Essen - Colosseum (Nov. 24, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / The Queen Is Dead / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Scandinavia / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Trouble Loves Me / How Soon Is Now? / Yes, I Am Blind / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Meat Is Murder / Speedway // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Viva Mozza, order corrected by an anonymous person.

• Photos by Christoph! / Flickr (32 total), review. Link posted by -Christoph-.

essen.jpg
  • Zuschauer stürmen Morrissey-Konzert in Essen - Fans sauer - Waz.de (30 photos by Sebastian Konopka). Link posted by Viva Mozza.
  • Morrissey bricht Konzert im Essener Colosseum ab - Ruhr Nachrichten (21 photos by Dennis Werner). Link posted by Viva Mozza.
  • Morrissey bricht Konzert ab! - Bild.de (1 photo by Marc Oliver Hänig). Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Photos by sabinebrenda / Flickr (14 total). Link posted by May.

Last edited:
Has Morrissey changed security. where are his thugs? the security on stage could not even control the situation. no effort to even prevent the situation. london. dublin. should be fun.

It was a fantastic gig, much more better as Rome in October. A nice Location, a Theatre, 1.500 capacity, all seated, but no one has been sitting. The crowd was enthusiatic, M was in a goog mood and it seemed, that he has enjoyed the concert. Shame that some idiots destroyed the encore. But is was very easy to jump on the stage. No barriers, only 3 or 4 local security, I wondered that no one jumped on the stage earlier. Not a nice end of a great Show, but I believe, that M will remember this Show as one of the better ones. I saw many People were shocked of the movie during Meat is Murder, I don`t watch this anymore.
Anna Calvi was also great. Overall a fantastic evening. Thank You Morrissey!

does anyone know who the security guys are, clearly they are not up to the job,not so long ago you would have been put in a headlock (man or woman) and launched off the stage

When will you Euros and Brits ever give this up? There has been a lot more Baseball and real Football players (not kickball) with the last name of Morrissey in the USA.

I'm just happy Morrissey is still alive after his German shows after comparing the McDonald's "M" to a German swastika.

Don't look now Aztec, your profound ignorance is once again showing. As an American, your football post is way off base as the NFL (no fun league) is hardly real football (as you so ineloquently put it) unless you are of course a simple bumpkin from the sticks. Stop embarrassing yourself.

I'm thankful to spend time with my family on Thanksgiving. Matt is American. Gustavo is American. Jesse is American. New Bass Guy is American.

quoting an old Smiths song: "how can someone so dumb do things so bad?" ... And no, people, Morrissey has never ever ended a gig when people entered the stage, and he is right doing that.

Is this quote supposed to be from Sheila Take a Bow and has it been slightly altered or am I having a "I've only been up for 5 minutes and am not completely awake yet and still slightly hungover" moment? Thanks :thumb:

And I will agree with you when it comes to the fact Moz usually doesn't leave the stage with the utmost immediacy during a few stage 'invaders' or at least this is the first time I have seen evidence of what looks like Moz feeling the need to really overprotect himself with all of the illness news and what have you. With that said, the invasion could have seemed even more aggressive in person.

- - - - -

And for people getting mad or upset with stage invasions, we have to remember that this behavior has been encouraged since the days of the Smiths. It's not something you necessarily just turn off. That will always happen if there is the chance and most of us have come to terms with this. Whether it's right or wrong ... that's a personal decision. But as we know history will repeat itself.

It sounds like the people in attendance had a great time/evening with Morrissey and that is fantastic news!
:):thumb:

So, as an American I must say I do like this quote from his show:

"I'm not American. The Americans celebrate "Thankskilling" this week, but they call it Thanksgiving. Does anobody know why they call it ThanksGIVING, when they kill so many animals to celebrate?"

I've never liked "Thanksgiving." And Morrissey is directly responsible for my vegan eating as The Smiths Meat is Murder really impacted me when I first heard and digested it which was soooo long ago.

I'm not looking to open a food-fight about thanksgiving. All I'm saying is I really like the quote.

Dear God - please don't say you're going to be at the O2, the tone will be lowered severely. All we need is Barleycorn the Bollix to complete the set.

Jay

I wouldn't go to the front gate to see Morrissey these days. Besides, I find playing World Peace loud and shining a torch on an old catcher's mitt gives much the same effect at a fraction of the price.

"I'm not American. The Americans celebrate "Thankskilling" this week, but they call it Thanksgiving. Does anobody know why they call it ThanksGIVING, when they kill so many animals to celebrate?"

I've never liked "Thanksgiving." And Morrissey is directly responsible for my vegan eating as The Smiths Meat is Murder really impacted me when I first heard and digested it which was soooo long ago.

I'm not looking to open a food-fight about thanksgiving. All I'm saying is I really like the quote.

My problem with the quote is that he prefaces his statement by distancing himself from "Americans" as though they are particularly shameful because of a traditional holiday. There are as many animals if not more killed for Christmas and Easter dinner even though there isn't a clever pun that can be assigned, but it's those dirty, no good Americans that are KILLING all the animals. And he's not one of them. But his f***ING BAND IS. They have to sit there and be shamed then help him play his song? :squiffy: Moz needs some delivery pro tips so he can avoid these logic twists that don't sit well.

My problem with the quote is that he prefaces his statement by distancing himself from "Americans" as though they are particularly shameful because of a traditional holiday. There are as many animals if not more killed for Christmas and Easter dinner even though there isn't a clever pun that can be assigned, but it's those dirty, no good Americans that are KILLING all the animals. And he's not one of them. But his f***ING BAND IS. They have to sit there and be shamed then help him play his song? :squiffy: Moz needs some delivery pro tips so he can avoid these logic twists that don't sit well.

I get that, and I agree to a degree. But he's been shaking a finger at the stereotypical American (and stereotypical American customs / habits) for years, even when he was cozily ensconced in L.A. (e.g., "America Is Not The World").

I'm sure the American boys in the band bear up just fine as long as he signs the checks.

It was a fantastic gig, much more better as Rome in October. A nice Location, a Theatre, 1.500 capacity, all seated, but no one has been sitting. The crowd was enthusiatic, M was in a goog mood and it seemed, that he has enjoyed the concert. Shame that some idiots destroyed the encore. But is was very easy to jump on the stage. No barriers, only 3 or 4 local security, I wondered that no one jumped on the stage earlier. Not a nice end of a great Show, but I believe, that M will remember this Show as one of the better ones. I saw many People were shocked of the movie during Meat is Murder, I don`t watch this anymore.
Anna Calvi was also great. Overall a fantastic evening. Thank You Morrissey!

Great post.

Hazard
England.

I'm not a fan of thanksgiving and as a vegan it's awkward to sit at a table with family and the carcass of a murdered animal.
I go on vacation to NYC every year and have dinner in a restaurant.

I love turkey and I look forward to having a lot of it on Thursday.

As vegetarians/vegan can be proud of their eating habits, so can I.

I will Not change for you.

I'm not a fan of thanksgiving and as a vegan it's awkward to sit at a table with family and the carcass of a murdered animal.
I go on vacation to NYC every year and have dinner in a restaurant.

I eat my tofurkey and watch football w the fam while catching up then eat pie all the while dreaming about going back home and crawling into bed and giving thanks to my vagina. :p

It's no less awkward than living day-to-day in a country which has spilled (and aided the spillage of) the blood of countless, innocent millions of people in your name with your tax dollars. A murderous legacy to which you enjoy the inheritance. Pick your battles.

It's no less awkward than living day-to-day in a country which has spilled (and aided the spillage of) the blood of countless, innocent millions of people in your name with your tax dollars. A murderous legacy to which you enjoy the inheritance. Pick your battles.

Because America is the only country to have done this?

That I cannot change. Don't be a dick.

Don't look now Aztec, your profound ignorance is once again showing. As an American, your football post is way off base as the NFL (no fun league) is hardly real football (as you so ineloquently put it) unless you are of course a simple bumpkin from the sticks. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Simple bumpkin? As a fan of both sports, it takes A LOT more athletic ability, courage, & most importantly, intelligence to play & scheme American football than football. Period.

pfft. I bet there are more vegan americans that don't wear leather shoes than his nonsense.Suddenly everyone else seems so appealing after f***ing over his american audience enough times.His bitchy comments aren't necessary. His cradled lily white ass is supported by the people who pay to purchase his music and attend his shows but someone everyone else is wrong .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom