Eminem likes Morrissey?

Hundreds of car alarms are going off in streets all over London after Mark Simpson read the title of this thread and had a spontaneous 8.2 Richter scale orgasm.

Hundreds of car alarms are going off in streets all over London after Mark Simpson read the title of this thread and had a spontaneous 8.2 Richter scale orgasm.

I'm afraid car alarm is now banned in UK. :o

People always gotta hate.

no i don think he is a fan but the photographer who set this up surely is....

Do you really think he'd allow a crapload of Morrissey "quotes" on his official site if he didn't like him?

I agree I think the one simliarity Morrissey and Eminem have is that they understand the power of their respective images and the need to control the public perception of their persona's.

An ability to perpetuate the myth so to speak.

I've always thought that that is the secret of Morrissey's longevity and although no fan of hip hop I think Marshall M has constructed his career with the same understanding. Mystique and attention to detail are everything.

So my point is.........I too doubt something would end up on his official website without his consent. I bet he's the kinda guy who notices every little single detail (al la Moz) and my guess would be that the obscure Smiths references are there because he wants them to be there (and although Moz fans love a good conspiracy theory, this time I don't think it's our imaginations. These are definite Moz/Smiths references).

Funnily I always thought that 'Paint a Vulgar Picture' would be the one song Em could sample which would work. A nice anti-music biz rant over Johnny's lovely hooks with the 'I danced my legs down to my knees' part as the chorus. Or possibly the 'at the record company meeting' part.

Ok I'm ready to be burned at the stake by fellow posters now.

I agree I think the one simliarity Morrissey and Eminem have is that they understand the power of their respective images and the need to control the public perception of their persona's.

An ability to perpetuate the myth so to speak.

I've always thought that that is the secret of Morrissey's longevity and although no fan of hip hop I think Marshall M has constructed his career with the same understanding. Mystique and attention to detail are everything.

So my point is.........I too doubt something would end up on his official website without his consent. I bet he's the kinda guy who notices every little single detail (al la Moz) and my guess would be that the obscure Smiths references are there because he wants them to be there (and although Moz fans love a good conspiracy theory, this time I don't think it's our imaginations. These are definite Moz/Smiths references).

Funnily I always thought that 'Paint a Vulgar Picture' would be the one song Em could sample which would work. A nice anti-music biz rant over Johnny's lovely hooks with the 'I danced my legs down to my knees' part as the chorus. Or possibly the 'at the record company meeting' part.

Ok I'm ready to be burned at the stake by fellow posters now.

I do so agree with this post.

What makes you this pessimistic, my friend?

Cause I once had the temerity (on this very forum) to suggest that 'Paint a Vulgar Picture' would be a good song for Marshall M to cover and got the proverbial spanking (and not by a wet plimsoll I might add!)

Do you really think he'd allow a crapload of Morrissey "quotes" on his official site if he didn't like him?
yes because I bet 100 percent he dont know the orginal source of the quote ...
that quote is probably presented to him by whoever created it 8the site/the photographer etc)and maybe also was told who did wrote that...and he thought :" yeah this sounds fitting in my situation...morrissey did write that..okay then..dont know much about this "dude" but i like this line..lets use it..."and that doesnt make him a fan AND I DOUBT THaT HE SPENT ANY TIME LISTENING TO THE MUSIC and if he does who cares....

i dont care about eminem anyway-i just see no reason listening to him....there was never a time when i sit down and thought to myself yeah now i want to hear a song about stabbing lesbians!
when imangry i have other angry music to listen too
theyre is one way to use violence against women or in general in lyrics and another..and just because he performed with elton john doenst make him less homophobic(thats a ridicilous argument anyway) and mysogynist

there is one way singing "hooray" about the incident of a girl drowning,killing a nun or lost th face in womenahood after she choose another one over him..i can see the humour there....

but i cant see any humour in these lyrics

''My words are like a dagger with a jagged edge
That'll stab you in the head
whether you're a fag or lez
Or the homosex, hermaph or a trans-a-vest
Pants or dress - hate fags? The answer's "yes"

Fukc that, take drugs, rape sluts
Make fun of gay clubs, men who wear make-up
etc etc
i dont wanna get into his hatelyrics against his ex wife,....raping underage girls etc
and if someone argue with "He doesn't mean it". "It's all ironic". ..
prove that! he doesnt sound like someone who doesnt mean it and whsts your prove that he mean it in an ironic way?
what i find disturbing that he didnt become famous in spite of this homophobic and misogynist lyrics but because of them...
and if its indeed ironic i can tell you: the majorityof his fans for (esp the younger male ones) doesnt get the "irony" at all...

and just the case that "he loves his daughter" doesnt make him less misogynist than he is...

and i dont find his way of rhyming specifically talented....and he isnt the only guy who makes it out of "the gutter"so he gets praise for that reason
and i get a headache from his voice

and i dont reject all hip hop i like it when the lyrics mean something to me: like politicsal issues brought up in a intelligent way and some hip hop which i can just dance too but where the lyrics are not that hateful like in eminem`s case
political issues yes people can call that "oh thats what white middle class students would say/like"
but im not middle class anyway...and not a student

frankly,eminem can kiss my a**

Last edited:
Cause I once had the temerity (on this very forum) to suggest that 'Paint a Vulgar Picture' would be a good song for Marshall M to cover and got the proverbial spanking (and not by a wet plimsoll I might add!)

Lurk, observe, and see who's online before you make statements like that, forums, as we all know, ar war.

yes because I bet 100 percent he dont know the orginal source of the quote ...
that quote is probably presented to him by whoever created it 8the site/the photographer etc)and maybe also was told who did wrote that...and he thought :" yeah this sounds fitting in my situation...morrissey did write that..okay then..dont know much about this "dude" but i like this line..lets use it..."and that doesnt make him a fan AND I DOUBT THaT HE SPENT ANY TIME LISTENING TO THE MUSIC and if he does who cares....

i dont care about eminem anyway-i just see no reason listening to him....there was never a time when i sit down and thought to myself yeah now i want to hear a song about stabbing lesbians!
when imangry i have other angry music to listen too
theyre is one way to use violence against women or in general in lyrics and another..and just because he performed with elton john doenst make him less homophobic(thats a ridicilous argument anyway) and mysogynist

there is one way singing "hooray" about the incident of a girl drowning,killing a nun or lost th face in womenahood after she choose another one over him..i can see the humour there....

but i cant see any humour in these lyrics

''My words are like a dagger with a jagged edge
That'll stab you in the head
whether you're a fag or lez
Or the homosex, hermaph or a trans-a-vest
Pants or dress - hate fags? The answer's "yes"

Fukc that, take drugs, rape sluts
Make fun of gay clubs, men who wear make-up
etc etc
i dont wanna get into his hatelyrics against his ex wife,....raping underage girls etc
and if someone argue with "He doesn't mean it". "It's all ironic". ..
prove that! he doesnt sound like someone who doesnt mean it and whsts your prove that he mean it in an ironic way?
what i find disturbing that he didnt become famous in spite of this homophobic and misogynist lyrics but because of them...
and if its indeed ironic i can tell you: the majorityof his fans for (esp the younger male ones) doesnt get the "irony" at all...

and just the case that "he loves his daughter" doesnt make him less misogynist than he is...

and i dont find his way of rhyming specifically talented....and he isnt the only guy who makes it out of "the gutter"so he gets praise for that reason
and i get a headache from his voice

and i dont reject all hip hop i like it when the lyrics mean something to me: like politicsal issues brought up in aintelligent way a´nd somehip hop which i can dance too but where the yrics are not that hateful like i eminem`s case
political issues yes people can call that "oh thats what white middle class students would say/like"
but im not middle class anyway...and not a student

frankly,eminem can kiss my a**

Rap is one of the most willingly and verbally provocating genres in musical existence. This plain fact and several interviews of Eminem that I now can't be arsed to search for, clearly tell that he does by far not mean every word he writes or has written. He'd be the first musician in this world to do so.

And we'll never really know, yes, but I'm 100% sure, that (like bhops said), Eminem's most certainly someone who does precisely know what goes on his official website and what doesn't. Morissey's lyrics are most likely there for a reason.

As for the misunderstood irony (on which I do agree with you), I'd like to quote Morrissey who said "The people who aren't listening shouldn't be catered for, they should be ignored. [...] Why not just assume that everybody's extremely intelligent? "

Last edited:
Lurk, observe, and see who's online before you make statements like that, forums, as we all know, ar war.

Thanks for the advice.

Loitering with intent? I always thought that would be a good title for a Moz album.

As for getting a spanking just read the post above yours.......

Oh well I'll never learn.

War? Best I put my little tin hat on and let the verbal grenades rain down upon me.

Thanks for the advice.

Loitering with intent? I always thought that would be a good title for a Moz album.

As for getting a spanking just read the post above yours.......

Oh well I'll never learn.

War? Best I put my little tin hat on and let the verbal grenades rain down upon me.

Oh come on, you're just too nice ;)
And anyway, tin hats are the latest trend, so I've been told.

so: my opinion is different to yours then..i dont like him, there was never a time i longed for his lyrics to be heard he doesnt say anything to me about my life and therefore i dont care about him.

i still thinksit did happen that way i repeat
"that quote is probably presented to him by whoever created it the site/the photographer etc)and maybe also was told who did wrote that...and he thought :" yeah this sounds fitting in my situation...morrissey did write that..okay then..dont know much about this "dude" but i like this line..lets use it..."and that doesnt make him a fan and i seriously doubt he spent any time listening to the music and if he does who cares...."

anf if he is indeed a fan and dancing around his livingroom with flowers sticking up his arse..well then he should do so:rolleyes::D
no more to be said about that guy on my part...

Last edited:
so: opinion is different to yours then..i dont like him, there was never a time i longed for his lyrics to be heardhe doesnt say anything to me about my life and therefore i dont care about him.

ifor my opion thinks it did happen that way i repeat
"that quote is probably presented to him by whoever created it 8the site/the photographer etc)and maybe also was told who did wrote that...and he thought :" yeah this sounds fitting in my situation...morrissey did write that..okay then..dont know much about this "dude" but i like this line..lets use it..."and that doesnt make him a fan and i doubt he spent any time listening to the music and if he does who cares...."

anf if he is indded fan and indeed dancing around with flowers sticking up his arse..well then he should do so:rolleyes::D
no more to be said about that guy on my part...

Grundgesetz Artikel 5...:)

We'll never ever know.

Back
Top Bottom