Morrissey Central Dog on a Chain - genuine number 1 album in Scotland

This surely deserves its own thread.
It's a genuine number 1 in Scotland, folks, i.e. not just on some dodgy Amazon/indie/iTunes etc. chart.
I'm guessing it will be the only country on the planet where he gets a proper #1.
He's said before how much he likes Scotland and the 'Scottish spirit'. It seems the feeling is mutual.
Well done Steve!

UPDATE 9:26 AM PT:

Link posted by Nerak:

THANK YOU, SCOTLAND !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just woke up in a cold sweat. SIX THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED AND TWENTY GETS YOU TO NUMBER THREE. How are any musicians making a living?

Gigs, licencing, branding, sidelines, investments.

Moz is used to low sales & grubbing about, he's always been a cult artist - but for some of the mainstreamers, they've missed out on all the money/glamour of pop that existed up until the producers took over in the late 90s. Half of them may as well be selling face creams on QVC.

This surely deserves its own thread.
It's a genuine number 1 in Scotland, folks, i.e. not just on some dodgy Amazon/indie/iTunes etc. chart.
I'm guessing it will be the only country on the planet where he gets a proper #1.
He's said before how much he likes Scotland and the 'Scottish spirit'. It seems the feeling is mutual.
Well done Steve!

UPDATE 9:26 AM PT:

Link posted by Nerak:

THANK YOU, SCOTLAND !!!!
I wonder if Jimmy Jimmy falls are in Scotland (he he) - great news for a great sounding album with an interesting and very entertaining lyrical experience

Moz is used to low sales & grubbing about, he's always been a cult artist - but for some of the mainstreamers, they've missed out on all the money/glamour of pop that existed up until the producers took over in the late 90s. Half of them may as well be selling face creams on QVC.
"......grubbing about" what does that even mean? He's had a successful career to date and will continue to do so and the thing is you know that...makes him sound like a busker under The Heilanman's Umbrella!

I wonder if Jimmy Jimmy falls are in Scotland (he he) - great news for a great sounding album with an interesting and very entertaining lyrical experience
Maybe they are, closer to Manchester than Australia! Also perhaps Bobby, Don't You Think They Know is about Bobby Bluebell of legendary Scottish band The Bluebells??? I'm guessing he wouldn't want it to be though!

"......grubbing about" what does that even mean? He's had a successful career to date and will continue to do so and the thing is you know that...makes him sound like a busker under The Heilanman's Umbrella!

oh, I just meant a career that's had fits & starts... although I tend to think of showbiz as purgatory with canapes.

And whether you agree or not Morrissey is mainstream and I'm sure that's where he want's to be, the success he's had for nearly 40 years is WAY beyond the level of a "cult artist".

And whether you agree or not Morrissey is mainstream and I'm sure that's where he want's to be, the success he's had for nearly 40 years is WAY beyond the level of a "cult artist".

cult artists often are successful, but they're a little too quirky to be mainstream.

I don't see it as a bad thing, they usually last far longer than mainstream artists & go on to be bigger outside of their era than they were in it.

oh, I just meant a career that's had fits & starts... although I tend to think of showbiz as purgatory with canapes.
Well, he did once sing There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends ?

cult artists often are successful, but they're a little too quirky to be mainstream.

I don't see it as a bad thing, they usually last far longer than mainstream artists & go on to be bigger outside of their era than they were in it.
I get the impression you are a younger Moz fan and haven't been on board from the start of his career and I don't mean any offence in saying that. I've followed him from The Smiths beginnings to present day and it's been one helluva ride and an absolute privilege to see his career unfold. I don't look at him as "quirky" at all, he's a solid character with a mind of his own, with a Worldwide following that likely includes millions of fans. I've noticed through several threads that you do say things that are complimentary but lack an understanding of his career path which is why I'm thinking you may be a younger fan?

#VegAnarchyInWuhanHubei

is now

#VegAnarchyInTheUK

is now

#VegAnarchyInTheUSA...

#WuFlu! #WuFlu!

"a small outlier subset of sociopathic Sino-cusinists are almost a sub-species when it comes to animal rights and Sentience in China. The vast decent and compassionate citizens of China are powerless to effect change whilst the Chinese Communist Party panders to party quacks who claim to be atheists but put their trust in a faith-based epistemology centred on entirely unscientific claims made regarding so-called 'Chinese Traditional Medicine' which sources 'rememdies' from known animal vectors of zoonotic coronavirus transmission to humans, such as bats, civet cats and pangolins. Unless China changes its ways radically and immediately they must be quaranteened from the rest of humanity in so far as the predatory Disaster Capiltalism which offshored strategic production to China allows as it slowly unravels as #Deglobalisation, #Onshoring and strategic supply chains are restored to Nation States from feral trans-national corporations. #ProximityIsTheNewEconomy is the coming post-Pandemic world after #Covid19 #coronavirus is dealt with by science, not by Chinese Traditional Snakeoil..etc " Andy Mooney

[sample taken from 'Song 2' by Blur, commonly known as the 'Woo Hoo!' song]

[sample from 'Smells Like Jaibao Spirits' Andy Mooney' upcycled remix of the song 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' by Nirvana]

[sample from 'Anarchy In The UK' by the Sex Pistols]

'Terrified dogs and cats crammed into rusty cages. Bats and scorpions offered for sale as traditional medicine. Rabbits and ducks slaughtered and skinned side by side on a stone floor covered with blood, filth, and animal remains.

Those were the deeply troubling scenes yesterday as China celebrated its 'victory' over the coronavirus by reopening squalid meat markets of the type that started the pandemic three months ago, with no apparent attempt to raise hygiene standards to prevent a future outbreak.

As the pandemic that began in Wuhan forced countries worldwide to go into lockdown, a Mail on Sunday correspondent yesterday watched as thousands of customers flocked to a sprawling indoor market in Guilin, south-west China.

Cats waiting to be slaughtered for their meat in a market in Guilin, Southwest China

Here cages of different species were piled on top of each other. In another meat market in Dongguan, southern China, another correspondent photographed a medicine seller returning to business on Thursday with a billboard advertising bats – thought to be the cause of the initial Wuhan outbreak – along with scorpions and other creatures.

The shocking scenes came as China finally lifted a weekslong nationwide lockdown and encouraged people to go back to normal daily life to boost the flagging economy. Official statistics indicated there were virtually no new infections.

The market in Guilin was packed with shoppers yesterday, with fresh dog and cat meat on offer, a traditional 'warming' winter dish.

A traditional medicine stall at Dongguan market in southern China advertising bats and other wild animals as legitimate remedies for common ailments

'Everyone here believes the outbreak is over and there's nothing to worry about any more. It's just a foreign problem now as far as they are concerned,' said one of the China-based correspondents who captured these images for The Mail on Sunday.

The correspondent who visited Dongguan said: 'The markets have gone back to operating in exactly the same way as they did before coronavirus.

'The only difference is that security guards try to stop anyone taking pictures which would never have happened before.'

The first coronavirus cases were traced to a market in Wuhan but the outbreak was kept silent by officials for weeks and whistleblowers were silenced, including 33-yearold Dr Li Wenliang, who later died of coronavirus.

Dogs and rabbits are butchered and sold at a meat market in Guilin, southwest China, on Saturday, 28 March 2020 despite infection concerns about this type of market

Now, after a dramatic fall in infection rates within China, the Beijing government is promoting conspiracy theories that the outbreak did not begin in China at all.

A discredited story, shared widely on China's Weibo social media platform, claims coronavirus was first detected in Italy in November.

Meanwhile, Chinese officials have promoted groundless conspiracy theories that the US Army brought the virus to its shores.

The only Chinese city still under lockdown yesterday was Wuhan, but yesterday even the restrictions there began to be lifted, with high-speed trains allowed to operate.'

Last edited:
#VegAnarchyInWuhanHubei

is now

#VegAnarchyInTheUK

is now

#VegAnarchyInTheUSA...

#WuFlu! #WuFlu!

"a small outlier subset of sociopathic Sino-cusinists are almost a sub-species when it comes to animal rights and Sentience in China. The vast decent and compassionate citizens of China are powerless to effect change whilst the Chinese Communist Party panders to party quacks who claim to be atheists but put their trust in a faith-based epistemology centred on entirely unscientific claims made regarding so-called 'Chinese Traditional Medicine' which sources 'rememdies' from known animal vectors of zoonotic coronavirus transmission to humans, such as bats, civet cats and pangolins. Unless China changes its ways radically and immediately they must be quaranteened from the rest of humanity in so far as the predatory Disaster Capiltalism which offshored strategic production to China allows as it slowly unravels as #Deglobalisation, #Onshoring and strategic supply chains are restored to Nation States from feral trans-national corporations. #ProximityIsTheNewEconomy is the coming post-Pandemic world after #Covid19 #coronavirus is dealt with by science, not by Chinese Traditional Snakeoil..etc " Andy Mooney

[sample taken from 'Song 2' by Blur, commonly known as the 'Woo Hoo!' song]

[sample from 'Smells Like Jaibao Spirits' Andy Mooney' upcycled remix of the song 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' by Nirvana]

[sample from 'Anarchy In The UK' by the Sex Pistols]

'Terrified dogs and cats crammed into rusty cages. Bats and scorpions offered for sale as traditional medicine. Rabbits and ducks slaughtered and skinned side by side on a stone floor covered with blood, filth, and animal remains.

Those were the deeply troubling scenes yesterday as China celebrated its 'victory' over the coronavirus by reopening squalid meat markets of the type that started the pandemic three months ago, with no apparent attempt to raise hygiene standards to prevent a future outbreak.

As the pandemic that began in Wuhan forced countries worldwide to go into lockdown, a Mail on Sunday correspondent yesterday watched as thousands of customers flocked to a sprawling indoor market in Guilin, south-west China.

Cats waiting to be slaughtered for their meat in a market in Guilin, Southwest China

Here cages of different species were piled on top of each other. In another meat market in Dongguan, southern China, another correspondent photographed a medicine seller returning to business on Thursday with a billboard advertising bats – thought to be the cause of the initial Wuhan outbreak – along with scorpions and other creatures.

The shocking scenes came as China finally lifted a weekslong nationwide lockdown and encouraged people to go back to normal daily life to boost the flagging economy. Official statistics indicated there were virtually no new infections.

The market in Guilin was packed with shoppers yesterday, with fresh dog and cat meat on offer, a traditional 'warming' winter dish.

A traditional medicine stall at Dongguan market in southern China advertising bats and other wild animals as legitimate remedies for common ailments

'Everyone here believes the outbreak is over and there's nothing to worry about any more. It's just a foreign problem now as far as they are concerned,' said one of the China-based correspondents who captured these images for The Mail on Sunday.

The correspondent who visited Dongguan said: 'The markets have gone back to operating in exactly the same way as they did before coronavirus.

'The only difference is that security guards try to stop anyone taking pictures which would never have happened before.'

The first coronavirus cases were traced to a market in Wuhan but the outbreak was kept silent by officials for weeks and whistleblowers were silenced, including 33-yearold Dr Li Wenliang, who later died of coronavirus.

Dogs and rabbits are butchered and sold at a meat market in Guilin, southwest China, on Saturday, 28 March 2020 despite infection concerns about this type of market

Now, after a dramatic fall in infection rates within China, the Beijing government is promoting conspiracy theories that the outbreak did not begin in China at all.

A discredited story, shared widely on China's Weibo social media platform, claims coronavirus was first detected in Italy in November.

Meanwhile, Chinese officials have promoted groundless conspiracy theories that the US Army brought the virus to its shores.

The only Chinese city still under lockdown yesterday was Wuhan, but yesterday even the restrictions there began to be lifted, with high-speed trains allowed to operate.'

Quite shocking really, that Mail article.
Will they ever learn? Chinese markets are still selling bats and slaughtering rabbits on blood-soaked floors as Beijing celebrates 'victory' over the coronavirus

May as well get ready for the next round of covid...

BRUMMIE BOY : EXCELLENT REPORT!!! if you had already read that these chinese returned to the charge,they are disgusting Morrissey is right to say,that they are a subspecies,without a doubt that the crown came from there it was a virus of animals that by genetic recombination killed and acquired infecting power in human beings,these chinese are responsible for this pandemic, as it happened before with other coronaviruses, they with their shitty habits are the ones that originated all this disaster and continue to do so,the world's gobernments should ask for explanations and demand from china to ban all those markets,they should isolate them from the world ,not to trade wih these guys anymore, .They are truly a suck:gun::gun:

Third week after release Dog On A Chain is still in the Scottish Top 40 Album Chart at No.39, very respectable.

IANADOAC at No.47 in Scottish Top 100 Album Chart this week, still decent.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom