Films you just don't get.

Withnail & I

Two middle class twats getting pissed / high / stoned for two hours......
said nothing to me about my life.....

Jukebox Jury

:rolleyes:

Gas Van Sant wanted to make a film about Colombine massacre, borrowed the style and title from Alan Clark.

Well obviously, but the plot needed more character development. Just my two cents.

Any film with Hugh Grant in it........

*note to American readers....... we do not all live in Notting Hill, with a floppy fringe, posh English accent and are a bumbling loveable idiot......

Jukebox Jury

:eek::eek: This blew my mind. You guys all love Monty Python at least, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess it seems all American males have a mullet :lbf:

If only I could be so lucky to have one.

all those f***ing Madea movies. i was forced to sit through one once and it barely a comedy. it was about these wimmen and their husbands smacking them around. it was stupid. and Tyler Perry will not stop cranking them out. I swear everytime i take the subway theres ANOTHER Madea poster down there with his big stupid face grinning at me. GAH! :mad:

Those movies are so bad. I remember watching something on CNN about how he's trying to break through to the European black family via his films. :confused::confused:

I love Joe Dirt. I'd hit that.:horny:

all those f***ing Madea movies. i was forced to sit through one once and it barely a comedy. it was about these wimmen and their husbands smacking them around. it was stupid. and Tyler Perry will not stop cranking them out. I swear everytime i take the subway theres ANOTHER Madea poster down there with his big stupid face grinning at me. GAH! :mad:

ph_madea.jpg

I don't find Tyler Perry funny at all.

Pulp Fiction. :

I feel like you aren't supposed to get that movie. Love it nevertheless.

I don't get The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I love going weekly to the midnight showings, but the movie is admittedly plotless. But the AP is priceless :)

...I Have to agrre with the comment further up...I just DO NOT Get Donnie Darko at all......nice soundtrack though...A friend of Mine who LOVES DD, also RAVES about the Sheer Brilliance of "Sexy Beast" too.....Nope, don't get that one either.....

I don't get The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I love going weekly to the midnight showings, but the movie is admittedly plotless. But the AP is priceless :)

Have you seen Hedwig and the Angry Inch? It has the camp and the glam of Rocky, but with a beautiful plot!

Have you seen Hedwig and the Angry Inch? It has the camp and the glam of Rocky, but with a beautiful plot!

Really? I've wanted to see that for ages, however I had no idea what type of movie it was. It was suggested to me a year or so ago. So its not about a car breaking down, space travelling alien incestual transvestites who create a man, kill each other, then launch the castle into space after a floor show?

:)

Repo, the Genetic Opera, saw that the other day. Wonderfulness. Its more of a goth (and better) rocky.

Really? I've wanted to see that for ages, however I had no idea what type of movie it was. It was suggested to me a year or so ago. So its not about a car breaking down, space travelling alien incestual transvestites who create a man, kill each other, then launch the castle into space after a floor show?

:)

Repo, the Genetic Opera, saw that the other day. Wonderfulness. Its more of a goth (and better) rocky.

watch it. it's great. also watch shortbus. also i liked repo. also also.

hey mindlesruff, who do you dress as when you go see rocky?

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember going with the ex to see the Matrix.....
she loved all this sci fi crap.......
After about 5 minutes, I asked her what the bloody hell was this film about....
She started going on about how they could transfer from different dimensions and timezones......
I said..... ''stop there, I've heard enough, wake me up when it finishes...''

Jukebox Jury

Withnail & I

Two middle class twats getting pissed / high / stoned for two hours......
said nothing to me about my life.....

Jukebox Jury

You're deliberately trying to provoke me, aren't you? It's a bittersweet tale of two friends, one makes it, the other fails because he's too lazy. It's aguably the most quotable film ever made, some of the dialogue is poetry. It's also hilarious and contains some great swearing. Just a few of the reasons why it's become a cult classic. It's also unmistakeably ENGLISH.

You're deliberately trying to provoke me, aren't you? It's a bittersweet tale of two friends, one makes it, the other fails because he's too lazy. It's aguably the most quotable film ever made, some of the dialogue is poetry. It's also hilarious and contains some great swearing. Just a few of the reasons why it's become a cult classic. It's also unmistakeably ENGLISH.

For once I'm actually not trying to provke anyone!
I rented the film out a few years ago....(may have even been on telly) got half way through and just switched it off..... just didn't do anything for me..... the swearing and drinking etc I found rather borish after a while....
.....have no objections doing it myself, but not just sat there watching it endlessly for two hours.... I just wanted to slap the pair of them. And I'm a pacifist.

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom