Fifteen minutes with Mark Gill, writer/director ‘England Is Mine’ - Julie Hamill

Julie's interesting interview series continues with Mark Gill.

Fifteen minutes with Mark Gill, writer/director ‘England Is Mine’ - Julie Hamill

40321_tumblr_inline_osodgrMIaj1qkvz8g_500.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
With her boyfriend the lifeguard ?

Since Moz sang about the lifeguard sleeping, girl drowning I can't forget the sleeping bit whenever I see or hear the word lifeguard.
It ruined watching Baywatch forever, for me. :eek:

Other than Morrissey's autobiography, was Anji Hardy ever mentioned in any of the books that have been written about the Smiths/Morrissey?

"December 1976 was to prove one of the most devastatingly memorable and emotionally disruptive months of Morrissey's life. Recently, he had heard some tragic news that threatened to shatter his cosseted world. Angie, the effervescent girl with whom he had attended concerts, confided in, written to, and frequently chatted with on the phone, was reportedly dying. After returning from Italy with her boyfriend at the end of the summer, she became ill and was taken to hospital. On the eve of her eighteenth birthday it was discovered that she had leukaemia. Morrissey visited her in hospital on 5 December and was shaken by the encounter. The breezy, vivacious girl he had remembered was now a pale, thin, vulnerable shadow of herself. She had lost nearly four stone in as many months and seemed close to death. In the wake of the visit, Morrissey was on the verge of tears. For a time, the experience made him dismiss his own meagre problems and be thankful for good health. In the long term, the experience contributed to a chilling antipathy towards hospitals and fuelled an already well-developed morbidity." The Severed Alliance

"December 1976 was to prove one of the most devastatingly memorable and emotionally disruptive months of Morrissey's life. Recently, he had heard some tragic news that threatened to shatter his cosseted world. Angie, the effervescent girl with whom he had attended concerts, confided in, written to, and frequently chatted with on the phone, was reportedly dying. After returning from Italy with her boyfriend at the end of the summer, she became ill and was taken to hospital. On the eve of her eighteenth birthday it was discovered that she had leukaemia. Morrissey visited her in hospital on 5 December and was shaken by the encounter. The breezy, vivacious girl he had remembered was now a pale, thin, vulnerable shadow of herself. She had lost nearly four stone in as many months and seemed close to death. In the wake of the visit, Morrissey was on the verge of tears. For a time, the experience made him dismiss his own meagre problems and be thankful for good health. In the long term, the experience contributed to a chilling antipathy towards hospitals and fuelled an already well-developed morbidity." The Severed Alliance

Thanks so much for typing all that out! I haven't read that book. I wonder if Rogan got to read Hardy's diaries too.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom