"England Is Mine" trailer

Only when my father Uncleskinny tells me to.

giphy.gif

Topic is that film is shite!
You'll survive. :thumb:

At one point, didn't Morrissey claim he was never in a band with Billy Duffy? We all know he was, but I seem to recall that he claimed he wasn't.

Last edited:
The final scene in the clip where Johnny turns up sent a tingle down my spine.

It's like the ending in Rouge One when you see Vader and then Leia and you know that's when the real story begins.

At one point, didn't Morrissey claim he was never in a band with Billy Duffy? We all know he was, but I seem to recall that he claimed he wasn't.

Morrissey admits that he was in a band with Billy Duffy and the rhythm section from The Nosebleeds.

The thing he has complained about is that they were wrongly listed as The Nosebleeds (according to him).

The Dark Knight included the very last scene in the trailer although at the time there was no way of knowing it was the final two seconds of the film.
All films give too much away in the trailer. If I'm dying to watch a new film i refuse to watch the trailer (e.g. War for Planet of The Apes, Dark Tower, IT, Star Wars).

That is true. They shouldn't show scenes that go beyond the first 20 minutes. There are a lot of spoilers in trailers. It doesn't matter if people know the end of the story or not, films should surprise their public.

saw it yesterday on facebook, after I couldn't watch it here. I think I have to watch the whole film to get a good vieuw, but surely as a dedicated bloke who was 18 in 1983, and The Smiths my little secret [different times, no I'net et.], I want to see it as soon as I get the chance.

It's On

If one expects someone acting exactly like this then disappointment is guaranteed. Be open then you will probably enjoy it.

[video]

Morrissey admits that he was in a band with Billy Duffy and the rhythm section from The Nosebleeds.

The thing he has complained about is that they were wrongly listed as The Nosebleeds (according to him).

OK, good to know. Duffy has said some kind things about Morrissey over the years.

OK, good to know. Duffy has said some kind things about Morrissey over the years.

"History had trapped me for a long time, and now it must let me go. But my time with Billy is already over. He has been lassoed into joining the excellent Theatre of Hate who are ready for Top of the Pops, and rather to bury my face in the mud I am happy for him. And history takes the strangest of turns. I return to the have-nots, with more reason to cry than anyone else on earth, but Billy has left me with a parting suggestion. He tells me of a boy called Johnny Marr, who also lives in Whythenshawe and who is 'a much better guitarist than me'. The suggestion is thoughtful, but I am not the type to tap on people's windows. Luckily, Johnny Marr was the type to tap on people's windows, and Billy had also turned Johnny to face my direction."

I hope there is a sequel. They can get that guy that was the singer for Ambitious Outsiders and show him watching David Icke videos on youtube at 3am and ranting about Queen Elizardbeth.

This looks just like all the other films of the same elk. Very sorry for anyone who pays money for this. I had such high hopes which I am sure where domed to be crushed. This film doesn't appear to have an artistic bone in it's body. Boring boring boring....

This looks just like all the other films of the same elk. Very sorry for anyone who pays money for this. I had such high hopes which I am sure where domed to be crushed. This film doesn't appear to have an artistic bone in it's body. Boring boring boring....

Oh man. You just made THE BOOK. That is Grade-A beautiful.

I bet the actor could sound just like M, but when filming the director cut him short saying... Don't try to sound like M, because no one talks like that in reality and the unknowing public will be weirded out! :D;)

I want to be optimistic- I really do. But I can't help but worry that this is going to be the end result of a bunch of writers going "How can we make every line extra, extra Morrissey-esque?" As a friend of mine put it, we already have Morrissey for that. Just look at any interview or his autobiography.

It's like Morrissey fans who try so hard to copy his mannerisms, hand on chin, overly thoughtful and measured, slinging those 50 cent words like their lives depend on it. Out of Morrissey, it's pretentious. Out of the fans, it's absolutely cringe inducing.

But will I watch it? Shut up!

(yes.)
This was spot on.

I agree. The voice is good. The actress playing Linder is far better looking than she was but I'm not gonna complain about that. Moz looks a bit too beefy, like Clark Kent before he turns into Superman. Still though.... it looks promising.... but what does it promise?

Each to their own. Linder was very attractive imo and also aged very well.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom