Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Moon Over Kentucky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Want A Boy For My Birthday

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • What Do You See In Him?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Satellite of Love crushes every other song in that list...except for My Insatiable One...and I can't decide between the two.

Well, from this list I picked "You Say You Don't Love Me"

I think many would pick "I'm Playing Easy to Get" if it were offered. It was played in concert in LA before the BBC radio session. While that radio version is available on various bootlegs, it was never properly released so I think it would count on this poll.

Speaking of that song, I'd love to know why he never took it any further than he did. GREAT song? No. GOOD song? Certainly. I would love to hear a polished version of it.

I think many would pick "I'm Playing Easy to Get" if it were offered. It was played in concert in LA before the BBC radio session. While that radio version is available on various bootlegs, it was never properly released so I think it would count on this poll.

Speaking of that song, I'd love to know why he never took it any further than he did. GREAT song? No. GOOD song? Certainly. I would love to hear a polished version of it.

No it doesn't belong in this poll as there is a session version of the song.

It was recorded but never released. When he remasters and re-releases Quarry you might get the studio versions of that, "Noise Is The Best Revenge", and "Home Is A Question Mark".

Boz has said there is a studio version of it.

Anyway, I would go with "You Say You Don't Love Me" too. Absolutely fits his voice like a glove. "Satellite of Love" always sounds forced to me, the band strain with it, and the vocal melody and lyrics don't suit him at all somehow. Although maybe that's because I know the original too well.

An honourable mention to "(To Give) The Reason I Live" too though - which I thought was something of a recent live hightlight.

My Insatiable One! I think he does a better job of singing it than Brett did.

Back
Top Bottom