Does Morrissey have a secret ‘serious illness’? - all-noise.co.uk

Seriously distasteful and intrusive speculation based on very very flimsy 'evidence' indeed. Morrissey has already admitted that he is/was a practising homosexual. Whether he is ill or not is a completely different issue and he is entitled to keep that private.

Whilst I'd call someone out on their hypocrisies over eating dairy whilst espousing a radical animal rights agenda and query their Britishness in relation to their tax arrangements, this is really very troubling and completely unacceptable.

HIV is now, to some degree, a manageable condition due to anti-retrovirals and wouldn't affect most people's work abilities, there's still an enormous amount of fear and prejudice around the world. If I was part of a business where my health was a key criteria for signing contracts, being insurable for travel and visa applications, then I'd be incandescent at any spurious gossip campaign which not only questioned my ability to take on touring schedules but which also attempted to label me as self-hatingly homophobic by dint of supposedly 'hiding' anything. Even more so if I had recently recuperated from illness which others now sought to lable as indicative of an underlying chronic condition rather than unfortunate one-offs.

One look at the situation in Africa shows It's absurd to claim that HIV infections are an issue of gay or bisexual activity. It's nobodies business what anyone else's HIV status is unless there's a negotiation prior to sexual activity. In some parts of the world there's problems with visa and border entry for anyone 'suspected' of having HIV, and it would enrage me to have to provide tests results to border guards of homophobic regimes due to some malevolent internet campaign. What's behind all this is blatant homophobia. It's deeply immoral.

Anyone who's ever had to deal with corrosive gossip knows how pointless it is to protest, as doing so only adds fuel to the flames. Even taking legal action in this case would mean agreeing to a potential invasion of medical privacy that most people would find completely unacceptable. I don't think there's any answer other than for people to express their disgust. Whilst someone may make generalised inflammatory and troll comments about celebrity chefs, microwaved children and concentration camps in a desperate attempt to resurrect their career and end up looking ridiculous, that's not the same as a targetted attempt to undermine a specific person's ability to organise their employment, insurability, travel and reputation.

The writers do this because they know that any formal legal response opens the door to more intrusive queries so will probably not happen, but that doesn't make it acceptable. Nor does trying to suggest some 'moral equivalence' between delusional troll comments to the media by a fading celebrity and a seemingly vindictive campaign to undermine if not destroy someone public persona and ability to travel freely around the world.

regards
BB

And you'd know all about "generalised inflammatory troll comments" from people who end up "looking ridiculous", wouldn't you? The lack of self-awareness here is utterly breathtaking.

Whilst I'd call someone out on their hypocrisies over eating dairy whilst espousing a radical animal rights agenda and query their Britishness in relation to their tax arrangements, this is really very troubling and completely unacceptable.

HIV is now, to some degree, a manageable condition due to anti-retrovirals and wouldn't affect most people's work abilities, there's still an enormous amount of fear and prejudice around the world. If I was part of a business where my health was a key criteria for signing contracts, being insurable for travel and visa applications, then I'd be incandescent at any spurious gossip campaign which not only questioned my ability to take on touring schedules but which also attempted to label me as self-hatingly homophobic by dint of supposedly 'hiding' anything. Even more so if I had recently recuperated from illness which others now sought to lable as indicative of an underlying chronic condition rather than unfortunate one-offs.

One look at the situation in Africa shows It's absurd to claim that HIV infections are an issue of gay or bisexual activity. It's nobodies business what anyone else's HIV status is unless there's a negotiation prior to sexual activity. In some parts of the world there's problems with visa and border entry for anyone 'suspected' of having HIV, and it would enrage me to have to provide tests results to border guards of homophobic regimes due to some malevolent internet campaign. What's behind all this is blatant homophobia. It's deeply immoral.

Anyone who's ever had to deal with corrosive gossip knows how pointless it is to protest, as doing so only adds fuel to the flames. Even taking legal action in this case would mean agreeing to a potential invasion of medical privacy that most people would find completely unacceptable. I don't think there's any answer other than for people to express their disgust. Whilst someone may make generalised inflammatory and troll comments about celebrity chefs, microwaved children and concentration camps in a desperate attempt to resurrect their career and end up looking ridiculous, that's not the same as a targetted attempt to undermine a specific person's ability to organise their employment, insurability, travel and reputation.

