Exclusive Morrissey interview - Fiona Dodwell via Music-News.com (27 May, 2019)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great interview! About the music only for a change.
New album and more live dates (7 nights in Paris would be amazing) coming up.
As expected no more UK dates, sadly.
Good times ahead though!

Indeed, 7 nightsin Paris with Morrissey, I wouldn't say no.

Only the fact he doesnt even know what the Normandy invasion was and he now can only be interviewed by no marks who give him soft questions and blow smoke up his ass. To me this is his lowest point. The fact he now is so witless and maybe senile he gets history wrong and can't be trusted with anything other than a hand picked interviewer. It's shameful. The guy who once could out wit the best of them is now only able up speak to this women. Who just churns out cliche and is clueless
These are trunpian times for Moz for sure
He said Norman Invasion, you know William 1066....and the reporter mistook it for Normandy 1944.

Not a bad interview at all. I wish Moz would be slightly less self obsessed. School didn't destroy his life. It did destroy other kids life. His constant exaggeration is becoming tedious. He is a multi millionaire pop star idolised by many, but is not the center of the universe. I do agree that his vocal on It's Over is his best in years.
To be fair, the question was about his personal connection to the songs. He's not the center of the universe, but perhaps he originally liked the song because he connected it to his life as a troubled schoolboy.
I have to agree on the hyperbole generally, though. Every show is his best show ever, every album is the best album of his career, every audience is his heart's lighthouse. Etcetera. You know, the last part of Autobiography...

Brown nosing in the extreme. Clearly neither Morrissey or Dodwell have any shame. To parade this puff piece as an interview is insulting.

I think he'll find he endorsed the Third Reich i.e. For Britain. Be careful watch you wish for Steven.

Unlike you, I would actually like to listen to it before I judge it.

I can easily give a 10/10 to the next 5 Morrissey albums!

But I didn't like the interview. This woman is obviously a fan and she seems to be desperate to be condescending (i.e, she says that California Son has been "well received fans and media alike", "Your recent residency on Broadway was absolutely stunning", etc)... A journalist who is so desperate to flatter a person is as bad as a journalist who gets aggressive in a pointless way... In both cases there is very little room to answer.

I can easily give a 10/10 to the next 5 Morrissey albums!

But I didn't like the interview. This woman is obviously a fan and she seems to be desperate to be condescending (i.e, she says that California Son has been "well received fans and media alike", "Your recent residency on Broadway was absolutely stunning", etc)... A journalist who is so desperate to flatter a person is as bad as a journalist who gets aggressive in a pointless way... In both cases there is very little room to answer.
at least he is given some space to talk about what is really important to him. but i prefer interviews which are not mainly a defensive counter reaction to what is perceived as a deliberate misinterpretation but evolve independently from ideological polarisations and accusations. but that's exactly what the english-speaking media landscape looks like to me nowadays. i enjoyed reading the guardian regularly when i spent a year in england in the mid-90s, but i wouldn't now. in my eyes they have lost all credibility in this current mudslinging when they gave the new album only one star (out of 5 or 10?) in their review after he had refused to send them a review copy. even if you dont like the songs, the album definitely deserves more than that. just shows how grouchily determined they are to win this ideologically fixated skirmish. i can understand that morrissey probably feels that he constantly has to counterbalance these partial and small-minded journalistic effusions, but he should make sure that his creative space remains unspoilt by it, and that he maintains his authentic way of communicating with his large unbiased fan base. he should never focus on the bottom-feeders as they won't allow him the space to unfold his creativity but just want to position people they don't like as wrongdoers in their ideologically restricted worldviews.

SUPER GREAT INTERVIEW!!!:thumb:

NO DOLE LADEN TWAT WITH NO BRAINS TRYING TO LECTURE
MOZ ON STUFF THEY REPEAT FROM SKINNY AND DAVE AL SALAAM ISLAM INA
ROBOTIC MANNER:rock:

ABOUT WHAT MOZ IS INTERESTED IN NOT WHAT SOME TWATS HAVE TO SAY:lbf:

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom