Ever been taken back by a Moz song you've not payed much attention to before ?

Things you have cherished
Now making you squirm
You've had her
And it's all over now
Why you were pining
You haven't a clue
You've had her
And it's all over now

It's all over now
For you
For you
And it's all only started
For her pleas

Everyone knows
Everyone knows

And the one thing on your mind is
Where is the next in line
As the words to all of the love songs
Start making sense
To the girl so far away

'Journalists Who Lie'. Seriously.

A couple of days ago, I was driving through Liverpool when my four-year old daughter (whose tastes run to Lady Gaga, Adele, Abba and the Four Tops) started vigorously bobbing her head along to 'When Last I Spoke to Carol' (her first sign of interest in anything Morrissey). When it finished, she asked me to put it on again. After a second listen (with much head bobbing and some arm waving) she asked for 'Chain Gang' by Sam Cooke, one of her favourites. It's a start.

Nobody Loves Us. This must surely be one of his best ever B-sides? I know lots of people on here rave about it, but I didn't listen to it that much on release.

It is fantastic When he was supporting Bowie (at Wembley 18th Nov 1995), I was late and missed this song but I didn't know it at the time. I screamed as loud as I could for it - and Morrissey looked puzzled I think - "I've already done that one?" I feel very silly now. Also at about the same time "Do Your Best and Don't Worry" got me out of the door each morning.

Not scrictly on topic but having been lucky enough to attend several of the recent concerts I can still feel the anticipation and excitement from the use of the Operation drum-into as the 'walk-on' music. I have since been listening not only to 'The Operation', but the whole of Southpaw Grammar. I advise everyone to revel in this album today. We know 'The Boy Racer' is a gem, 'Dagenham Dave' sounds far better than I remembered, the vocal delivery on 'Southpaw' is superb, and I will never be able to listen to The Operation again in the same way. Tip top!

Love, Peace, and Trumpton,

Boethius

CrookedLittleVein; said:
A couple of days ago, I was driving through Liverpool when my four-year old daughter (whose tastes run to Lady Gaga, Adele, Abba and the Four Tops) started vigorously bobbing her head along to 'When Last I Spoke to Carol' (her first sign of interest in anything Morrissey). When it finished, she asked me to put it on again. After a second listen (with much head bobbing and some arm waving) she asked for 'Chain Gang' by Sam Cooke, one of her favourites. It's a start.

lol :D And Tingle's story about asking him to play a song again. :p

I've recently been struck by how bloody good Bigmouth Strikes Again is. Yes, yes, I heard it many times over. I liked it. Never skipped but then one day...bam! And the bats out of my ears were gone.

EDIT - I know that it's a Smiths song so doesn't exactly answer the question but I don't care.

Last edited:
I've recently been struck by how bloody good Bigmouth Strikes Again is. Yes, yes, I heard it many times over. I liked it. Never skipped but then one day...bam! And the bats out of my ears were gone.

EDIT - I know that it's a Smiths song so doesn't exactly answer the question but I don't care.

Moz / Smiths.....visa \ versa

Back
Top Bottom