Defy the Morrissey-fan stereotype in this thread!

Maurice E

Finally, it's the thread we've all been waiting for...
The thread in which one defies the Morrissey-fan stereotype!
And please, show a little more imagination than 'eat dead things' etc.

My defiance? An addiction to ski-ing! Absolutely love it. Go as often as I flipping well can.
But when I'm in the 'aprés ski' bar listening to the (invariably crap) live band, all I get is Bon Jovi and REM and Bryan Adams and Crowded House and Kaiser Chiefs and Oasis and all that kinda stuff!
Never once have I heard a Smiths/Moz song.
Surely I must be ... the only Morrissey fan in the (ski) village...

Last edited:
But when I'm in the 'aprés ski' bar listening to the (invariably crap) live band, all I get is Bon Jovi and REM and Bryan Adams and Crowded House and Kaiser Chiefs and Oasis and all that kinda stuff!

:eek:

Please never mention R.E.M. and Bryan Adams in the same sentence again, unless it is to rescind the above blasphemy!

What do I do that defies Morrisseyism...

...well for a start I'm not a racist bigot :p

Coiff.

I like hip-hop and dance music.

I don't know of a bigger stereotype-buster than that except perhaps a jack-booted fascist who eats raw meat served to him by slave-women.

I don't have a silly haircut.

Apart from my 24 year Moz obsession(God I feel old:() I love Jane Austen,nature programs, Neil diamond,Duran Duran,Columbo films,dogs,walking,old black and white films,Johnny Depp (who doesn't?).

Apart from my 24 year Moz obsession(God I feel old:() I love Jane Austen,nature programs, Neil diamond,Duran Duran,Columbo films,dogs,walking,old black and white films,Johnny Depp (who doesn't?).

You love old black and white films? Surely, the very essence of Morrissey fandom!
But liking Duran Duran, granted, is an admirable defiance. Well done!

:eek:

Please never mention R.E.M. and Bryan Adams in the same sentence again, unless it is to rescind the above blasphemy!

What do I do that defies Morrisseyism...

...well for a start I'm not a racist bigot :p

Coiff.

Oops, big apologies for the above faux pas.
Really, you Bryan Adams fans are so tetchy!

Finally, it's the thread we've all been waiting for...
The thread in which one defies the Morrissey-fan stereotype!
And please, show a little more imagination than 'eat dead things' etc.

My defiance? An addiction to ski-ing! Absolutely love it. Go as often as I flipping well can.
Never once have I heard a Smiths/Moz song.
Surely I must be ... the only Morrissey fan in the (ski) village...

Ryan Adams has recently launched a blog, in which he mentions Morrissey.

I love George Michael! There I've said it!

I like hip-hop and dance music.

I don't know of a bigger stereotype-buster than that except perhaps a jack-booted fascist who eats raw meat served to him by slave-women.

HA!!!! Last summer and fall I figured I was the only one driving between Moz shows listening to rap and early 90s techno in the car (on my ipod, not b/c it was the only radio station I could find). :guitar:

HA!!!! Last summer and fall I figured I was the only one driving between Moz shows listening to rap and early 90s techno in the car (on my ipod, not b/c it was the only radio station I could find). :guitar:

Ohh I love old school rap and dance/club music! Morrissey would be so ashamed of my music library...I even own a few Britney albums. :tears:

Speaking of B Spears, am I the only one who thinks her "i'm not a girl..." video is similar to "november spawned a monster" :D

Tags
fans
Back
Top Bottom