The writers do this because they know that any formal legal response opens the door to more intrusive queries so will probably not happen, but that doesn't make it acceptable. Nor does trying to suggest some 'moral equivalence' between delusional troll comments to the media by a fading celebrity and a seemingly vindictive campaign to undermine if not destroy someone public persona and ability to travel freely around the world.

regards
BB

A considered and good assessment re: awful behaviour of certain sites and potential consequences to any artist.
I don't always agree with how you summate Moz, but your comments on the aforementioned are spot on.
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:
Posting this vile gossip about Morrissey's personal life, and then attempting petulant 'freedom of speech' and 'don't shoot the messenger' positions to 'support' its action, 'should' be the nail in the coffin for Morrissey-Solo as a Morrissey fan site. A more mature response would be to remove/close this thread - have the gonads to admit that this gossip is inappropriate and has no place on Morrissey-Solo or any Morrissey fan site. Davidt it's over to you .....

Yes, the gossip would still be 'out there' but it would not be given breath of life in a Morrissey fan site. I would urge all Morrissey fans to STOP posting on this matter and kill this thread. I suspect that won't happen but any true fan (like myself), should at the very least, consider it as a way to show a modicum of respect for Morrissey. I have been provoked into responding (fool that I am) but this will be my last post on Morrissey-Solo. There will be those of you (like me) who want to support Morrissey by stating your views and I can understand that, but your support only lends weight to the idea that there actually is a 'story'. There will undoubtedly be those who want to milk this for all that it is worth to dismiss Morrissey and spew bile - I can't help wondering why such people are in a fan site in the first place? Any genuine fan site should debate the merits of an artists output, it should not equate 'freedom of speech' with an poorly moderated gossip-mongering, bully-fueled playground.

I have not, and doubt that in the future, I will agree with the content of every statement, release or book that Morrissey is involved with - I am not a sycophant but I find this unwarranted intrusion into his personal life extremely distasteful.

I have had, on more than one occasion, reason to consider not using this site - due primarily to a lack of sensitive and respectful moderation of content (this is in regard to other fans and Morrissey). This particular post I find despicable, harmful and a prurient attempt at titillation. It has made my decision for me. I can no longer dip my toe into this 'hateful creche' that, by defending its position to post this gossip, has proved itself to have no respect for the artist that it is supposedly a fan of? Morrissey-Solo will go on without me and I will now glean my Morrissey information from a more reliable Morrissey fan site.

Do bear in mind that this site is funded via advertising based on the number of 'hits' it receives. It is not in the owners interest to close/remove gossip that provides revenue regardless of fact or fiction. It can argue freedom of speech as much as it likes but in the background I hear the distant hum of opportunistic cash registers. Cynical? Morrissey-Solo you have made me thus.

Thanks for providing the links and information, that's what I've been looking for.

Bollocks. You did not put that story on the front page hoping to attract a passer-by who would disprove this unsubstantiated gossip. You did it cos you'd hope you'd get more website traffic. Don't take your 'membership' for complete and utter plankton.

Unbelievable attempt at justification especially considering the George Michael anecdote above and the fact you chose not to publish the rumour when it appeared on Xmas Day.

There's probably a vacancy at one of Murdoch's papers if you're after a job.

Quote Originally Posted by davidt View Post
"Thanks for providing the links and information, that's what I've been looking for."

It is encouraging to learn that Morrissey Solo will post gossip and then attempt (after fan furore) to substantiate the validity of the source after posting. Even with the source evidenced as false, Morrissey Solo maintains this thread, but provides no apology for its own potentially harmful lack of moderation. Fans please vote with your feet and find another Morrissey site. This barrel has been scrapped for long enough and its moderation, it is evident, is little more than a spiteful husk of humanity. Goodbye, Morrissey Solo I won't be seeing you again.

Quote Originally Posted by davidt View Post
"Thanks for providing the links and information, that's what I've been looking for."

It is encouraging to learn that Morrissey Solo will post gossip and then attempt (after fan furore) to substantiate the validity of the source after posting. Even with the source evidenced as false, Morrissey Solo maintains this thread, but provides no apology for its own potentially harmful lack of moderation. Fans please vote with your feet and find another Morrissey site. This barrel has been scrapped for long enough and its moderation, it is evident, is little more than a spiteful husk of humanity. Goodbye, Morrissey Solo I won't be seeing you again.

You said this a few posts above with a different user name. Any other names you want to use?

P.

regards
BB

BrummieBoy I never thought you'd be the voice of reason.

Believe what you want but I do expect users to help with questioning, validating or disproving links that are put up. Again, posting the link does not mean I believe the rumor is true or false.

Bollocks. You did not put that story on the front page hoping to attract a passer-by who would disprove this unsubstantiated gossip. You did it cos you'd hope you'd get more website traffic. Don't take your 'membership' for complete and utter plankton.

Unbelievable attempt at justification especially considering the George Michael anecdote above and the fact you chose not to publish the rumour when it appeared on Xmas Day.

There's probably a vacancy at one of Murdoch's papers if you're after a job.

A bit late to this one. But just to say, I have been visiting this site regularly since 2001, and I'm fairly sure the AIDS rumour has popped its head up semi-regularly on here since at least that time (just raised by the odd person in the comments of main page stories or on the forum, when that was a separate thing).

This is ridiculous. "You have killed me" doesn't mean what the idiot thinks it means. Furthermore, Moz being so picky about who he shares himself with, odds are so slim that he picked up any STDs or HIV/AIDS. Freddy Mercury was extremely promiscuous, so no surprise there. But Moz? Really?

And you'd know all about "generalised inflammatory troll comments" from people who end up "looking ridiculous", wouldn't you? The lack of self-awareness here is utterly breathtaking.

You're 'anonymous': there's absolutely no reason why I should pay any attention to you. Sorry about that.

This is ridiculous. "You have killed me" doesn't mean what the idiot thinks it means. Furthermore, Moz being so picky about who he shares himself with, odds are so slim that he picked up any STDs or HIV/AIDS. Freddy Mercury was extremely promiscuous, so no surprise there. But Moz? Really?

And you're privy to the frequency of Morrissey's dalliances how exactly? :lbf:

Believe what you want but I do expect users to help with questioning, validating or disproving links that are put up. Again, posting the link does not mean I believe the rumor is true or false.

If you'd bothered to check for even a moment before you sunk to the level of a clueless gossip monger you'd have seen the site you'd linked to explicitly states that some of the stories contain within are made up - again you tell the tale on yourself and end up looking like an spineless jealous spurred oaf, quick to jump on this, because you were half hoping it to be true. Shame on you.

Aids is not a metaphor for MANOREXIA. Steve looks great! Wish you kids would leave him alone.

Last time Moz looked even remotely manorexic was in the late 80s. He could actually lose a few pounds, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

If you'd bothered to check for even a moment before you sunk to the level of a clueless gossip monger you'd have seen the site you'd linked to explicitly states that some of the stories contain within are made up - again you tell the tale on yourself and end up looking like an spineless jealous spurred oaf, quick to jump on this, because you were half hoping it to be true. Shame on you.

You sound like you could use a Xanax.

Last edited:
Take into consideration some of the things he's said.... (most recently what he said about meat eaters/pedophiles, and his "humasexual" remark- does that mean he's not yet having sex with animals?)
clearly, he has a serious illness. Mental illness, if nothing else.

No. You just disagree with him.

There are so many reasons why the rumor itself is wrong. Most all have been covered and written about here, but I cant help but think that this entire thread, (the rumor and the reasons why we think its rubbish or valid), should have been completely ignored. Forget that it should have never been posted, it was. What we all should have done is what I think the people who show up and protest a White Power/Nazi parade. Act as if it is not even there. I bet if no one showed up to one of those rallies to protest it, those ignorant f***s wouldn't know what to do because there would be no one there to hate.
Yes I know. By replying to the very thread I said to ignore, I am contributing to the..........blah blah blah,
but still, next time you see a thread like this one, and it pisses you off, ignore it. Then, at the very least, we can talk about real topics.

If you drink too much, as many of us do, you can get liver problems and die, they say if you smoke too much (as I do) you may get lung cancer (loads of non smokers get that too) if you Sky Dive, your parachute might not open and you will die (happened to a girl I know in Brighton), if you have a night of wild passion you may get HIV!! If you live like a nun a bus may run you over (I knew an Actor in NYC who got knocked over and killed by a London bus, NYC banned the buses after the accident) my point is, if he has or has not got Aids, where is the relevance in questioning it? Other than to be Homophobic (presuming Moz is Gay) (and I am not PC) it seems a spiteful presumption! Something takes us all out. The fact that being unwell is rumoured to be a Gay (wrong presumption) possible illness is so crass and pointless. I hope Moz is fine, and does not have Measles, Aids, Tummy upset or Gout! FFS. I hate unfounded or even founded gossip.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom