Familiy?

igotpictures

Oi Steve..stop it
Morrisseys Familiy?

How many are left? and who is dead?

it striked me that i dont know so much about it...maybe i shouldnt know, but i would like to if someone knew a little about the subject..

His parents and sister are still alive. His parents divorced years ago, but they must still be friends because they've been seen sitting together at concerts.

Moz's cousin and nephew were in the 'Importance...' documentary a few years ago too.

Don't know if he's got any kids though:p

I always wondered if the video footage in the Seasick video was his family. I am sure its not but it crossed my mind.

zom

zom said:
I always wondered if the video footage in the Seasick video was his family. I am sure its not but it crossed my mind.

zom
i'm pretty sure it isn't.
does he honestly ever speak of them? i've seen his nephew and cousin in the importance of being morrissey documentary but never his immediate family.

Denia said:
i'm pretty sure it isn't.
does he honestly ever speak of them? i've seen his nephew and cousin in the importance of being morrissey documentary but never his immediate family.

I have heard that he is out and about shopping with his mum.

zom

He also has a cousin named Gharte whom he is close to, who got a thank-you mention on YATQ.

Why does Morrissey dislike his dad so much? In this les inrockuptibles interview, 94-95ish, he seems really upset by him.

Q: Do your parents feel responsible for your constant state of sadness ?
M: It pains my mother a lot. Not that she feels responsible but she's perfectly aware of my state of dissatisfaction. She'd love so much to see me happy and totally fulfilled. Yet, nothing is her fault.
Q: What about your father ?
M: ...(He pulls a wry face, keeps silent and makes a wide gesture of the hand as a signal of defence. Then indicates the microphone on the table shaking his head, unable to speak. Follows an endless silence.)

Actually, I just found out a week ago that my neighbour is rather closely related to Morrissey (his sister is Morrissey's aunt or something). He's seen him at weddings and other family events and has talked to him many times. He told me Morrissey's father lives in Manchester now and is apparently "a very nice man, if a little quiet". I wanted to ask so many questions, but felt it would be a bit rude.

Sadly, no-one seems to have recorded the Birmingham gig, at which Moz beckoned a young man onto the stage from the wings and introduced him to the audience as his nephew and his "pride and joy". I think the lad is called Sam - anyway, he was the gorgeous little post-boy in the Suedehead video, who brought the package to Uncle Moz's doorstep. Aw!

dazzak said:
Actually, I just found out a week ago that my neighbour is rather closely related to Morrissey (his sister is Morrissey's aunt or something).

if his sister is morrissey's aunt, doesn't that make him morrissey's uncle? :)

Suzanne said:
if his sister is morrissey's aunt, doesn't that make him morrissey's uncle? :)
No, I must be wrong. I think his sister is married to Morrissey's uncle or something. I'll ask him again.

I always thought that the family in the seasick video was that of Charlie Richarson, the Krays long-time enemy.

The Richardson Gang were a gang of infamous South London criminals in the 1960's, they vied the Krays for their reputation as London's most infamous and sadistic gangsters. They were also known as the 'Torture Gang'; their "speciality" was pinning victims to the floor with 6inch nails and removing their toes with bolt cutters.

The gang's leader was Charlie Richardson, born in South London in 1934. He and his younger brother Eddie turned to a life of crime when their father left home, leaving the family penniless.

The beginning of the turf war that existed between the two rival gangs of Richardson and the Krays can be traced down to a brawl that erupted at the Astor Club at Christmas 1965, when George Cornell, a member of the Richardson gang, called Ronnie Kray a "fat puff". A few weeks later, Richard Hart, one of the Krays' associates was murdered in Catford; the Krays in their turn took their revenge with the murder of George Cornell in the Blind Beggar pub in the Whitechapel Road.

After a jail term, In 1980, after many attempts to obtain release, Charlie escaped from an open prison and went on the run for almost a year, even dressing as Santa Claus and giving out presents to children in order to publicise his requests for release. In 1983, he was able to go on day release to help the handicapped and was allowed to spend a weekend with his family. Charlie was finally released in July 1984.

JIM

Re: Family?

Does anyone have any pictures of Moz's mother, father, and/or sister?
I would really love to see some if anyone has any.

Thanks my friends! :)

Springheeledjim84 said:
The Richardson Gang were a gang of infamous South London criminals in the 1960's, they vied the Krays for their reputation as London's most infamous and sadistic gangsters. They were also known as the 'Torture Gang'; their "speciality" was pinning victims to the floor with 6inch nails and removing their toes with bolt cutters.

Off topic but...

:eek:

I certainly won't be inviting them round for tea

no one in particular said:
Does anyone have any pictures of Moz's mother, father, and/or sister?
I would really love to see some if anyone has any.

Thanks my friends! :)

Here are a few:

Morrissey's Mom and grandma in the '50's
momgrandma.jpg

Morrissey's Dad in 1955
dad2.jpg

And Morrissey's sister Jackie in 1972 (aged 15)
jackie.jpg

There are more pics here:
http://foreverill.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=106

Im sure i heard recently ,Morrisseys cousin was killed in manchester last year .Has anyone else heard this ?

Sinefil where did you get these?! Did you steal them from morrissey's mother or something?![/QUOTE said:
they all appear in Johnny Rogan's book about the smiths.

family pictures

Thanks very much for sharing these, Comtesse.

Moz seems to really resemble his grandmother. Especially the eyebrows! (unless that is just bad artifact or shadows) :D

momgrandma.jpg

Back
Top Bottom