Did you see Morrissey 25 at the cinema?

i have been using this site around 8 yrs and have never posted anything but after reading the posts from brummieboy i feel compelled to write . ARE YOU ACTUALLY A FAN or just a guy who writes utter tosh and hates morrissey . and is a secret fan of jedward

i have been using this site around 8 yrs and have never posted anything but after reading the posts from brummieboy i feel compelled to write . ARE YOU ACTUALLY A FAN or just a guy who writes utter tosh and hates morrissey . and is a secret fan of jedward
Oh dear, more hurt feelings.

Me too, but I didn't enjoy the trailer. I thought it was silly. I'm wasn't looking forward to the comments by the 'fans' either, but there's been enough already to draw a tentative conclusion.

This film exists.
It appears to be an entirely accurate portrayal of Morrissey in 2013 at the end of a long period of touring old material and a few insipid demos.
It will be interesting to see if this tour is reconvened with make-up shows for those cancelled or whether affected folk in North/ South America will just have to make do with a cinema screening.

I wouldn't go to see Morrissey again whilst he is still locked in this creative cul-de-sac. It would not be good value-for-money.

However, I would go to see him on a lecture tour to publicise his autobiography. If he really is the inheritor to Wilde (he's not) then this should surely be part of his next phase. It would be less strenuous than a full band tour and would probably be hugely profitable. He could get some Russell Brand / Jonathan Ross type clone to compere and M.C and deal with hecklers.

I guess the problem is in paying retainers to his band without a corporate record deal. They will, naturally, move on to other projects and might not be available if/when another corporate record contract that meets Morrissey's expectations is offered.

Morrissey often hint at retirement but I think he will be back. The question is whether his return is inspired by a new artistic vibrancy or cash-flow for a life of luxury. Or because he's actually just another Fame Whore like a moth to the flame. Whatever happens, I don't love him and he doesn't love me: that nonsense is 'inappropriate'. However, I have enjoyed purchasing his consumer products like CDs and concert tickets.

If he does retire, then he has every reason to be proud about much of his work, even if he could also usefully feel shame and embarassment about some of his wilder outbursts. But we've all done that stuff, some of us here, in this 'sanctuary' to his blessed name!

I've enjoyed contributing to this blog and really enjoyed the fact that others have not enjoyed my contribution! But it seems to me that there is nothing more to contribute to the discussion until a new chapter in Morrissey's soap-opera Dramas unfolds. Contrary to what many here have tried to insist, I am a great admirer of much of this man's work and have had enormous pleasure as a member of The Audience. The fact that he has revealed himself as a preposterous cult leader to his bizarre, dysfunctional hard-core fanatics is both slightly distrubing and disappointing. But it's also very amusing to debunk the whole nonsense. And I'm pleased he avoided suicide when he was vulnerable.

I'll return to lurking and LOL!-ing at The Cult Of Morrissey until a new iteration emerges (not another more-of-the-same tour). Oh, and don't bother with the snipes as I'll snap back at ya, bitchez! I have a feeling that now the new school year is beginning: "The Mentalist 3" will return to make fools of themselves all over again. Which will be fun to watch. It's been very pleasing not to have to put up with them whilst I concluded my deliberations. So, goodbye for now! And remember:

".. I'm, Not sorry for, For the things I've said
There's a wild man in my head, There's a wild man In my head.."

Thanks to all for 'playing the game'. I've enjoyed my wild-ma n 'meditations on Fame' with Moz as the subject to trigger my thoughts. But I'm bored now, too bored to go watch this film, too bored to go watch a show. Too bored to even comment anymore. It's time for me to go 'back to life, back to reality' and make some serious dosh. But he was right about his legacy:

"Let the heart rest
Lay back your head
You were good in your time
And we thank you......

Time takes all breath away
You were good in your time
And we thank you so, so..."

So, Morrissey. Goodbye. Or Farewell......

with every good wish and every possible blessing
yours, In Jubilo!

"BrummieBoy"

[J1983 June 2/3. Cannock Chase. Moseley....]

as i have said in this thread its my second post in 8 yrs of using this site im a massive fan and find it rather strange that brummieboy can spend so so much time writting utter tosh about moz on a fan site when it seems you HATE him or have for at least the last ten years . why would someone put so much energy into someone he hates. it really looks like you need no get a life most of the FANS on here actually go to see moz you just sit on your sad brummie ass finding ways to annoy ppl who appreciate moz and his music i dont think he is god but im not ashamed to say i love the guy he messes up sometimes but hes human and he will be making great music long after your finger tips have worn out from writting total shit in order to get some attention this whole thread has been the brummieboy thread and i bet this makes you so proud . why not go and relax take a valium and listen to jedward lots of love and may your next turd be a hedgehog xxx

Standby Grant. Many posters clearly enjoyed his posts.
Also, he stated clearly that he was 'clean'.
Finally 'you are nothing'?
Now, now, maybe you should calm down here.
We all know you are only saying this because he has the temerity to critisise Moz (with wit and intelligence to boot).

With wit and intelligence???

Even by the standards of this place he is a raving crackpot.

About 25 people at Teesside showcase cinema. Apart from 4 drunk twats who decided to stand/try to dance at the back (until they were forced to sit). It's a good thing they were forced to sit because they had ruined the start of the show, singing along to the songs meaning that we couldn't hear Morrissey singing (which was the whole point in being there). They were forced to sit and went to the front so we couldn't hear them, but still we could see them every few songs dancing around. One of them even filmed part of the film AND was caught by an usher and STILL didn't get thrown out. The film itself I didn't have high hopes for, but I thought it was really good. Some good Morrissey chatter, good amount of stage invasions. Have to agree the fan comments were cringeworthy (although speaking to a non-Morrissey fan they thought this added to the film and made it more fascinating for them), but overall I thought it was a good live film.

Brummie, I hope this does not mean you leaving us.
Your posts are excellent and light the site up.

Thanks 'Peterb', glad you've enjoyed some of it.
No, not leaving, just returning to lurking until something interesting happens.
I'm going to write a book "Pathologies of Fame", focussing on Morrissey, Leonard Cohen and Paul McCartney.
I don't bear ill-will towards any of them, especially not to Morrissey. Rather, I see him as a victim of contemporary culture.
I think I have things to say that have not been said, some critical, but overall quite sympathetic to his 'difficulties'.
Ditto Cohen and McCartney.

regards.

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing: For the one’s who “aren’t looking forward to fan comments” or think the fan comments are “embarrassing”, are you saying that if you were in the front row close to Moz and he looked right at you and handed you the microphone, you wouldn’t want to say anything to him? You would just stand there looking stupid? What bullshit. If it were YOU, you would go see the movie just to see yourselves.

I'd say "Please continue with your performance. I have to catch the last bus".

- - - Updated - - -

keep taking that dodgy coke brummie boy,u have too much to say,but nobody is listening,no one has enjoyed your contribution ...full stop.
let me translate.................you are nothing

Obviously, I'm shaken by your comment. Shaken with laughter, that is.
Why on earth would I care what you think?
Trust me, I find you're frothing funny, but also indicative that I've hit a nerve. Which is fun!

regards.

I have also been on this site for a long time and decided to post after all of the hate I was seeing. As I have expressed- Morrissey is so unique and talented. I am in awe on a daily basis. My daughter and I are going to the movie tonight and I cannot wait.

I'm happy to confirm I am not now, nor ever have been, a 'fan' of Morrissey. I have enjoyed being a member of the Audience. Morrissey's 'fans' are infested with a clique of fanatics who pander to Morrissey's delusions of grandeur and 'genius'. He is no such thing. He is a well-trained singer, a minor poet, and a sometimes witty raconteur. But he is also often an insufferable prat.

I'm also not a 'fan' of Jedward, though I make no secret of finding their antics amusing. They're changed their name to "John and Edward Grimes-Jedward": please keep up to date if you wish to discuss contemporary pop culture!

I look forward to hearing their new material as they transition from teenage pop to adult concerns. Of course, Morrissey is dismissive of any teenage heartthrob enjoyed by teenagers, except if they lived in the 50s and brightened up his childhood. His 'fans' are ridiculous snobs, like you. Whether it's Britney or Jedward, they imagine that by 'liking' Morrissey's allegedly 'intelligent' output whilst disparaging mere 'pop' like Jedward, they confer gravitas and kudos on themselves. Of course, being a Morrissey 'fan' nowadays is code for crackpot.

I don't hate Morrissey. How could I hate someone who has reduced me to tears of laughter so often in the past few years? Not that he intended to, but it's still been comedy gold.

regards.

http://www.4music.com/news/news/10885/Jedward-change-their-stage-name

I'm happy to confirm I am not now, nor ever have been, a 'fan' of Morrissey. I have enjoyed being a member of the Audience. Morrissey's 'fans' are infested with a clique of fanatics who pander to Morrissey's delusions of grandeur and 'genius'. He is no such thing. He is a well-trained singer, a minor poet, and a sometimes witty raconteur. But he is also often an insufferable prat.

I'm also not a 'fan' of Jedward, though I make no secret of finding their antics amusing. They're changed their name to "John and Edward Grimes-Jedward": please keep up to date if you wish to discuss contemporary pop culture!

I look forward to hearing their new material as they transition from teenage pop to adult concerns. Of course, Morrissey is dismissive of any teenage heartthrob enjoyed by teenagers, except if they lived in the 50s and brightened up his childhood. His 'fans' are ridiculous snobs, like you. Whether it's Britney or Jedward, they imagine that by 'liking' Morrissey's allegedly 'intelligent' output whilst disparaging mere 'pop' like Jedward, they confer gravitas and kudos on themselves. Of course, being a Morrissey 'fan' nowadays is code for crackpot.

I don't hate Morrissey. How could I hate someone who has reduced me to tears of laughter so often in the past few years? Not that he intended to, but it's still been comedy gold.

regards.

http://www.4music.com/news/news/10885/Jedward-change-their-stage-name

Then get out of here, dirtbag.

as i have said in this thread its my second post in 8 yrs of using this site im a massive fan and find it rather strange that brummieboy can spend so so much time writting utter tosh about moz on a fan site when it seems you HATE him or have for at least the last ten years . why would someone put so much energy into someone he hates. it really looks like you need no get a life most of the FANS on here actually go to see moz you just sit on your sad brummie ass finding ways to annoy ppl who appreciate moz and his music i dont think he is god but im not ashamed to say i love the guy he messes up sometimes but hes human and he will be making great music long after your finger tips have worn out from writting total shit in order to get some attention this whole thread has been the brummieboy thread and i bet this makes you so proud . why not go and relax take a valium and listen to jedward lots of love and may your next turd be a hedgehog xxx

Thank you for sharing your confusion and distress. It took a while to parse your 'innovative' grammar, but I got there!

I don't care what you think. I'm not here to impress you, or anyone else. I don't HATE Morrissey, I just hate how he makes me laugh so much I can't breathe! LOL!, etc. I don't put much energy into this at all, most of the time. I've had a busy day and now I'm relaxing before 'Celebrity Big Brother'.

How can you 'love' a capitalist music entrepreneur? I assume you mean you love the effect his consumer products have on your nervous system? I, too, have loved that effect, just as I love the effect on my nervous system of other consumer products and experiences beyond CDs and gigs. Today I had a haircut and I loved it, but I don't 'love' the barber: that would be a bit silly, just like 'loving' Morrissey is a bit silly, unless you're 13 years old.

If people choose to be annoyed by me, then they have the option to put me on 'ignore'. I couldn't care less.

I will indeed listen out for The Artists Previously Known as Jedward. I don't use valium, but I do use Valerian to relax. And a nice glass of Merlot later on whilst I watch the antics in the Big Brother house.

I don't understand the hedgehog/turd motif, but assume it means you wish anal discomfort on me? I hope it won't upset you that I actually enjoy a bit of anal pain, but from buggery rather than constipation. Try and think of some other insult next time you choose to reply to a comment which disturbs your smug fan-fanstasies. I've no idea why you've added 3 kisses, but I assume their directed to my arse.

regards.

Then get out of here, dirtbag.

Unfortunately, your fantasy of being the bouncer on this site is just that: a fantasy. Do you like Wheatus? That "Teenage Dirtbag" song is quite funny now and again. Once again, you cannot control your emotional discord and feel compelled to communicate with someone who is utterly indifferent to your epicFAIL! insults. I will be leaving this site for a while but reserve the right to return any time it amuses me to do so. Always remember that each time you post your fascinating ruminations: I will get to read them and ponder them at length. Now, let's all get back on topic, shall we?

Was there any merchandising at the film showings? T-Shirts? Posters? Bags? Chastity belts?

regards.

Unfortunately, your fantasy of being the bouncer on this site is just that: a fantasy. Do you like Wheatus? That "Teenage Dirtbag" song is quite funny now and again. Once again, you cannot control your emotional discord and feel compelled to communicate with someone who is utterly indifferent to your epicFAIL! insults. I will be leaving this site for a while but reserve the right to return any time it amuses me to do so. Always remember that each time you post your fascinating ruminations: I will get to read them and ponder them at length. Now, let's all get back on topic, shall we?

Was there any merchandising at the film showings? T-Shirts? Posters? Bags? Chastity belts?

regards.

:rolleyes: blah blah blah

I wonder if Morrissey also eschews dairy. And cheese. And leather. Can I help you further?

with every good wish,
yours, in jubilo

Ha ha, he he! With every good wish & no you can not help me any furtur - i am not open to debate, i am me.

Kind regards Brummie Boy - Hey, Hey my my - Rock n Roll will never die - There's more to the picture than meets the eye.

Life is short
jacxxx

:rolleyes: blah blah blah

How does your comment relate to the topic thread?

Are you saying that this film is "blah blah blah"? Or does that word-string convey something in your interior mental landscape that you have assumed everyone else understands and relates to? Perhaps you could expand on this a little?

I note you have included an emoticon but I have no idea how this connects to your words?

What are you trying to say?

Take some time out to think about what you are trying to share with other forum members. I have to reflect back to you that I do not understand your communication and I am concerned that you may not realise that your responses are not understood.

with every good wish,
yours, in jubilo!

Question for those who've seen it...during MIM did the editor cut in the original background footage of the slaughterhouses, or is it just shots of the crowd and Morrissey? Need to know if I should watch or look down like I normally do. :o

How does your comment relate to the topic thread?

Are you saying that this film is "blah blah blah"? Or does that word-string convey something in your interior mental landscape that you have assumed everyone else understands and relates to? Perhaps you could expand on this a little?

I note you have included an emoticon but I have no idea how this connects to your words?

What are you trying to say?

Take some time out to think about what you are trying to share with other forum members. I have to reflect back to you that I do not understand your communication and I am concerned that you may not realise that your responses are not understood.

with every good wish,
yours, in jubilo!

No, I’m not saying the film is blah blah blah as I have not seeing it yet but am going to tonight and I’m very sure that I will love it. I was referring to you as blah blah blah because that is what I see every time I make the mistake of opening and reading your insipid comments. All you do in every forum that you post in is churn out the same insults and cheap shots at Morrissey and his fans but not before you pull out your little vocabulary book to change your self-indulgent verbose around a little bit and the end result is the same crap and even though some people here might think you are witty and refreshing, I find you monotonous.

That's what I'm trying to say!

Question for those who've seen it...during MIM did the editor cut in the original background footage of the slaughterhouses, or is it just shots of the crowd and Morrissey? Need to know if I should watch or look down like I normally do.

The camera mainly focused on Morrissey and other members.
I didn't see much background projection during Meat Is Murder.

Only 13 people at Westfield, Shepherd's Bush.

Which day did you go?

I heard Saturday screening at Hackney Picturehouse was sold out.

Monday Curzon Soho was well attended, between 80-100.

I wonder about Monday Vue Islington screening.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom