Do you think Morrissey will marry someday?

I think he will marry Morten Harket.

THey'd make a goddam cute couple.

Morten+Harket+berlinista270408.jpg

The only reason you can think of for why people want partners in life is for kids? How about having someone who has committed to be by your side through thick and thin, health and sickness -- a partner till the end when you are old, gray and would otherwise be lonely as hell?

Well said :) Ignore the comments by the users who are consumed in bitterness through failed relationships. Marriage can mean much more than status or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said :) Ignore the comments by the users who are consumed in bitterness through failed relationships. Marriage can mean much more than status or whatever.

Marriage isn't for everyone. You don't need to be married to have a loving, long-lasting relationship. You don't need to be bitter to be opposed to marriage. You don't need to have had failed relationships in order to not want to be married. You do need to be ignorant and immature, however, to make the comment you just made.

Marriage isn't for everyone. You don't need to be married to have a loving, long-lasting relationship. You don't need to be bitter to be opposed to marriage. You don't need to have had failed relationships in order to not want to be married. You do need to be ignorant and immature, however, to make the comment you just made.
It can be strange one, the decision to get married. When the kidlets come along, being married makes things schools applications, child benefit and tax exemptions much easier to deal with.
Also, at the risk of sounding terribly old fashioned, it's a fine way to show your intended your commitment.
On the other hand, there is nothing wrong at all with not getting married either. It's the quality of your life that matters.

It can be strange one, the decision to get married. When the kidlets come along, being married makes things schools applications, child benefit and tax exemptions much easier to deal with.
Also, at the risk of sounding terribly old fashioned, it's a fine way to show your intended your commitment.
On the other hand, there is nothing wrong at all with not getting married either. It's the quality of your life that matters.

And, one doesn't need to be in a committed relationship in order to have a happy, fulfilling life. Some of us prefer the single life. :)

I do think marriage is a good thing when kids are involved. Besides the legal issues and benefits for the parents, the kids are given a sense of security and stability--that is, until the divorce, when the shit hits the fan. And that is when the real fun begins. :D

But, anyhow, isn't that what a commitment does, in general? That is why I argued that one of the main reasons for marrying is for security. Commitment isn't about love. It is about security. I love my mother and my son. I am married to neither.

Commitment is also about possession, jealousy, and entitlement. Marriage is a contract of obligations and rights between two people. It isn't about love, at all.

Of course love and marriage don't need to be mutually exclusive. Marriage can include love. But sadly, so often, it doesn't.

Davie is 12 years old. Nothing he says counts.

And, one doesn't need to be in a committed relationship in order to have a happy, fulfilling life. Some of us prefer the single life. :)

I do think marriage is a good thing when kids are involved. Besides the legal issues and benefits for the parents, the kids are given a sense of security and stability--that is, until the divorce, when the shit hits the fan. And that is when the real fun begins. :D

But, anyhow, isn't that what a commitment does, in general? That is why I argued that one of the main reasons for marrying is for security. Commitment isn't about love. It is about security. I love my mother and my son. I am married to neither.

Commitment is also about possession, jealousy, and entitlement. Marriage is a contract of obligations and rights between two people. It isn't about love, at all.

Of course love and marriage don't need to be mutually exclusive. Marriage can include love. But sadly, so often, it doesn't.
Can't argue with any of that.

Walking around his haunt of West Hollywood, you can't help but think, "Yeah. He's super gay." :D But I live in the methy gangster ghetto and I'm not a methy gangster?

West Hollywood is lovely. I want to go to the French Plaza Court or whatever it's called, I bet they have awesome bread. :yum:

Ohhh, knew he never married but didn't realize his singledom was almost to Morrissey levels.
But a glance at Wiki does have quotes he's made about the relationships he's been in.

Morrissey has mentioned being in love (mid 90s, Jake?) but never names names in interviews. We have some songs -- William, Girlfriend, Come Back.. etc.
I'm still amazed that to this day nobody has ever spilled the proverbial beans about our kid.

There was that girl who worked at a hotel front desk where a slightly drunken Moz hit on her. It was too weird not to be real...

Did she go for it?! She'd be stupid not too. I would have jumped over that desk and on it in a heartbeat.

Was your son's father a sperm donor? I'm just kidding. Don't answer that.

Anyway, to answer the topic question. Aside from the fact that Morrissey already pronounced that he "Will Never Marry," he does not have much of a reason to marry. The typical reasons to marry are financial and/or emotional co-dependence and/or conformity. Those things don't apply to Moz. A good reason for Moz to marry would be to commit wholeheartedly to loving me forever (yes, I think he would choose me.) But even that would not likely be enough reason to marry.

Some people marry so that their spouse cannot be compelled to testify against them. That doesn't apply to Moz either.

Was your son's father a sperm donor? I'm just kidding. Don't answer that.

Anyway, to answer the topic question. Aside from the fact that Morrissey already pronounced that he "Will Never Marry," he does not have much of a reason to marry. The typical reasons to marry are financial and/or emotional co-dependence and/or conformity. Those things don't apply to Moz. A good reason for Moz to marry would be to commit wholeheartedly to loving me forever (yes, I think he would choose me.) But even that would not likely be enough reason to marry.

Some people marry so that their spouse cannot be compelled to testify against them. That doesn't apply to Moz either.

Marriage stinks, it's overrated. I want to throw up everytime I hear of an engagement. Rest in Peace! :sick:

Back
Top Bottom