Favorite thing said live

igotpictures

Oi Steve..stop it
Whats the greatest thing, Morrissey have said live?

i love the "We might thinking about realising this as a single, would you think it would be a hit? (about NFD) the crowd goes (nooooo) and Moz go back "Erh what?"

It's got to be the Bush comment for me. I wouldn't wish anyone dead but I feel Morrissey took a stand. Does anyone have the quote?

Sorry, off topic, but can I ask a question: on the Manana in Chile bootleg, what's with that "Santiago's biggest toilet"?? You can't hear the whole comment. What on earth is he talking about? and later about drinking and smoking?

Makes me wonder all the time.
Thanks.

Sister said:
Sorry, off topic, but can I ask a question: on the Manana in Chile bootleg, what's with that "Santiago's biggest toilet"?? You can't hear the whole comment. What on earth is he talking about? and later about drinking and smoking?

Makes me wonder all the time.
Thanks.

I was just about to put that comment as one of my faves.

"Thank you, and welcome to Santiago's biggest toilet, drinking and smoking tonight are essential. No Jokes, no more jokes from me"

I always liked that comment for some reason, and NO, I haven't got anything against Santiago. :D ;)

Of course it's not the best comment ever, but because it's just 5 days ago amd part German I really love that he said "Guten Abend. We are Morrissey" when introducing the band. What makes it even funnier is that last year's biggest headline "Wir sind Papst" (doesn't translate cause it's incorrect German but something like "We are Pope") kind of became a saying ("Do you know that I am Pope?" "Oh, I am Pope as well!"). And that's why I now take pride in the words: I am Morrissey.

"I know why you're screaming, It's a remarkable body"

and from the same concert:

"Don't hate me just because I've got the worlds most perfect body"

Summal said:
"I know why you're screaming, It's a remarkable body"

and from the same concert:

"Don't hate me just because I've got the worlds most perfect body"

Oh, he comes out with some crackers doesn't he? :D ;)

vulgar said:
I was just about to put that comment as one of my faves.

"Thank you, and welcome to Santiago's biggest toilet, drinking and smoking tonight are essential. No Jokes, no more jokes from me"

I always liked that comment for some reason, and NO, I haven't got anything against Santiago. :D ;)
Was there any reason why he would say that? What was the venue?
Or it was totally random?

Sister said:
Was there any reason why he would say that? What was the venue?
Or it was totally random?

I got this from passionsjustlikemine.com from the comments about the gig.

"After the first song he added "Welcome to Santiago's biggest toilet... drinking and smoking tonight are essential...". The latter negative comment must have been about the rundown condition of the venue, but probably sensing that he might have been misinterpreted, he continued "... no jokes... no more jokes for me...".

I always thought it was random, but maybe not. :D

Is it on 'Introducing Morrissey' where he says, "I know you like me to say at least something, but i'm really... quite... shy," sends shivers everytime I hear it

"Touch me, how can it be? Believe me-e-e the sun never shines on Kristiansand! "

Moz entering the stage at Quart-festival in 2004 singing A-ha s The sun always shines on TV with alternative lyrics.

Also funny when he introduced the band, and finished off with: And I am Morten!
:)

He sang: "Touch me, how can it be? Believe me-e-e the sun never shines on Kristiansand! "

The original is: Touch me, how can it be? Believe me-e-e the sun always shines on TV!

I have it on MP3 if you want it.

"Tonight....You can be as playfull as you like...or....you can be your old boring self", then he launched into Spring Heeled Jim.

Sandy, thanks - sorry, I managed to miss the lyrics in your original post! :)

I also like 'We are what is left of Morrissey', which he's said a few times. Also, from Beethoven Was Deaf, 'I still cannot speak French; I am very lazy' - great.

love, math+

Last edited:
Sandy Shore said:
He sang: "Touch me, how can it be? Believe me-e-e the sun never shines on Kristiansand! "

The original is: Touch me, how can it be? Believe me-e-e the sun always shines on TV!

I have it on MP3 if you want it.

Do We want it - Yes indeed - the Sooner the Better :) So instead of Stephan Patrick Morrissey - U people in Norway are calling Him - Morten Morrissey Harket - the M as in Morten

Roskilde 04 anyone ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom