Does this site need new moderators?

Does this site need new moderators?

• Yes

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
iv put no even though I'm not skinnies biggest fan,it should be down to the absent landlord on here to lay down a set of rules which should be adhered to.there should be a red card type thing where your put off the site for a period of time,that way people might start behaving like adults,never know might even be a laugh on here for a change.

iv put no even though I'm not skinnies biggest fan,it should be down to the absent landlord on here to lay down a set of rules which should be adhered to.there should be a red card type thing where your put off the site for a period of time,that way people might start behaving like adults,never know might even be a laugh on here for a change.

The moderators on here aren't fit for purpose. When a moderator is abusive and the other moderators do nothing then they need to go. All of them.

i say "yes" but it's not necessary, i think, to fire all of the old ones, though i'd like to see some of them attend a course on communication culture, but rather add more people to the old circle.

you never needed moderators on here till Benjamin the british butcher turned up with his posse of brummie boy and a few others.ruined it for everybody,still say you cant post till you set up an account.

i second that. there is this bunch of celebrity cyberstalkers that has found a welcoming, conducive home here. everything they need to prosper is available

Hell no if you don't like them then start your own site. You can call it Morrissey-Onan.

I think the logistics of it make 'moderation' in the traditional forum sense impossible - the scale of things here sees to that.
In my ideal world, people going back and forth at each other on a topic like 'Moz live at...' when what they are discussing is completely nothing to do with said - that would be physically moved to the off-topic or pigsty area - so that people can get information without wading through self-indulgent diatribe of people locking antlers or chest puffing (ironically, exactly like the OP's post moved forums!).
People would soon learn to adapt or see their posts vanish continually, but that is a huge task.
I can't see that being feasible in any realistic way though.
Free speech is fine, but why break the forums in to sections or topics then?
The fact so many people struggle with the concept of tailoring their comments towards the topic and just let their ego dictate their typing probably says more about the typer than the moderator.
I don't care who does it to be honest, but I don't think anyone would ever be happy however it was tweaked.
Better the devil you know!?
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
As someone who visits regularly, it gets so tedious when every conversation devolves into whether ''Unkleskinny'' feels he is allowed to say what he wants or not.

I think at this point we are all in agreement for free speech, but what about ''consistently boring'' speech? Probably best to curb that.

It would be vastly improved if the bickering was AT LEAST kept to Morrissey's antics/output rather than Unkleskinny's...

Maybe time to make a Skinny-Solo site?

Got to admit... spent some time over the summer dipping in and out of the fan communities for LCD Soundsystem and Twin Peaks... and it was way less vicious on the whole, with a really supportive/interested energy in most of the threads. Morrissey.solo is such a potentially brilliant bastion for discussion about the man, myth and legend that is the mutually loved Mozmeister, but there's a real tendency to see things deteriorate into spite I find. Idk, just one man's opinion - but if that's a moderator's job (and I'm very new to all this), maybe new ones would be a good thing.

I voted no.
We know what we have now.
Deal with it.
If people can't deal with that, what would make them think they can deal with other mods?
The same amount of criticism would exist. Not that all of it is wrong but they make mistakes too.
So why change?

Given the nature of the site, allowing anonymous posting, that have to be reviewed first, and or modified, the principle of free speeech, the TOS, overall they are doing a good job, I believe. It's not as easy as many people might think. A leniently moderated site.

I suppose they are doing a lot of things, more or less, behind the scenes and that a great part of it is having to deal with anonymous trolls, harrasing, trolling other people, stealing private information and publishing it somewhere on the site. I believe there lies the most important task for them as it is also a key-issue of the TOS and according to that they have to act.

There are as always interpretation issues but at least they have the TOS as the most important set of rules on which they can base their actions. And for which they are accountable.
I don't believe they just can do as they please and they won't cause the administrator will hold them accountable for their actions.

Don't forget this is a business too, creating traffic and a website that attracts advertising.
There has to be some balance as it is contra productive and can have a bad influence on the business side if the so-called free speech principle would attract a lot of negative posting and would therefore turn advertisers away.
Because of bad, negative image.

I know Moz hates the site for the anonymous trolls who can post negative, suggestive and made up rumours and holds DavidT accountable. (remember " you know why you are banned and DavidT no, I don't know why, nobody said anything)
But that is the counterside of the free speech principle.

I still like the site for the enormous amount of info, music etcetera about Moz and the dedication of so many members and some anonymous posters, ahem, giving me pleasure and joy.
The trollposts you will have to wade through sometimes and that is annoying.

Last edited:

DRAIN THE SWAMP ! GET SOME NEW BLOOD !

I NOMINATE ME ! THE ONE AND ONLY ...

KETAMINE SUN ! FOR THE JOB !!!

:tiphat:

WATCH OUT TROLLS !!!

THERE'S GONNA BE A .......

:cool:

you never needed moderators on here till Benjamin the british butcher turned up with his posse of brummie boy and a few others.ruined it for everybody,still say you cant post till you set up an account.

I fail to see how expressing my thoughts 'ruins it for everybody'. This is the usual attempt to instigate a censorship regime so this site becomes a 'safe space' for insecure Morrissey 'fans.. Fans who simply cannot cope with the fact that there is also an Audience who may enjoy the music whilst finding Morrissey an object of almost constant ridicule. Those who want to see how badly things can go with 'enhanced moderator powers' are invited to study the following ridiculous site:

http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/site/

You really do have a choice how you respond to views that you disagree with.

I fail to see how expressing my thoughts 'ruins it for everybody'. This is the usual attempt to instigate a censorship regime so this site becomes a 'safe space' for insecure Morrissey 'fans.. Fans who simply cannot cope with the fact that there is also an Audience who may enjoy the music whilst finding Morrissey an object of almost constant ridicule. Those who want to see how badly things can go with 'enhanced moderator powers' are invited to study the following ridiculous site:

When certain users of this site criticize Morrissey for whatever reason, there really is no need to use certain offensive terms Brummie. Nobody wants to read that on a fan site. A fan wouldn't use those terms right?

And when a moderator is being abusive and the other moderators do nothing then that sets the tone that the usual suspects take up. As Eustace says above, "Morrissey.solo is such a potentially brilliant bastion for discussion about the man, myth and legend that is the mutually loved Mozmeister, but there's a real tendency to see things deteriorate into spite".

I will not vote here because that decision belongs exclusively to the owner of the site.

Anyway, I must say more than a few times I had the impression that it seems to be a double standard when a member posts an insult and a moderator posts an insult. It seems that being a moderator gives you a free pass to commit all the deeds common people are not allowed to. Just like royalty privileges. Oh wait, what a coincidence!

I think being a moderator should enhance your public conduct, not give someone an excuse to behave like a bully or make people who post here worry about their ip adresses, which is a sesitive topic. It's a matter of personal responsibility of moderators. But that's just my opinion, of course.

On the other hand, I'm more than happy with this site. I never was censored posting with my username. There is a lot of information about Morrissey and that is great.

Last edited:

Maybe inviting people to visit other sites instead of answering the critics you are receiving for your conduct here is not the best policy. It's just a way to avoid a proper answer. Unless you own this site or you support it just to have a chance to spill your sick contradictory feelings about Morrissey to a wider audience. Please let us know if that's the situation.

Maybe a mod that calls everyone who doesn't agrees with his crackpot views "Nazis" would be an upgrade LOL
For sure.

Maybe inviting people to visit other sites instead of answering the critics you are receiving for your conduct here is not the best policy. It's just a way to avoid a proper answer. Unless you own this site or you support it just to have a chance to spill your sick contradictory feelings about Morrissey to a wider audience. Please let us know if that's the situation.

'Please let us know'

Who is 'us'?

Take your Group Think & stick it up your arse.

Back
Top Bottom