"England Is Mine" trailer

Is it really that critical that he does in order to retell the story? I think it would be worse and distracting if he mimicked a bad Morrissey accent the entire time.
No. I never said it was critical. I was simply disagreeing with what others said. That is all.

No. I never said it was critical. I was simply disagreeing with what others said. That is all.

no, it's critical, very. They should have asked M to do voice replacement/dubbing ! ;)

no, it's critical, very. They should have asked M to do voice replacement/dubbing ! ;)
Brilliant idea. Dunno why they didn't ask him!

Well, if the voice AND looks are off, here's hoping he has the mannerisms down...otherwise, what's the point?

Well, if the voice AND looks are off, here's hoping he has the mannerisms down...otherwise, what's the point?

they at least could have gotten the typewriter right !

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/news/1999/707.shtml

I can't tell, but I'm guessing it's a Smith-Corona ? model? don't know.

But if it is... then we can all guess where M really got the name for the Smiths from !! :D;)

Yes, but you know they would f*** it up and get David Morrissey, rambling about streets upon streets upon streets streets upon streets upon streets streets upon streets upon streets streets upon streets upon streets streets upon streets upon streets streets upon streets upon streets...

And while we're at it, can we digitally give that weak chin some OOMPH?
I mean, from the nose up, I can see it I guess. But if they can digitally make Pee Wee Herman 30 years younger so he can pull off his film, then surely they can work some trickery on a chin.

'pedals', unless you meant he was trying to sell it, in which case, apologies.

I am a bit confused now. :o
I mean, a canoe you peddle, don't you? You don't row it.
And a bike you pedal?
I know the metaphorical meaning.

Just want to use your beautiful language as correct as i possibly can as a form of respect. Although I am just some bloody foreigner. :D
I would be happy to be corrected, not wanting to be like the idiots who start shouting about spelling-Nazi's.

It is important for me to use the correct grammar and spelling.
Typo's are different as anyone can make them.

I know languages are developing and changing, new words coming (and going) but large spread adoptation of too many new words (as is more happening now then ever due to the internet) could make the old words, and their meaning, obsolete so many people would not be able to read and understand books existing for a longer period.

Anyone having a drive to write, and surely professional writers and journalists, would understand the importance of not messing around with their tools, their instruments to write.

Fortunately, I have the impression many people in England understand the importance of their language as it is a world language and they are proud of it. And they have the right to be so!

It also gives me the pleasures of reading books from the English literature and to a great deal, understand them, that are old but not obsolete.
:thumb:

And a bike you pedal?

Just want to use your beautiful language as correct as i possibly can as a form of respect. Although I am just some bloody foreigner. :D
I would be happy to be corrected, not wanting to be like the idiots who start shouting about spelling-Nazi's.

I know languages are developing and changing, new words coming (and going) but large spread adoptation of too many new words (as is more happening now then ever due to the internet) could make the old words, and their meaning, obsolete so many people would not be able to read and understand books existing for a longer period.

Anyone having a drive to write, and surely professional writers and journalists, would understand the importance of not messing around with their tools, their instruments to write.

Fortunately, I have the impression many people in England understand the importance of their language as it is a world language and they are proud of it. And they have the right to be so!

It also gives me the pleasures of reading books from the English literature and to a great deal, understand them, that are old but not obsolete.

Pedal means to propel by means of a pedal, like a bike, or a pedal-boat.

Peddle means to sell, or attempt to sell.

For the canoe, you are thinking of paddle, which means to propel with a paddle, a broad oar.

Pedal means to propel by means of a pedal, like a bike, or a pedal-boat.

Peddle means to sell, or attempt to sell.

For the canoe, you are thinking of paddle, which means to propel with a paddle, a broad oar.

Thank you so much for this!
Appreciated! :thumb:

And a bike you pedal?

I take some heat for misspelling and grammar, but only because I tend to throw colloquialisms into text in some weird attempt at the odd voices I put on in real life.

And while we're at it, can we digitally give that weak chin some OOMPH?
I mean, from the nose up, I can see it I guess. But if they can digitally make Pee Wee Herman 30 years younger so he can pull off his film, then surely they can work some trickery on a chin.

Its not Stars in Their Eyes

Great preview. I like the title.

In order for this film to have success, it must have mass appeal. Even if you don't like Morrissey as a singer or as a person, the film needs to contain to a relatable theme that would attract young people, that is the theme of acceptance and finding your path in the world. Most people don't give credit to Morrissey for being a working-class lad that chose a one-in-a million shot for a musical career over a more practical route of a safe and steady income.

Music back in the early 80s was still a lucrative business; even if you had that one "hit" that was enough to have your name live deep in the annals of pop music history. I'm not too old to remember having that "lost" feeling coming out of school; of not always having a steady income; of wondering if the path I am taking is the right path. That era in England where there was mass unemployment in a way fan the flames to a revolution in pop music, that is the so-called "post-punk era" where really, young people were just following their passions; Linder doing her photography and Billy and Moz in music. It may remind people that some of our heroes are basically just a product of their era.

I think this movie has some legs to walk into the small but elite list of great rock n' roll movies. Bravo to the project, and hurrah for Morrissey.

Its not Stars in Their Eyes
I was being sarcastic. :) I mean, if that lumpy potato Stephen Fry can pull off a portrayal of Oscar Wilde, who was pretty decent to look at- Not that Fry isn't, he has a very warm, if not conventionally handsome face- then I'm sure this guy can play the nobody version of Morrissey. Hopefully well.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom