Dirty Pretty Things

I listened to Babyshambles album a couple of times and basically did not like it, it was...well...to shambolic for my tastes, although I liked their singles. Dirty Pretty Things on the other hand in terms of both their melodies and lyrics are more coherent, which I like and prefer. And my oh my, they rock and rock well (least I think so). For that reason Dirty Pretty Things wins my vote over Babyshambles. Despite this and the antics/drug addiction my love for Pete continues. I cant help admire his talents, especially when you hear songs like 'Beg, Steal or Borrow' - a truly beautiful song.

I just hope he sorts himself out, he has so much to give h if could only get himself right.

Last edited:
Dirty Pretty Things seem like The Libertines but with crap lyrics. They're slightly better than Babyshambles but then again, Babyshambles are only slightly better than Kajagoogoo.

AlbertFinney said:
Dirty Pretty Things seem like The Libertines but with crap lyrics. They're slightly better than Babyshambles but then again, Babyshambles are only slightly better than Kajagoogoo.

I disagree :D

andy_fozzy said:
I disagree :D

This made me laugh.

And I stand by my Pete Doherty is a loser comment. He has talent and adoring fans. He is throwing it all away. THAT makes a loser. He has all the resources in the world to quit his drug habit. Who is a bigger loser? The guy in the street corner shooting up whenever he can or the talented rockstar that has everything slipping away from him?

maybe the fact that he has these so called resources as you put it...means he is happy to carry on...in which case he is le WINNERRRRRRRRR :p

WINNNERRR PETE YEAHHHHHHHHH :eek:

I love Dirty Pretty Things. They are excellent live and always have time for those who go to support them.

Back
Top Bottom