Ennio Morricone dead

Squashed by a giant meatball? Witnesses said there was olive oil everywhere

don’t be racist. Just because his son was Italian doesn’t mean you can call him a meatball. it is 2020 and this kind of language is no longer acceptable in society

I've never really forgiven Tony Visconti for inviting Morricone to orchestrate a song, then throwing most of it away. The strings on Dear God Please Help Me might as well have been synthesized for all the use they made out of them.

After a fall at 91 years of age?

he was thrown from a windmill after being severely bludgeoned by his disturbed child
HarmfulVigorousCondor-size_restricted.gif

great composer especially his film work,up there with john williams.
my favourite film composer is jerry goldsmith, fav is his rambo soundtrack which is fantastic.
Morricone was a far superior composer to John Williams. More subtle and nuanced, whereas Williams is all overblown sub-Mahlerian bombast.

The best story telling through the combination of music and moving image ever put on celluloid. RIP.

Don't know why I'm surprised that the likes of Viva Hate has to hijack this thread with his/her insensitive, insulting, insipid 'insights' into the death of a music maestro.

The best story telling through the combination of music and moving image ever put on celluloid. RIP.

Of all the Morricone vinyl I have my favourite is Once Upon A Time In America. I like his western soundtracks too but he's done so much more than the sphagetti westerns (a phrase he hated). I also love The Untouchables soundtrack. Especially this brilliant emotive song. Emotion lies at the heart of all of his work.

It's amazing that the great Maestro was convinced to orchestrate a song about picking up a bit of rough trade on the streets of Rome!

Of all the Morricone vinyl I have my favourite is Once Upon A Time In America. I like his western soundtracks too but he's done so much more than the sphagetti westerns (a phrase he hated). I also love The Untouchables soundtrack. Especially this brilliant emotive song. Emotion lies at the heart of all of his work.

There's a good documentary online about The Pogue's "Fairytale of New York" and how the piano theme of that song was inspired by Morricone's "Once Upon a Time in the West" theme.

Posted by Ketamine Sun:

@ 7:48 in ...

Oscar winning performance here from Steve and his bandmeat ! Sorry I meant bandmate 😂
Still waiting for the mobile footage of Barone the motorbike cop threatening to kill Tough International Steve who stood his ground and knew his rights. :laughing:

Despite a huge crowd gathering and filming the alleged event/episode NOTHING HAS EVER BEEN SEEN OF IT !
Why is that ??????

Devious, Truculent, Unreliable, Liar

🇬🇧:knife:

Oscar winning performance here from Steve and his bandmeat ! Sorry I meant bandmate 😂
Still waiting for the mobile footage of Barone the motorbike cop threatening to kill Tough International Steve who stood his ground and knew his rights. :laughing:

Despite a huge crowd gathering and filming the alleged event/episode NOTHING HAS EVER BEEN SEEN OF IT !
Why is that ??????

Devious, Truculent, Unreliable, Liar

🇬🇧:knife:
Now that it’s official that morrissey is a complete f***ing nutter, a real hard man going around knocking folk out, and kids all ower the f***ing shop, and he’s still in England..... you need to be careful now benny , you could be next to get slapped about by this mad f***ing manc... you know what they’re like when they get full of drink benny....keep safe benny your due at least a few slaps from this mad, violent, drunken manc ... what goes around comes around .....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom