Does Moz hate his female fans?

No...actually this was my original name. But hey, who cares about facts...

I don't have an "M.O." I do find it amusing though when a middle aged woman uses ghetto youth slang. So I laughed about it. Because it was funny.

Anyway the real issue here is whether or not Morrissey is a misogynist.

I'd go with "no" because misogyny is an overall way of looking at women that permeates one's entire outlook and just about every processing of every encounter. I'd hardly say that's the case with Morrissey given his ceaseless heralding of feminist authors and artists over the years, as well as his adaptation of, or at least flirtation with, feminine ideologies, particularly during his rise to fame.

Saying some vaguely caustic shit in a book about broads does not make him a misogynist. How does he treat women? What's his overall track record? That's more important.

Agree. But it is so fun to take an idea and run with it. You know how that is, don't you?

I don't lose sleep over Moz's views.

Agree. But it is so fun to take an idea and run with it. You know how that is, don't you?

So basically you're agreeing with the feminists until someone else comes along and then you agree with them and pass it off as intellectual indifference while throwing Moz under the bus so that it suits building up your portfolio of perceived intellectual prowess? What herd do you plan on running with next?

So basically you're agreeing with the feminists until someone else comes along and then you agree with them and pass it off as intellectual indifference while throwing Moz under the bus so that it suits building up your portfolio of perceived intellectual prowess? What herd do you plan on running with next?

What feminists? What others? What herd? What? What?

This is what you said a few hours ago...

It is called polemics honey bunch. I know you wouldn't know anything about that. Couldn't write a polemical argument to save your life. No worries. Not asking you to. Carry on being a simpleton. The sky is vast. Not everyone can be a bright star. You can be a dim one.

It is called polemics honey bunch. I know you wouldn't know anything about that. Couldn't write a polemical argument to save your life. No worries. Not asking you to. Carry on being a simpleton. The sky is vast. Not everyone can be a bright star. You can be a dim one.

So your intellectual retort to your own guffaw is to attack my character? Hitch beams with pride in heaven.

Do you actually know anything about the Hitch?

Do you know anything about substantiating your platform with logic? You said Morrissey is a misogynist then a few hours late said he wasn't. You say I am incapable of detaching myself from discourse on the topic of Morrissey because I am too emotionally invested in his God-like status, yet accuse me of being a fake fan because I didn't rush out to buy the book like you did. You systematically do not demonstrate sound arguments.

I think us girls need to stop fighting and do some cooking and cleaning. It's getting too mad around here.

Girl power

Do you know anything about substantiating your platform with logic? You said Morrissey is a misogynist then a few hours late said he wasn't. You say I am incapable of detaching myself from discourse on the topic of Morrissey because I am too emotionally invested in his God-like status, yet accuse me of being a fake fan because I didn't rush out to buy the book like you did. You systematically do not demonstrate sound arguments.

You didn't answer my question. Not replying again unless you do.

You didn't answer my question. Not replying again unless you do.

I'm not going to address your God until you address my original question. Please detach yourself from the hurt you feel from my attack of Hitch and clean up your lapse of logic...unless of course you're finding that impossible since you run with the popular herd at any given moment, great independant thinker you are.

Last edited:
I'm not going to address your God until you address my original question. Please detach yourself from the hurt you feel from my attack of Hitch and clean up your lapse of logic...unless of course you're finding that impossible since you run with the popular heard at any given moment, great independant thinker you are.

Logic Cleanup for the Geezer Girl

1. Hitch is not in heaven. (There you go again, pretending to know things you don't know.) He is not a god. He was a brilliant polemical writer, orator, and debater. A human. Flawed. Misogynistic? Nah.

2. I am a humanist. This would of course also make me a feminist by default. Anyone who doesn't consider themselves to be a feminist is not a humanist and/or is ignorant. Ever hear of Euler circles? Probably not.

3. There is no gang. But guess what? If there were, you would NOT be asked to be a member.

4. Who knows if Morrissey hates women? There is evidence--his own words--to suggest he has issues with them. The thread title asks a question. I answered it. Others argued the opposing viewpoint. You tried arguing something.

OK, now tell me all about Hitchens. You name drop him all the time. You must know so much about him.

Last edited:
You might find this hard to believe, but I'm on a Morrissey forum to talk about Morrissey.

Yes, yes...brush away all and everything you've posted today about Morrissey being a misogynist so that you may find favor with The Bicycle Tragedy (or whoever you're trying to seek acceptance from)...it's what you do all the time. If you truly believe what you've written today in this thread and in your blog...if you truly want to be a controversialist - then do it. Stand your ground. You can't write a bunch of heady posts and then decide suddenly that this is just a fun game! Not with this. Makes you look worse, actually.

I do find that hard to believe considering you haven't even read his book yet and spend the majority of your time taking issue with my posts.

I can get a few minutes here and there to distract myself from my deskjob to shelve books at the solo bookstore. When I read a real book I sit down and read it.

Yes, yes...brush away all and everything you've posted today about Morrissey being a misogynist so that you may find favor with The Bicycle Tragedy (or whoever you're trying to seek acceptance from)...it's what you do all the time. If you truly believe what you've written today in this thread and in your blog...if you truly want to be a controversialist - then do it. Stand your ground. You can't write a bunch of heady posts and then decide suddenly that this is just a fun game! Not with this. Makes you look worse, actually.

Contrarian is the word you are looking for.

I can and do change my mind about all sorts of things daily. New evidence has me continually re-evaluating my positions. That is what reasonable thinkers do. You see it as see-sawing, right? Truth is, I'm on the fence when it comes to Moz. Not sure what to make of him. If I wasn't a fan of his music, I would be judging him much harder than I am. I am aware of my biases. And btw, why can't I argue a position for fun? Who says I can't?

I am not trying to please anyone but myself, thanks. Do you honestly think a people pleaser would write the things I write? No. Most are gentle, quiet, complaint, agreeable. I can't please everyone, or hardly anyone. It is a waste of time trying.

Last edited:
Contrarian is the word you are looking for.

I can and do change my mind about all sorts of things daily. New evidence has me continually re-evaluating my positions. That is what reasonable thinkers do. You see it as see-sawing, right? Truth is, I'm on the fence when it comes to Moz. Not sure what to make of him. If I wasn't a fan of his music, I would be judging him much harder than I am. I am aware of my biases. And btw, why can't I argue a position for fun? Who says I can't?

I am not trying to please anyone but myself, thanks. Do you honestly think a people pleaser would write the things I write? No. Most are gentle, quiet, complaint, agreeable. I can't please everyone, or hardly anyone. It is a waste of time trying.

No, controversialist is definitely the word I wanted to use, thanks.

No one says you can't have fun...but is this fun to you? Really? Posting nearly 10 hours a day? Everyday?

No, controversialist is definitely the word I wanted to use, thanks.

No one says you can't have fun...but is this fun to you? Really? Posting nearly 10 hours a day? Everyday?

Fun? Yes! Is there any other reason to post here? I am not getting paid. Is it fun touching gross people's faces and bodies ten hours a day? Yuck. I don't post here ten hours a day, btw. I post in between doing many other things. But thanks for your oh so authentic concern.

Back
Top Bottom