do you act differently on the internet than in actuality?

oscillate wildly

besides trolls who obviously act differently (or possibly not, haha.) do you?
as for myself, i am less shy but not as loud.

edit: this excludes Britney and Paris of course, they're for reals.

Last edited:
im quite shy and quiet in person,i do not talk much ,while online i am a blabber mouth.

there i replied,happy now osci?

I am now more polite/careful on the internet. I tend to be a somewhat arrogant, elitist bigmouth in real life...so I'm told..
I wouldn't say I'm more/less out-going though. But I certainly am random beyond sanity.

Nope, not really. I think I'd surprise some people with how (unfortunately) normal I am. I have spoken to people that I've known online and I have sort of a gift for making people feel at ease. I guess the only difference is that I swear much more. MUCH MORE.:D

I don't think I do. One difference is that I sometimes write things here and then delete them because they are unnecessary, whereas in real life there's no way to do that.

I don't think I do. One difference is that I sometimes write things here and then delete them because they are unnecessary, whereas in real life there's no way to do that.

Wish there was. That would be immeasurably convenient.

Wish there was. That would be immeasurably convenient.

I wish there was an actual "undo" button, I would use it much too often.

It would be cool of people could pretend there was. Instead of saying sorry and all that, just have a mutual agreement "that didn't happen".

"what didn't happen?" "what?" "exactly."

Not for anything evil or consciously malicious, but for the "I was just feeling that for a second" moments, or the "I thought it would be funny if I said that" times.

The other day this woman I know was talking about her boyfriend. He has just moved in. He isn't working but I guess he has money. Anyway, he is very social and she mentioned that when she comes home from work she has to go find him and he is usually at one of her neighbor's houses drinking with them. Not always the same neighbor. He already knows several of them and hangs out with them. I started to say "Oh, it's nice that you're still at the stage where you think that's cute", and I tried to stop saying it, but I was already talking and I couldn't think of something else convincing to change what I was saying. Her mouth dropped open and she says, "David!" and then my other friend said that I shouldn't have said that, and I explained that I tried to stop.

The other day this woman I know was talking about her boyfriend. He has just moved in. He isn't working but I guess he has money. Anyway, he is very social and she mentioned that when she comes home from work she has to go find him and he is usually at one of her neighbor's houses drinking with them. Not always the same neighbor. He already knows several of them and hangs out with them. I started to say "Oh, it's nice that you're still at the stage where you think that's cute", and I tried to stop saying it, but I was already talking and I couldn't think of something else convincing to change what I was saying. Her mouth dropped open and she says, "David!" and then my other friend said that I shouldn't have said that, and I explained that I tried to stop.

I HAD to laugh at that one.
I find myself in that same situation probably far to often.

It would be cool of people could pretend there was. Instead of saying sorry and all that, just have a mutual agreement "that didn't happen".

"what didn't happen?" "what?" "exactly."

Not for anything evil or consciously malicious, but for the "I was just feeling that for a second" moments, or the "I thought it would be funny if I said that" times.

I've been in that spot. I have a knack for saying the wrong thing--I'm one who takes a while to think before I speak (NRITH would attribute this to my Myers-Briggs classification :rolleyes:) and when I'm forced to speak without reflecting first, I often veer into scary territory.

Last summer I was at a friend's mother's wake, and when I was introduced to her brother, I said, "It's nice to meet you." At his mom's funeral. *Cringe*

Back
Top Bottom