Exclusive interview with Julie Hamill from "15 minutes with"

Raphael Lambach

Exclusive interview with Julie Hamill from "15 minutes with" - now in English

Hey folks

I interviewed Julie Hamnill from "15 minutes with..." for my blog.
She talks about his love for Morrissey and Bowie. Julie revealed that tried to talk to Boz and Jake but both of them refused.

http://nadademeiaspalavras.wordpres...dora-do-blog-15-minutes-with-sobre-morrissey/

I hope you enjoy

First of all: how and why did you start blogging about Morrissey?

I think it just makes sense to write about something you love, and I have loved The Smiths and Morrissey since seeing them in 1985. I am fascinated by people who experienced time with Morrissey and Johnny and I love to get a little peek into their memories to gain a glimpse of the true personality, rather than how it is conveyed by the press.

Morrissey’s fans are really critical about everything which concerns him who do you feel that in your work?

If it is about fan negativity, I find that an oxymoron and indeed moronic. My site is a celebration of Morrissey, I'm not interested in knowing who hates him. I write for those who love him - the Mozarmy.

Your posts are actually with Morrissey’s partners of years ago, then do you think they can help to explain in a better way what Morrissey is?

Yes I do... but I also think Morrissey is a fascinating puzzle that will probably never be solved or accurately articulated... it's fun trying though :).

Have you tried and planned to chat with currently Morrissey’s partners?

Yes. I have asked Boz Boorer but he politely refused. I have also asked Jake Walters the photographer and good friend to Morrissey. He also refused, but he was utterly lovely with it.

What can we wait from “15 minutes with…” this year?

I never know who's coming next, but I will try to bring as much variety as I can, from famous fans to collaborators. Hopefully some people from other musical backgrounds too. I'd love to meet Terry Hall.

In your site we can read interviews with Spencer, Clive, Kevin Armstrong and so many ones… What’s your favorite?

They are all fantastic in their own way, and my favourite changes all the time. But if you asked me to choose one right now I'd say Clive Langer just because I'm still slightly in awe of how cool he is.

Morrissey is a kind of influence in the “cultural life” for so many people. Did he influence you in any aspect?

I'd like to say that I chose to give up meat by myself at thirteen, but I'm pretty sure he had a hand in it :).

I saw that you like Bowie. In your opinion what the main difference between them (Moz and Bowie)?

They are both unique singers. No-one else was like them before they came along, and no-one else has been along since. I'm afraid I find more similarities than differences as unique individuals who exploded the music scene open. Perhaps in the early eighties it could be argued that Bowie had more of a 'produced pop sound' with Let's Dance, Modern Love etc. But, like Morrissey, Bowie music is enduring, a thing of beauty and a treasure to behold. I love 'Where are we now', 'Life On Mars' and anything off Ziggy Stardust.

Last edited:
Thank you, Raphael, for the translation! :)

I'd love to see her do a 'Fifteen Minutes With...' Craig Gannon.

Adding thanks for the translation...Gannon would be interesting. I would be very curious if Alain would do it at this point or if he would also politely refuse. I give Julie credit for asking Boz and Jake Walters - they were almost dead cert no's right out of the gate.

Adding thanks for the translation...Gannon would be interesting. I would be very curious if Alain would do it at this point or if he would also politely refuse. I give Julie credit for asking Boz and Jake Walters - they were almost dead cert no's right out of the gate.

Appreciate the translation. It would be great to hear Alain's perspective on his time with Moz and , yes , also about the mystery of his abrupt and apparently permanent absence. I wonder if Alain is still bound by a confidentiality clause in some contract ?

Appreciate the translation. It would be great to hear Alain's perspective on his time with Moz and , yes , also about the mystery of his abrupt and apparently permanent absence. I wonder if Alain is still bound by a confidentiality clause in some contract ?

This is the original interview. We chatted in English and I translated it to Portuguese.
I need to say Julie is really kind and nice. I sent her an e-mail asking for an interview and a cople of hour after she answered me.
I'd like to thank her here

Back
Top Bottom