Everyday is Like Sunday lyric change

King Leer

Leering since '97
On the latest tour Morrissey seems to have changed a lyric in EDILS:

Scratch on a postcard:
Oh, Mama, how I dearly wish I'd never been born

Morrissey makes all kinds of small adjustments and gag changes to his lyrics, but this one is a pretty significant alternation to a stone classic.
Do you like it?

On the comedic side, he made the following additions at yesterday's Milan concert:

And the strange dust
Lands on your hands
And on (what's left of) your face
Good God, look at your face

Haha.

Comparing the videos from this tour to the aborted US tour shows a remarkable difference in Morrissey's energy and spirit. Very happy...

I wonder if he does the word changes on the fly or actually takes time and care in what he sings ? The Milan wording gives quite a horror twist to a song that I always took as about lonelyness. Moz does like to dive into the death/ near death pool .

I love it. My heart twitched when I heard the alternate lyrics. He's keeping true to himself by saying what we've all felt/thought at one point in our lives or another. No?

I don't read anything into it. I've felt it. Repeatedly. On a loop. I love that he sings what we feel as humans.

It's why I follow him around. I don't know anyone on this planet who is more honest than our Morrissey.

On the latest tour Morrissey seems to have changed a lyric in EDILS:

Scratch on a postcard:
Oh, Mama, how I dearly wish I'd never been born

Morrissey makes all kinds of small adjustments and gag changes to his lyrics, but this one is a pretty significant alternation to a stone classic.
Do you like it?

On the comedic side, he made the following additions at yesterday's Milan concert:

And the strange dust
Lands on your hands
And on (what's left of) your face
Good God, look at your face

Haha.

Comparing the videos from this tour to the aborted US tour shows a remarkable difference in Morrissey's energy and spirit. Very happy...

Agreed. He seems to be in such great spirits. It's awesome!

Back
Top Bottom