Far Out Magazine: article about Marr & Bragg playing Back To The Old House (Dec 14, 2019)

Marr-Bragg.jpg

Remembering the moment Johnny Marr joined Billy Bragg on stage to play The Smiths’ ‘Back to the Old House’

Excerpt:

"In the wake of a devastating defeat of the left-wing in this week’s general election, it feels appropriate that we go back to another equally dark time when Johnny Marr joined Billy Bragg on stage to perform a cover of The Smiths’ ‘Back To The Old House’.

The event took place at the Manchester Apollo in 1986 and was known as the Red Wedge tour. Fronted by Billy Bragg, whose own 1985 Jobs for Youth tour had been a prototype of sorts for Red Wedge, Paul Weller and The Communards lead singer Jimmy Somerville, got together to put on concert parties and made media appearances all in support of the Labour Party campaign."

The writer needs to check their facts :)
Regards,
FWD.

It wasn't an equally dark time - it was positively hopeful compared to having our heartlands wiped out. They're lost in delusion.

It wasn't an equally dark time - it was positively hopeful compared to having our heartlands wiped out. They're lost in delusion.
I feel Labour’s uneasy partnership between ‘right-on’ lefties and the working classes is now over. The Brexit divide (which represents so much more than the in or out question) cannot be bridged.

I feel Labour’s uneasy partnership between ‘right-on’ lefties and the working classes is now over. The Brexit divide (which represents so much more than the in or out question) cannot be bridged.

Yeah. It's going to be a long time before the working-classes forgive Corbynistas for calling them stupid & racist.

Meanwhile, The Tories have the first openly gay Muslim MP - one-upping us on identity, the very thing we sacrificed the working-class vote for, by not caring about identity at all, just Tory values. It's the End Times.

Preachy wokesters such as Billy Bragg should pat themselves on the back for being solely responsible for the nuclear wipeout of Labour's heartlands.

They went from being champions of the working class to calling them ignorant racists at every opportunity, and finally paid the price for it.

Why would a working class person support an ultra-capitalist alienating superstructure like the EU that only benefits Big Business and the individualist rich?

Why would a working class person want more imported cheap labour saturating the job market, making work harder to find and keeping wages too low to even live on?

Why would a working class person want their children at school taught crazy woke nonsense about having to choose between multiple identities, sexualities and genders?

To people like Bragg anybody who disagrees with their lunatic-fringe views is an ignorant bigot and a racist. A few months ago Bragg at one of his own gigs arrogantly showed off a t-shirt that said MORRISSEY IS A RACIST .

But now the people of the Labour Party heartlands have spoken and they all agree with Morrissey.

A well thought out post that sums up the white working class position in 2019, Right-on wokesters speak for Right on wokesters, no-one else. Well they can stick their London-centric inbred twaddle where the sun shineth not.

Preachy wokesters such as Billy Bragg should pat themselves on the back for being solely responsible for the nuclear wipeout of Labour's heartlands.

They went from being champions of the working class to calling them ignorant racists at every opportunity, and finally paid the price for it.

Why would a working class person support an ultra-capitalist alienating superstructure like the EU that only benefits Big Business and the individualist rich?

Why would a working class person want more imported cheap labour saturating the job market, making work harder to find and keeping wages too low to even live on?

Why would a working class person want their children at school taught crazy woke nonsense about having to choose between multiple identities, sexualities and genders?

To people like Bragg anybody who disagrees with their lunatic-fringe views is an ignorant bigot and a racist. A few months ago Bragg at one of his own gigs arrogantly showed off a t-shirt that said MORRISSEY IS A RACIST .

But now the people of the Labour Party heartlands have spoken and they all agree with Morrissey.

People in glass houses. Bragg made antisemitic statements & was directly promoting Corbyn long after it was obvious that Corbs & his cult had a racism issue.

He's on newsnight, but I can't watch, he has no shame. He should put himself on a sodding t-shirt.

People in glass houses. Bragg made antisemitic statements & was directly promoting Corbyn long after it was obvious that Corbs & his cult had a racism issue.

He's on newsnight, but I can't watch, he has no shame. He should put himself on a sodding t-shirt.
I don't like Bragg, but I doubt if he ever made any genuine anti-Semitic comments. Criticism of Israel, Zionism or the global banking system is not anti-Semitism.

I'm not aware of Corbyn ever making any racist or anti-Jew comments either. But if so, when and what are they?

It's post election-mania now. We can forget the headlines and address the actual truth.

Last edited:
I don't like Bragg, but I doubt if he ever made any genuine anti-Semitic comments. Criticism of Israel, Zionism or the global banking system is not anti-Semitism.

I'm not aware of Corbyn ever making any racist or anti-Jew comments either. But if so, when and what are they?

It's post-election mania now. We can forget the headlines and address the actual truth.

Telling the Chief Rabbi he'd overstepped the mark in a facebook post that REALLY did not help us. So, Bragg's had more impact on politics than Morrissey with his animal obsession could ever dream of.

Corbyn doomed himself with his 'no sense of English irony even if they've lived here all their lives' remarks. He made it obvious it was about race & not politics (also endorsing the book that blames Jewish people for Imperialism).

And Chris Williamson has gone full Protocol of the Elders of Zion, babbling about Israel mobilizing its 'assets' (ie Jewish people).

Chances are The EHRC will find that we're institutionally racist.

It's going to be bleak.

Telling the Chief Rabbi he'd overstepped the mark in a facebook post that REALLY did not help us. So, Bragg's had more impact on politics than Morrissey with his animal obsession could ever dream of.

Corbyn doomed himself with his 'no sense of English irony even if they've lived here all their lives' remarks. He made it obvious it was about race & not politics (also endorsing the book that blames Jewish people for Imperialism).

And Chris Williamson has gone full Protocol of the Elders of Zion, babbling about Israel mobilizing its 'assets' (ie Jewish people).

Chances are The EHRC will find that we're institutionally racist.

It's going to be bleak.
That sounds like you're scraping the bucket. There's nothing solid there at all.

Powerful Jews should not be above criticism. The history of Jewish involvement in imperialism and slavery etc has been actively hidden and should be drawn attention to with a big shining light - as should everything else in history. The Rothschilds for example were/are ultra-capitalist evil personified - and no amount of PR, denial or spin can change the wars and misery (fact) that they financed.

No one should be above criticism. It sounds suspiciously like you think Jews should be given an 'easier ride' than the rest of us. I disagree. Corbyn was right to write that Foreward. JA Hobson's books are brilliant and should be available in every bookshop and classroom - but they're not of course - for a very good reason. Too much uncomfortable truths for certain people.

That sounds like you're scraping the bucket. There's nothing solid there at all.

Powerful Jews should not be above criticism. The history of Jewish involvement in imperialism and slavery etc has been actively hidden and should be drawn attention to with a big shining light - as should everything else in history. The Rothschilds for example were/are ultra-capitalist evil personified - and no amount of PR, denial or spin can change the wars and misery (fact) that they financed.

No one should be above criticism. It sounds suspiciously like you think Jews should be given an 'easier ride' than the rest of us. I disagree. Corbyn was right to write that Foreward. JA Hobson's books are brilliant and should be available in every bookshop and classroom - but they're not of course - for a very good reason. Too much uncomfortable truths for certain people.

It's very solid - it's the world Jewish conspiracy. And it's not the truth. On that, we will never agree. And neither will any respectable institution. Corbyn has brought us into serious disrepute.

It's very solid - it's the world Jewish conspiracy. And it's not the truth. On that, we will never agree. And neither will any respectable institution. Corbyn has brought us into serious disrepute.
I would advise you to read and research the history of the Rothschilds. Triple check the facts, double reference. There is a good reason why people go on about them so much.

Don't just dismiss it all as a silly conspiracy. They played a big part in Western economic history and the wars that resulted from Big Money and greed. Read up on it, just like Corbyn obviously has. It will open your eyes I can guarantee you.

I bet you didn't know that Blair 'liberalising' our gambling laws almost 20 years ago was solely due to a recommended report into gambling by... Lord Rothschild. Endless gambling shops now line our failing high streets and there are ads and gambling shows on TV and all over the internet with no restraint. The Rothchilds's are trying to force Italy and Austria to liberalise their gambling laws in line with the rest of the EU - that pesky EU again hey. It's money money money to these people.

And a few comments of criticism on Twitter is hardly anti Semitism no matter how hard Murdoch & co try to blow these non-stories up.

Last edited:
I would advise you to read and research the history of the Rothschilds. Triple check the facts, double reference. There is a good reason why people go on about them so much.

Don't just dismiss it all as a silly conspiracy. They played a big part in Western economic history and the wars that resulted from Big Money and greed. Read up on it, just like Corbyn obviously has. It will open your eyes I can guarantee you.

A few comments of criticism on Twitter is hardly anti Semitism no matter how hard Murdoch & co tried to blow it all up.

Everyone has looked into these conspiracy theories - they date all the way back to the French Revolution & they're bunk. Total bunk. Obsessing about a few wealthy Jewish people while ignoring the huge numbers of non-Jewish power players is paranoid & racist & a waste of time. There is no way that a small cabal of people can secretly run the world & no way that anyone would cover it up if it was possible.

Everyone has looked into these conspiracy theories - they date all the way back to the French Revolution & they're bunk. Total bunk. Obsessing about a few wealthy Jewish people while ignoring the huge numbers of non-Jewish power players is paranoid & racist & a waste of time. There is no way that a small cabal of people can secretly run the world & no way that anyone would cover it up if it was possible.
Real history exists beyond the crazy conspiracy theory nonsense. That's my point. Read up on the real history of the Rothschilds. They were/are global bankers who don't like torches being shone on their antics through the years which is why they play the philanthropy game these days and employ the world's best PR companies. World banking is like arms manufacturing. It's an evil business no matter how they try to spin it.

This is why so many on the left are accused of anti-Semitism. It's because they are anti-World Banks (which the Rothschilds play a big part in). It's simple facts, not myths - unless you listen to the crazy corners of the internet that blow it all up into a satanic-alien theory. But it's just the history of European economics. many Jews have and do play a big part in it.

Corbyn knew all about the evil of Big Money. That's why he was publicly crucified, drawn down and thrown on top of a rubbish heap. Any other Labour leader who dares to criticise the power of the banks will suffer in the same fashion.

Real history exists beyond the crazy conspiracy theory nonsense. That's my point. Read up on the real history of the Rothschilds. They were/are global bankers who don't like torches being shone on their antics through the years which is why they play the philanthropy game these days and employ the world's best PR companies. World banking is like arms manufacturing. It's an evil business no matter how they try to spin it.

This is why so many on the left are accused of anti-Semitism. It's because they are anti-World Banks (which the Rothschilds play a big part in). It's simple facts, not myths - unless you listen to the crazy corners of the internet that blow it all up into a satanic-alien theory. But it's just the history of European economics.

Corbyn knew. That's why he was publicly crucified, drawn down and thrown on top of a rubbish heap. Any other Labour leader who criticises the power of the banks will suffer in the same fashion.

It's really easy to denounce capitalism & banking without fixating on one Jewish family or on any Jewish people at all. It's also easy to defend capitalism & banking without accusing anyone of anti-semitism. Corbyn got himself into trouble because he's a crank who believes conspiracy theories.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom