Felt, Denim and other things

Dirk Blaggard

SOS
As i mentioned before my hard drive went, I had to recollect all my M and Smiths stuff (big thanks to FWD for pointing the way to links)
Once that and the Bowie and a few others were done, Im now left in search of Felt and Denim , basically the kingdom of Lawrence - mainly felt recordings (hopefully in flac) the DVD of Lawrence of Belgravia

Im not holding out much hope but thanks anyway

(Im sure they are not for everyone , thus don't feel you have to comment if you dont like them. We all have our own check lists, Im certain I wouldn't like your cutlery sets

SOS
As i mentioned before my hard drive went, I had to recollect all my M and Smiths stuff (big thanks to FWD for pointing the way to links)
Once that and the Bowie and a few others were done, Im now left in search of Felt and Denim , basically the kingdom of Lawrence - mainly felt recordings (hopefully in flac) the DVD of Lawrence of Belgravia

Im not holding out much hope but thanks anyway

(Im sure they are not for everyone , thus don't feel you have to comment if you dont like them. We all have our own check lists, Im certain I wouldn't like your cutlery sets
I'm all for sharing but from reading about Lawrence's current disastrous situation did you consider supporting him by buying some of the material you are looking for?

I'm all for sharing but from reading about Lawrence's current disastrous situation did you consider supporting him by buying some of the material you are looking for?
I have it all , even the new remasters. I dont live where the records are , hence i put them to flac and put them on hard drive - i should have put them on a cloud but it was full with m/smith, bowie, suede, the fall, James Brown, Scott walker, Stevie Wonder, Elvis, Johnny Cash , Nancy and Frank Sinatra, Echo and the bunnymen. The Gun Club , New York Dolls, Otis Reading, The Wld Beasts, the Cocteau Twins and so on.
Now they are all gone and my records are miles away. Ive been making do with what FWD pointed me to and Youtube
my cloud and of course its impossible to find that doc about Lawrence.

I understand you would say what you say though .

I love felt. What’s the disastrous situation he’s in

I love felt. What’s the disastrous situation he’s in
His "health" has been not very good for a while, mental health to drugs- this is all mentioned in the doc, or alluded to at least

It's easy to imagine how he got there, largely ignored or not given the respect he's due-unlike The Smiths who were not ignored, M likes to say they were but we all know they weren't and still aren't. He was often on TV, and Radio. Did The Smiths deserve the praise? Yes. Were they, at times, overpraised? Yes

A friend of mine often says "The Smiths were simply, a post Bowie, post-punk kinks" , It's true, lots of things people think M injected into pop music Ray Davis had done first

Lawrence is also extremely influential and beats M to the punch in regard to the "bedroom Poet" pose, lonely outsider romantic pose, fan to pop star pose, "all my friends are dead " pose, Bitchy comment in song pose . The jangly guitar pre fated The Smiths by 2 years as well.

I love them both

His "health" has been not very good for a while, mental health to drugs- this is all mentioned in the doc, or alluded to at least

It's easy to imagine how he got there, largely ignored or not given the respect he's due-unlike The Smiths who were not ignored, M likes to say they were but we all know they weren't and still aren't. He was often on TV, and Radio. Did The Smiths deserve the praise? Yes. Were they, at times, overpraised? Yes

A friend of mine often says "The Smiths were simply, a post Bowie, post-punk kinks" , It's true, lots of things people think M injected into pop music Ray Davis had done first

Lawrence is also extremely influential and beats M to the punch in regard to the "bedroom Poet" pose, lonely outsider romantic pose, fan to pop star pose, "all my friends are dead " pose, Bitchy comment in song pose . The jangly guitar pre fated The Smiths by 2 years as well.

I love them both

Felt didn't have the songs though. The music created a certain mood but lots of truly great, catchy pop songs? I think not. The first Denim album had them in abundance. Extremely influential? Outside of C-86 fans....not really.

Back
Top Bottom