Does Moz hate his female fans?

Oh, okay.

Well, I'll just repost this then:

Some of the greatest poets in the world had severely distorted views of womankind. Shakespeare often had objectionable comments about women in his work.

It is in my opinion that Morrissey's comment about being "humasexual" should come into play here. It's not about the gender, but about the person. Not people, but person. Throughout the book, Morrissey berated a lot of his colleagues...both men and women. Obviously - that's why so many of his male acquaintances have been up in arms since the books release. But, you know, I remember when Michael Stipe said, years ago, that Morrissey was hard to deal with (I can't remember the exact quote. Something like he was a major drama queen of sorts.)

I'm not trying to justify what Morrissey says about women. I think women, if they are to be in his company, have to resemble women in his family. What he's used to - what he can relate to. Or at least have a bit of Linder in them...

He's not criticizing gender or character. He is assassinating our biological features--our sex--our femaleness, things which we can't possibly change. It is misogynistic for that very reason. Like hating on blacks for the color of their skin--things they can't change.

He's not criticizing gender or character. He is assassinating our biological features--our sex--our femaleness, things which we can't possibly change. It is misogynistic for that very reason. Like hating on blacks for the color of their skin--things they can't change.

From the earliest time, I always said to my kids - "If someone's being an arsehole, and they can stop being an arsehole, it's fair game for ridicule. If, however, you are denigrating someone for something they cannot change about themselves, such as hair colour, gender, sexuality, disability, skin colour, then that's out of bounds"

P.

I think people are forgetting that he's being hilarious. Do you think every SNL actor/stand-up comedian/Viz contributor is a misogynistic asshole? No. They are commenting on the world around them using sarcasm and wit. The feminist finger pointers need to calm the f*** down.

I think people are forgetting that he's being hilarious. Do you think every SNL actor/stand-up comedian/Viz contributor is a misogynistic asshole? No. They are commenting on the world around them using sarcasm and wit. The feminist finger pointers need to calm the f*** down.

^^^ This.

From the earliest time, I always said to my kids - "If someone's being an arsehole, and they can stop being an arsehole, it's fair game for ridicule. If, however, you are denigrating someone for something they cannot change about themselves, such as hair colour, gender, sexuality, disability, skin colour, then that's out of bounds"

P.

:thumb: Attack the character not the man... in this case, woman. :p

Okay.

I see you are posting from the shallow end of the pool, as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

Alex, I'd like VICTIM SCRIPTS for $400 please?

You are an idiot with no breadth or depth.

- - - Updated - - -

"Hating on"...LOL.

New name; same M.O.

I see you are posting from the shallow end of the pool, as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

You are an idiot with no breadth or depth.

- - - Updated - - -

New name; same M.O.

All you are doing is attacking me and not what I'm saying. Take a dose of your own advice, genius.

New name; same M.O.

No...actually this was my original name. But hey, who cares about facts...

I don't have an "M.O." I do find it amusing though when a middle aged woman uses ghetto youth slang. So I laughed about it. Because it was funny.

Anyway the real issue here is whether or not Morrissey is a misogynist.

I'd go with "no" because misogyny is an overall way of looking at women that permeates one's entire outlook and just about every processing of every encounter. I'd hardly say that's the case with Morrissey given his ceaseless heralding of feminist authors and artists over the years, as well as his adaptation of, or at least flirtation with, feminine ideologies, particularly during his rise to fame.

Saying some vaguely caustic shit in a book about broads does not make him a misogynist. How does he treat women? What's his overall track record? That's more important.

All you are doing is attacking me and not what I'm saying. Take a dose of your own advice, genius.

What you said is bullshit. It is an idiotic statement from an idiot.

This thread is like The Emperors New Clothes... and you and some of the others, the fools...

Black comedians don't make anti-Semitic comments on national TV for laughs. Or when they do, they get taken to the cleaners. I am not a radical, hypersensitive feminist. I could care less what Moz thinks, tbo. It has no bearing on my life. He isn't a politician or lawmaker capable of instigating changes which could affect my life.

But, there is nothing wrong with pointing out the obvious for the sycophants and cognitively impaired folks who can't see what is blatantly apparent to your average sixteen year old. My son would see it.

Your need to defend your hero is paramount to the preservation of your Moz-as-hero paradigm. I could care less either way. I find it entertaining to argue a position--especially the unpopular one. So I do. I could just as easily argue from the sycophant's perspective, and just as effectively. You are emotionally invested. I'm not. This gives me the advantage right out of the gate.

Last edited:
I am not a radical, hypersensitive feminist. I could care less what Moz thinks, tbo. It has no bearing on my life. He isn't a politician or lawmaker capable of instigating changes which could affect my life.

Haven't you heard? Art changes lives and viewpoints far more powerfully and consistently substantially than politicians and lawmakers do.

What you said is bullshit. It is an idiotic statement from an idiot.

This thread is like The Emperors New Clothes... and you and some of the others, the fools...

Black comedians don't make anti-Semitic comments on national TV for laughs. Or when they do, they get taken to the cleaners. I am not a radical, hypersensitive feminist. I could care less what Moz thinks, tbo. It has no bearing on my life. He isn't a politician or lawmaker capable of instigating changes which could affect my life.

But, there is nothing wrong pointing out the obvious for the sycophants and cognitively impaired folks who can't see what is blatantly apparent to your average sixteen year old. My son would see it.

Your need to defend your hero is paramount to the preservation of your Moz-as-hero paradigm. I could care less either way. I find it entertaining to argue a position--especially the unpopular one. So I do. I could just as easily argue from the sycophants perspective, and just as effectively. You are emotionally invested. I'm not. This gives me the advantage right out of the gate.

Screen+shot+2012-03-18+at+5.48.22+PM.png

Back
Top Bottom