looked to be leather, but I think he was perusing a PETA brochure or something. I thought he was waiting for someone, but no. He was clearly enjoying Morrissey. And he stood through the Meat video without looking down like I had to.:thumb::confused: (It helped convert me long ago.)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom