Famous, well-respected, hall-of-fame-type, legendary artists....... that you HATE!

dallow_bg

the one he left behind
Or at least don't care for.

I'll admit to the following that I don't care for:

Aretha Franklin (ugh! Give me Martha or Ms. Ross any day)
Blondie (annoying)

And I'm on the fence about:

Johnny Cash (still need to hear his final album though)
James Brown (yet I love James Chance....)

How about you?

Of those mentioned so far I very much like Aretha Franklin, Blondie and latter day Johnny Cash.

I have to back up whoever said Bob Dylan, for me he's possibly the most over-rated artist ever.

I'd add the Clash and The Who to the list of artists that I really can't figure out where their acclaim came from.

Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
...and all other fascist stadium-rock music.

However, Bob Dylan and the bloody Beatles are the best and most important groups/artists in rock history... together with the Velvet Underground. I really can't understand how anyone can say anything bad about them.

Re: Famous, well-respected, hall-of-fame-type, legendary artists....... that you HATE

The Grateful Dead (excepting, perhaps, the Aoxomoxoa album)
The Rolling Stones
The Clash
Aerosmith
Bob Marley (because Reggae is vile)

P.S. does Alex Chilton qualify?

Re: Famous, well-respected, hall-of-fame-type, legendary artists....... that you HATE

jesus! the clash are WONDERFUL! then just say the friggin' sex pistols if you want to name one!

The f***ing Who.

Oasis - leave me stone cold. I just don't get it.

Peter

Neil Young (no matter what you might say, he can't sing! ;))
Bob Dylan
Oasis

Queen
Status Bloody Quo
Dire (indeed) Straights
Simply (D)Red(full)

The Goat

I'll add some more after being reminded of a few (see, I don't even bother thinking about these groups)

The Rolling Stones
The Who
The Grateful Dead
Bob Marley

On the fence with:

The Clash
Barry White (though I'm slowly coming around to him, certainly not in my top 20 soul artists)

More hate everyone!

Calling Pink Floyd fascist is like calling Morrissey a carnivore.

That being said, I would have to say that I dislike Marley and Springsteen.

Since I hate about 99% of music because it's mostIy crap, my Iist is EMORMOUS!.....So I wiII just respond to this thread by agreeing with AII of the above mentioned "artists" except for Springteen and The CIash.

I do have to mention Santana and f***ing EIton John .....VOMIT!!

David said:
Calling Pink Floyd fascist is like calling Morrissey a carnivore.

That being said, I would have to say that I dislike Marley and Springsteen.

By saying fascist I wasn't referring to the lyrics... I know their lyrics (at least since '73, especially the '77-'83 era) are anti-war, anti-oppression stuff. I meant that the music was fascist, that is, bombastic, hyper-aesthetic, the kind of stuff that makes dozens of thousands of teenagers hold up their cigarette lighters and sing along... you know what I mean. As you probably know, Roger Waters felt so himself, since The Wall acknowledges these theme (especially obvious in Alan Parker's film). Sadly, it seems that the only solution Waters could find to this problem is to make music that sounds even more fascist... (except for Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking which is saved by Clapton).

I agree with you that Springsteen is overrated, though I don't hate him. Bob Marley is good, though.

Hell no, Springsteen is extremely good! Dylan is overrated too, and Young too...

wolve said:
Hell no, Springsteen is extremely good! Dylan is overrated too, and Young too...

For years I thought that Neil Young is really boring and I couldn't understand what people find in him... then I heard the Live Rust show and it really blew me away. I still think he's a bit overrated, but I kinda like him now. His albums with Crosby, Stills & Nash are also good.

Dylan is God.

oh, I HATE James Blunt! I just didn't think he fitted within "well-respected, hall-of-fame-type, legendary artists". He's more like in one league with crazy frog to me.

Back
Top Bottom