Education In Reverse - what’s it worth?

ringrosso

Throbbing Member
Assuming it is EX/EX
What is Education In Reverse worth?

Many thanks,

70 quid then

I was considering buying it. Which I did. VG+/Ex Cover - mint Vinyl.

Thanks for the replies.

I have a cassette version of Education in Reverse. Mint condition - what’s it worth?

I wondered about this. I looked at release info.

Recorded during winter 1987.
© & ℗ 1988

The working title for this album was "Education In Reverse" and was changed to "Viva Hate" at the last minute.
Australia and New Zealand weren't told and the album was released as "Education In Reverse". However, according to Morrissey's autobiography the label actually refused to use the correct title "Viva Hate".

Most copies were recalled, but some still exist (Cassette and LP).

Included inner sleeve with credits and lyrics 'reprinted by kind permission of Warner Bros. Music Australia Pty. Limited and MCPS'.

- https://www.discogs.com/release/1585968-Morrissey-Education-In-Reverse

I wondered about this. I looked at release info.

Recorded during winter 1987.
© & ℗ 1988

The working title for this album was "Education In Reverse" and was changed to "Viva Hate" at the last minute.
Australia and New Zealand weren't told and the album was released as "Education In Reverse". However, according to Morrissey's autobiography the label actually refused to use the correct title "Viva Hate".

Most copies were recalled, but some still exist (Cassette and LP).

Included inner sleeve with credits and lyrics 'reprinted by kind permission of Warner Bros. Music Australia Pty. Limited and MCPS'.

- https://www.discogs.com/release/1585968-Morrissey-Education-In-Reverse
I always understood the story to be that of Australia and New Zealand refusing to use the title Viva Hate, which is f***ing pathetic of this part of the world as per usual. I never heard this other story saying Education In Reverse was always the OG title. When It came out here I was just a kid so I never thought twice about it. It was always Education In Reverse for me, until we started getting Viva Hate copies shipped to stores here and the EIR versions dried up.

To retitle the album because of offence caused, it seems too good a title to slap on at the last minute. I really like it, but in time I grew to like and know the album as Viva Hate. It's also a different colour to my Viva Hate of the same period, but not glaringly different. My copy of Education in Reverse is in pretty good condition but it's definitely not mint :)

Education In Reverse makes sense as the title for a 1st solo record, in which he had to learn how to make albums all over again - he did say in at least 1 interview at the time that it was like going back to the start.

Education In Reverse makes sense as the title for a 1st solo record, in which he had to learn how to make albums all over again - he did say in at least 1 interview at the time that it was like going back to the start.
Yeah I vaguely remember him saying something like that too. I also took it to mean something like a sleight on society as if he thought people were getting dumber while they thought they were getting smarter.

Back
Top Bottom