Portsmouth Guildhall 10th July and Reading Rivermead 12th July added

Famous when dead added:

Morrissey just announced more UK tour dates for summer 2018 - NME

Wed July 04 2018 – EDINBURGH Usher Hall
Sat July 07 2018 – MANCHESTER Castlefield Bowl
Sun July 08 2018 – MANCHESTER Castlefield Bowl
Tue July 10 2018 – PORTSMOUTH Guildhall
Thu July 12 2018 – READING Rivermead

Tickets for the added gigs to go on sale from 10 am, Friday - June 1st.

43182_2018_uk2_poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Still tickuts in pawtsmerf?

RE: Parking for Rivermead. There is a large car park at Rivermead. You should be OK providing you park up early. I'm not sure what restrictions/charges they put in place later on. Other than that, most of the roads around the area have parking restrictions. There is a large 24 hr Tesco, about 10 minute walk away which you can park in. However it's a bit of pain due to road works and they've made the road one way for the time being.

Been really slow moving but all seats are now sold for Usher Hall, Edinburgh. Not sure how many standing remain.

Been really slow moving but all seats are now sold for Usher Hall, Edinburgh. Not sure how many standing remain.

They are still available on the middle balcony on Ticketmasters site. Incredible that with 2 weeks to go, not a single show is sold out?

In 2016 in Manchester Morrissey sold out the Arena and now he can’t sell out a venue half the size in his home.Two weeks to go and you can still buy standing tickets for every date on the tour. Wonder what has changed. The fact his has been outed as a right wing sympathiser

Couple of months after previous tour

Still bizarre that neither Manchester gig has sold out. Can’t think of any other time Castlefield hasn't been sold out for a Manchester band/artist.
He should have kept it as one night only

Sorry I should have clarified it is the Usher Hall themselves who have no seating tickets left.

Never seen Moz tickets sell as slow as this.

Two nights at Castlefield, five months after shows in Leeds/London, factor in a 'challenging' setlist , this is what you get? I think he may pull Sunday. Humiliating either way, perhaps.

I was extremely surprised to see the second night booked in Manchester.

Two nights at Castlefield, five months after shows in Leeds/London, factor in a 'challenging' setlist , this is what you get?

Yeah, that's got to be a complete explanation. Any artist who tries to play more than about four gigs in the same country in a single year is asking for trouble. Certainly, all the evidence suggests that there are very few people at all bothered about Moz positioning himself on the far right, so that's going to be completely irrelevant.

Yeah, that's got to be a complete explanation. Any artist who tries to play more than about four gigs in the same country in a single year is asking for trouble. Certainly, all the evidence suggests that there are very few people at all bothered about Moz positioning himself on the far right, so that's going to be completely irrelevant.
There's no evidence to suggest that a few posts on Morrissey Central have had any impact on ticket sales. It's more likely to be market saturation, lack of promo and high ticket prices. £50, those shows sell out.

But yeah, "racist".

There's no evidence to suggest that a few posts on Morrissey Central have had any impact on ticket sales. It's more likely to be market saturation, lack of promo and high ticket prices. £50, those shows sell out.

But yeah, "racist".

I think you may be detecting irony where none was intended. Obviously, no-one thinks Morrissey is a racist. That's clear even from the most cursory glance at social media. And why would they, given that nothing could be further from the truth? It's got to be down a combination of the tickets being too expensive, absence of the usual inescapable TV ads, Brexit, poor astrological conditions, fear of terrorism and the wrong sort of snow.

I think you may be detecting irony where none was intended. Obviously, no-one thinks Morrissey is a racist. That's clear even from the most cursory glance at social media. And why would they, given that nothing could be further from the truth? It's got to be down a combination of the tickets being too expensive, absence of the usual inescapable TV ads, Brexit, poor astrological conditions, fear of terrorism and the wrong sort of snow.
Slightly different perspective then, if he doesn't say those things about AMW and For Britain, are these shows insta-sellouts? At that price, off the back of a single that was played on 6Music six months ago and no mainstream press, a la Johnny Marr over the past few weeks?
Honestly, I don't think the common denominator here is 'politics'. Most of the people giving off about him on social media, from what I can see, are kids/people who have always hated him/don't really know him. They were probably never going to snap up all these unsold tickets.

Spoken to a lot of long term fans up here and for everyone saying they are not going due to alleged racism ten are saying they are not going due to ticket prices.

Reading an article recently that said a lot of artists much bigger than Morrissey have struggled to sell tour dates. Taylor Swift being the main one.

The fact remains it was cheaper to get a ticket to see The Rolling Stones in Edinburgh than it is to get a Morrissey standing ticket for the Usher Hall..

Having said all that....I can't wait !

Yeah, I’m heading to both nights and can’t wait, another “die hard” friend of mine is giving it a miss because £70 is just too much. It looks jarring written down, very different to even £60. It’s definitely in the “think twice” price bracket.

Didn’t Arcade Fire also struggle with ticket sales this time round?

Still bizarre that neither Manchester gig has sold out. Can’t think of any other time Castlefield hasn't been sold out for a Manchester band/artist.

It's not bizarre at all. Two or three years ago, Steve played just one UK concert all year, and that was Manchester Arena (capacity 21,000). Even that solitary date didn't sell out.
Castlefield on 2 nights = 17,000 which isn't much less. Most people that want to see him have already done so on the arena tour just a few months ago.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom