"England Is Mine" trailer

It looks ok.
The art house / world cinema style trailer is exactly what I'd of predicted - I think by basically including the ending in the trailer they join a huge list of other films that are totally summed up in a few minutes, but I remain optimistic.
I suspect that once seen there will be little reason to engage with it further. That said, the 'official' response will be entertaining. Lyn Boorer managed an ambiguous 'wow' today, but time will tell.
Regards,
FWD.
The Dark Knight included the very last scene in the trailer although at the time there was no way of knowing it was the final two seconds of the film.
All films give too much away in the trailer. If I'm dying to watch a new film i refuse to watch the trailer (e.g. War for Planet of The Apes, Dark Tower, IT, Star Wars).

It looks ok.
The art house / world cinema style trailer is exactly what I'd of predicted - I think by basically including the ending in the trailer they join a huge list of other films that are totally summed up in a few minutes, but I remain optimistic.
I suspect that once seen there will be little reason to engage with it further. That said, the 'official' response will be entertaining. Lyn Boorer managed an ambiguous 'wow' today, but time will tell.
Regards,
FWD.

It doesn't end with Johnny Marr knocking on the door and knowing the end of the story doesn't necessarily make for a bad film. After all everyone knew that Ian Curtis would be dead at the end of Control.

EnglandIsMine_1.jpg

Well I do think he did have some encouragement from his friends like Linder James and Duffy. It's hard to imagine being in a young band playing there first shows and not at some point make an encouraging remark to your band mates

Surely, but still a bit too Rocky-like for my taste. Or like any other trailer nowadays.I don't really get how modern directors/screen writers can always go on with the same old platitudes without occasionally attempting suicide... But it's all about money etc.

It looks promising and the ending is in a way the beginning. It could be film for the trainspotters as lots of Manchester and Morrissey references get scattered throughout the film. Great spectacles being worn by Morrissey too.

It doesn't end with Johnny Marr knocking on the door and knowing the end of the story doesn't necessarily make for a bad film. After all everyone knew that Ian Curtis would be dead at the end of Control.

EnglandIsMine_1.jpg
There is no aspect of my comment that implies it's 'bad' - it simply complies to a lot of cinematic conventions when the person concerned really would balk at them too in all reality.
The Control trailer was a tad better.
To use a Jeremy Kyle-ism: 'at the end of the day', if the people being dramatised in this film had zero to do with it and it's being constructed from the mythos then it should be taken with a pinch of salt. That doesn't relate to how 'good' it might be as a film.
The trailer minus the Moz parts could be a mold for most low budget Brit films, I just thought it might be a tiny bit different.
Regards,
FWD.

Money is printed paper and coins. We have that here in the civilised world whereas you only have bananas and coconuts and we don't want no bananas today.

When will you start to love me for my oh so funny jokes?

Why do they make films when they cannot play the music. It will sound like those Nirvana documentaries with weird music sounding a bit the same grinding on in the background.

I said "If that is so, it's better than money" because Uncleskinny said "My feeling is that is if it's something about him that he personally is not making any money out of, he won't like it". You are unloveable.

I don't know why I bother replying to you, the troll of the site. Typical me.

EnglandIsMine_1.jpg

Same with Jim Morrison dying at the end of the doors. These are things every common fan knows, how the smiths started, but I also think we here believe every common fan also knows as much about morrissey as we do especially this part of his life. I dont think so many people know about the nosebleeds for instance. Most average fans know the story of the smiths and the exaggerated myth is of morrissey (he never left his room etc) but his life before that I think will still be somewhat surprising to those who see it. A little to earnest would be my only complaint from the trailer but who knows maybe that's offset by some humor. I expect to like the movie if not love it. Also I personally thought lowdens young morrissey looked a bit like that kid from submarine

I said "If that is so, it's better than money" because Uncleskinny said "My feeling is that is if it's something about him that he personally is not making any money out of, he won't like it". You are unloveable.

I don't know why I bother replying to you, the troll of the site. Typical me.
Is it cause you perhaps like me a bit?

ty6TxWd.gif

Looks amazing.

Looks amazing.
It worries me that you are so normal these days. Did they put you on heavy meds or what?

Old CG would have slammed this poor trailer and film project and would have used a very big tool on their ankles and then posted a very scary close up where you look like the woman in "Misery".

tumblr_o7faa8y7md1uay62mo1_400.gif

He sounds just like Morrissey and it looks good. I'm looking forward to eating my words if I said it'd be shit but I can't exactly remember.

He sounds just like Morrissey and it looks good. I'm looking forward to eating my words if I said it'd be shit but I can't exactly remember.
I think I said it'd be shit but watching this trailer makes me want to fall in love with him again and it looks so well done. It'll be a good thing for him now.

I'm sure he'll nitpick the shit out of the dialogue. "I'd NEVER say that." Etc. f***, knowing how prolifically he lies I wouldn't doubt he was on set giving direction secretly half the time. :p

No shit but your expectations were low.
After seeing the trailer it changed.
No big deal.
Same with me.
Cheers marred! :thumb:

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom