Eindhoven - Muziekgebouw (Aug. 5, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / People Are The Same Everwhere / Scandinavia / Black Cloud / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / Irish Blood, English Heart / Action Is My Middle Name / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Speedway / Meat is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by Gino Frijns

Concert photos by Steven Wallraf at yourconcertshots.com - link posted by YourConcertShots

Last edited:
Google translated interviews never fail to amuse. :p

"Until you can stand me no more!" was how Morrissey opened his gig last night at Eindhoven.

Well, we might reach that point pretty soon.

He started with "Everyday Is Like Sunday" which was butchered by his band in the most painfull and embarrassing way imaginable. Same goes for "There is a light that never goes out". What should have been highlights of the evening were reduced to nothing more than a poor opening.

Morrissey, if you are reading this (and we all know you do) please fire your band. ALL of them! They are destroying what is left of your career. They can't hold a tune if their life depended on it. Every song sounded exactly the same: one big cluncky mess.

As for Morrissey himself, he seemed moody and bored. There was absolutely no chemistry between him and the audience. I have to give the dutch crowd credit for cheering him on, even though it was obvious that he was performing with the same zest I have for doing the dishes or mowing the lawn. Just another job the do.

"I know it's over" was the highlight of the show. The one song that Morrissey truly sang with conviction. Maybe because deep down he knows it's true. It's over.

I know it's over.

I will not be going to any more Morrissey gigs. This was the final straw. Yesterday evening had nothing to do with music. It was all about filling his retirement fund. Uninspired and lackluster. How sad.

Anyway, I'm off to the Gay Pride Canal Parade in Amsterdam. Time to have some real fun! :thumb:

Erik you've been saying the same since 2004.

"Until you can stand me no more!" was how Morrissey opened his gig last night at Eindhoven.

He started with "Everyday Is Like Sunday" which was butchered by his band in the most painfull and embarrassing way imaginable. Same goes for "There is a light that never goes out". What should have been highlights of the evening were reduced to nothing more than a poor opening.

Morrissey, if you are reading this (and we all know you do) please fire your band. ALL of them! They are destroying what is left of your career. They can't hold a tune if their life depended on it. Every song sounded exactly the same: one big cluncky mess.

As for Morrissey himself, he seemed moody and bored. There was absolutely no chemistry between him and the audience. I have to give the dutch crowd credit for cheering him on, even though it was obvious that he was performing with the same zest I have for doing the dishes or mowing the lawn. Just another job the do.

"I know it's over" was the highlight of the show. The one song that Morrissey truly sang with conviction. Maybe because deep down he knows it's true. It's over.

I know it's over.

I will not be going to any more Morrissey gigs. This was the final straw. Yesterday evening had nothing to do with music. It was all about filling his retirement fund. Uninspired and lackluster. How sad.

Anyway, I'm off to the Gay Pride Canal Parade in Amsterdam. Time to have some real fun! :thumb:

Does this mean you won't come back onto Morrissey-solo?

(*HOPES*)

Some of you saddos need to man up!!!

So what if he did first of the gang etc... they are crowd pleasers. There is always going to be songs that you want him to do but he doesn't.

I think the setlists so far have been fantastic... the new songs are pretty decent and Morrissey is on top form.

Moz Solo is the biggest load of shit, some of you are so far up your own arses its untrue, you all need to chill the f*** out and just enjoy the music; stop taking it all so seriously.

Some of you saddos need to man up!!!

So what if he did first of the gang etc... they are crowd pleasers. There is always going to be songs that you want him to do but he doesn't.

I think the setlists so far have been fantastic... the new songs are pretty decent and Morrissey is on top form.

Moz Solo is the biggest load of shit, some of you are so far up your own arses its untrue, you all need to chill the f*** out and just enjoy the music; stop taking it all so seriously.

Why post in this forum if you think morrissey-solo sucks?

You didn't even bother do view it, did you Desert Pilot?

If you did, you'd be outraged at the hypocrisy (and stunning stupidity) of PETA and Morrissey.

You offer a "yawn" yet you don't even know what you're yawning about.

Typical shallow, mind numbed robot.

You didn't even bother do view it, did you Desert Pilot?

If you did, you'd be outraged at the hypocrisy (and stunning stupidity) of PETA and Morrissey.

You offer a "yawn" yet you don't even know what you're yawning about.

Typical shallow, mind numbed robot.

I wonder if Morrissey will add some new songs for the London shows?

I know it's over.

Is Morrissey the Master of Ceremonies at the Parade

Erik you've been saying the same since 2004.

Yes you are right,
postings from Eric Hartman :

may 2 , 2011
Morrissey has lost it. He's just a bitter, vile old queen.

I could rant on, but enough said.
March 7 2011
God, enough of the semi-naked sleeves allready.

Oh well, It could be worse. At least no hairy butt crack this time.
Feb 24 2011
I would kick his ass for releasing yet another greatest hits album.

Feb 21 2011

Oh dear, quelle fashion mistake!

Thanks Eric for your postings , you are a real Morrissey fan.:thumb:

Yes you are right,
postings from Eric Hartman :

may 2 , 2011

March 7 2011

Feb 24 2011

Feb 21 2011

Thanks Eric for your postings , you are a real Morrissey fan.:thumb:

Haha tnx for the research, the record is miserable and portrays the troll busy as a bee LOL. And this is only during 2011. He has been nasty for years that geek.

I know it's over.

i think it all went down hill when stevie stopped taking his top off.

12/12/1986 - It's a long way since then. In many senses of the phrase. As much as the potential, intellect and ability are as bright as they have ever been, the realisation is increasingly poor and sounds laboured. "I know it's over" ? I hope not

One truly wonders if all the semi-harsh criticisms are correct?! If so; Steven Street & Alain Whyte, where are you? A voice in the far off distance says, "My Life Is a Never Ending Succession of People Saying Good-Bye ". It' almost heartbreaking. But then again, it's all hear say, conjecture, lies. Right? The distant voice is heard again , but this time sadly; "Well they weren't lies, they weren't lies, they weren't lies. We all must say, "in our own sick way , we'll always stay true to you". I say ,"people where you come from,you survive without feelings or blood....I never could, stoned to death..!!". Fire away!

Makes no difference what he started said or encored with this tour has been a universal flop a disasterous foolish jaunt by a stupid self centered fame struck shallow man.

I think there is a big difference between Morrissey not having a lot of good press and the tour itself being a universal flop.

Good ticket sales and a lot of happy fans in terms of getting to see Morrissey. The other stuff has put a dark aura around the past month or so but you have to separate the two.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom