Final tracklist never heard symphonies ?

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

Is there anywhere to find the live tracks from The Smiths all in one place? The ones released to promote the box set but not on the box set?

I won't put Live In Boston on there because it's basically it's own standalone album; not really anomalous or anything.

I won't include any instrumental songs from Low In High School because to me they have nothing to do with Morrissey. The only thing good to me about the new album is his voice/vocal melodies; the music is incredibly dull and/or blisteringly pretentious. It's not like we're talking about Oscillate Wildly or I Misses You or something, where you have these gorgeous instrumentals written by a truly gifted musician and fleshed out by an actual fully realized, cohesive band. The instrumental versions of the new LP are, to me, just tapes of a bunch of interchangeable, replaceable session hacks trying to impress Morrissey. Without him, those songs don't exist in my opinion.

The Queen Is Dead Live : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/euzgjmweop0rzdc/AAA8Gsq6CuBbNNy8qX8JpgtBa?dl=0

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

Is there anywhere to find the live tracks from The Smiths all in one place? The ones released to promote the box set but not on the box set?

I won't put Live In Boston on there because it's basically it's own standalone album; not really anomalous or anything.

I won't include any instrumental songs from Low In High School because to me they have nothing to do with Morrissey. The only thing good to me about the new album is his voice/vocal melodies; the music is incredibly dull and/or blisteringly pretentious. It's not like we're talking about Oscillate Wildly or I Misses You or something, where you have these gorgeous instrumentals written by a truly gifted musician and fleshed out by an actual fully realized, cohesive band. The instrumental versions of the new LP are, to me, just tapes of a bunch of interchangeable, replaceable session hacks trying to impress Morrissey. Without him, those songs don't exist in my opinion.

Does this mean that we won't get the Symphonies comps the way they were done and that you're only gonna include tracks that you like this time around?

Does this mean that we won't get the Symphonies comps the way they were done and that you're only gonna include tracks that you like this time around?

No, this is not about my favorite outtakes. It's about collating the various tracks that have leaked/surfaced/been made available since the last major update, and it's also about re-organizing/tightening up the sequencing.

No tracks from the original editions of the anthology will be omitted with the exception of the live Presley and Ramones covers which have since been made available in professionally recorded versions, rendering the cellphone audio rips superfluous.
In the interest of completism I have decided to add the Low In High School studio backing tracks.

EDIT note 1.16.18:
NEVER HEARD SYMPHONIES: Low In High School era updated. See NHS thread for details.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom