Fifteen minutes with Mark Gill, writer/director ‘England Is Mine’ - Julie Hamill

Julie's interesting interview series continues with Mark Gill.

Fifteen minutes with Mark Gill, writer/director ‘England Is Mine’ - Julie Hamill

40321_tumblr_inline_osodgrMIaj1qkvz8g_500.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that they had input from Anji's family/diaries and Duffy.

Oh another parasitic pile of nothing. Anything to safe promote herself and her "Brand"
Bore off and change the record.
Well done Julie, glad I read the interview before seeing the film so now i won't be "up in arms" and all pedantic over the house being on the wrong side of the street like others have been.
Good insight into the thought process of the film. Looking forward to it more now.

Bore off and change the record.
Well done Julie, glad I read the interview before seeing the film so now i won't be "up in arms" and all pedantic over the house being on the wrong side of the street like others have been.
Good insight into the thought process of the film. Looking forward to it more now.
Yawn !!! Another defender of the brand

that was a nice interview, seems like it just might be worth a watch, even if it's vaguely about the pre-Smiths Morrissey.

Maybe someone will get it right next time. And maybe in the form of a T.V. series, kinda like The Brady Bunch, but without the Brady and without the Bunch. :)

A rare misstep from you, KS... The second half of your comment is writing the film off already.

I have a huge loyalty to Moz, so I am happy his story may become truly mainstream. You lose nothing if this sucks.

All I'm saying is give it a chance, and 'maybe someone will get it right next time' isn't very open minded. We all know not to judge from trailers.

A rare misstep from you, KS... The second half of your comment is writing the film off already.

I have a huge loyalty to Moz, so I am happy his story may become truly mainstream. You lose nothing if this sucks.

All I'm saying is give it a chance, and 'maybe someone will get it right next time' isn't very open minded. We all know not to judge from trailers.

you're right. Long ago when this film was first announced I posted that the good thing about this film will be that maybe it will turn more people on to his music. So I agree.

I just don't want people to see a misrepresentation of his life before the Smiths, because I feel those formative years were so important in shaping the songs and the person who he is still to this day. The biggest example of not staying true to the story is leaving James Maker out of the film, a person and one of the very few of closest friends to M who played a large part in the stories that we know about his early life, so I think it's bizarre he is left out.

So of course I will it give a chance, though, I will need to watch it with my disbelief suspended.

Fantastic interview! Very cool that PJLM was mentioned as a resource, too! :)

Last edited:
Yawn, I wish she would speak to someone worthwhile like Mozzas Gardener or Hygienist. Lowlife pap

Yawn !!! Another defender of the brand
As said by just another irrelevant, anonymous, keyboard warrior sat in the bedroom at mummy and daddy's house.
Maybe one day you will become a somebody rather than a nobody.

leaving James Maker out of the film, a person and one of the very few of closest friends to M who played a large part in the stories that we know about his early life, so I think it's bizarre he is left out.
I sort of agree except it's Mike Joyce who should be in the film. Also I was thinking if you switched N's for M's, James Maker would be Jane Snaker.

As said by just another irrelevant, anonymous, keyboard warrior sat in the bedroom at mummy and daddy's house.
Maybe one day you will become a somebody rather than a nobody.

The thing I said was factual your attack was personal. Is that because you can't argue with the truth? The author is a business woman who does these things for her own brand to market both herself and her brand which she trademarked. Do you actually think Morrissey wants this person to be speaking to people he has dismissed or stopped working with.

Many of you will know that in my teens I was friends with Steven Morrissey, playing in a band with him for a while and even introducing him to another mate of mine Johnny Marr. So, I was really pleased to be asked to be involved in the research for the brand new film about Morrissey’s life before the Smiths. I’m also portrayed as one of the characters in the film!
I’m going to tell my part in the story of the ‘England is Mine’ on my website soon but in the meantime here’s the trailer for the film which is released on August 4th.

I just had a look on his website, christ i would never recognise Billy now from when we were young ones.

I sort of agree except it's Mike Joyce who should be in the film. Also I was thinking if you switched N's for M's, James Maker would be Jane Snaker.

Why Joyce?... this is a film about M pre-Smiths.

Why Joyce?... this is a film about M pre-Smiths.

Well it could be as a black mysterious shadow in the background predicting the trouble that was going to love him. :rolleyes:

The author is a business woman who does these things for her own brand to market both herself and her brand which she trademarked.

It's a well-known fact that Julie Hamil now drives a top of the range Ferrari and owns a beach house in Miami, both funded entirely by poor, exploited Morrissey fans. They deserve our pity.

It's a well-known fact that Julie Hamil now drives a top of the range Ferrari and owns a beach house in Miami, both funded entirely by poor, exploited Morrissey fans. They deserve our pity.
With her boyfriend the lifeguard ?

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom